Register

Froome Talk Only

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

15 Jun 2018 10:28

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Do you think Froome will go for the tripple if he wins the Tour? That would be really taking the piss if he wins all 3 in one year

No, he has another baby due
rick james

Re:

15 Jun 2018 11:53

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Do you think Froome will go for the tripple if he wins the Tour? That would be really taking the piss if he wins all 3 in one year

Why not, why not the Worlds too?
User avatar MartinGT

15 Jun 2018 11:58

what froome does really makes an extraterrestrial impression but it's not worth provoking him to completely impossible things such like tripple of gts, tripple + wc rr + wc tt + wc ttt. :D

it's not like he wins a gt without breaking a sweat. though, what i'm talking about? even having lost about 3' due to injuries, he won the giro mockingly easily. =)
dacooley

15 Jun 2018 12:45

Yeah, why just the 3 GTs.
I'm still wondering how he even lost so many Vueltas to **** riders. SMH at the insinuations here.
SeriousSam wrote: Peña Cabarga is like Froome's Mount Doom, the place where his great power was forged into fearsome weapon. He was never going to lose here
User avatar silvergrenade

Re: Re:

15 Jun 2018 12:50

MartinGT wrote:

He has already been stated he wants to win the road race at the worlds. I think Dawg can do it! :p
User avatar thehog
Veteran

15 Jun 2018 12:54

thehog wrote:
MartinGT wrote:

He has already been stated he wants to win the road race at the worlds. I think Dawg can do it! :p

Werent you in the "Froome cant win one day races camp"?
Anyway, I'm happy theres an extra Froome supporter on the forum. :razz: ;)
SeriousSam wrote: Peña Cabarga is like Froome's Mount Doom, the place where his great power was forged into fearsome weapon. He was never going to lose here

15 Jun 2018 13:00

silvergrenade wrote:
thehog wrote:
MartinGT wrote:

No, I was in the Froome can’t win any bike race camp since he spent most of his early career pushing Greg Henderson :p
User avatar thehog
Veteran

15 Jun 2018 13:04

thehog wrote:
silvergrenade wrote:
thehog wrote:
MartinGT wrote:

Anyway, I'm happy theres an extra Froome supporter on the forum. :razz:

No, I was in the Froome can’t win any bike race camp since he spent most of his early career pushing Greg Henderson :p

The past doesnt matter mate.
Its the present and the future that counts. :razz: ;)

Re: Froome Talk Only

15 Jun 2018 14:05

"Those Who Do Not Learn History Are Doomed To Repeat It.“

Postive test :p
User avatar thehog
Veteran

15 Jun 2018 15:21

thehog wrote:
MartinGT wrote:

Why not, he is a god amongst men :D If doping is as rife as we are led to believe, then he is just better at maximising his potential !
bigcog

15 Jun 2018 17:14

thehog wrote:
silvergrenade wrote:
thehog wrote:
MartinGT wrote:

He’s proved you wrong then it seems....top dawg
rick james

Re:

16 Jun 2018 07:12

It is known.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

16 Jun 2018 12:29

Good to see Froome not trying to game the system :cool:

Chris Froome drug defence suffers blow after cycling chiefs cast doubt on key study as tests were on dogs

Now, however, that study is the subject of intense scrutiny with senior figures at the UCI now understood to be questioning whether it is simply a delaying tactic being used to allow Froome to pursue a fifth Tour title next month.

A key flaw appears to be the admission in the Leiden paper that some of their conclusions are actually based on research not on humans but on dogs. It has actually caused some amusement in UCI circles given the British cyclist's 'Froome Dog' nickname.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-5849529/Froome-drug-defence-suffers-blow-cycling-chiefs-cast-doubt-key-study.html
User avatar thehog
Veteran

16 Jun 2018 12:45

Since one of the guys who did the report already had done a study showing EPO did n't help athletes, did not help either. :D

(Froome will let G win the Vuelta)
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

16 Jun 2018 13:08

thehog wrote:Good to see Froome not trying to game the system :cool:

Chris Froome drug defence suffers blow after cycling chiefs cast doubt on key study as tests were on dogs

Now, however, that study is the subject of intense scrutiny with senior figures at the UCI now understood to be questioning whether it is simply a delaying tactic being used to allow Froome to pursue a fifth Tour title next month.

A key flaw appears to be the admission in the Leiden paper that some of their conclusions are actually based on research not on humans but on dogs. It has actually caused some amusement in UCI circles given the British cyclist's 'Froome Dog' nickname.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-5849529/Froome-drug-defence-suffers-blow-cycling-chiefs-cast-doubt-key-study.html

Ouch. Interesting notes about the authors as well. The next few weeks will be interesting ...
User avatar Ripper

16 Jun 2018 13:49

Nice to see that the Daily Mail is only a few weeks behind the Clinic. Maybe in a few more weeks they will note some of the other flaws in this study, particularly that actual empirical data that are available don't support it.

And a "delaying tactic"? They can't be serious! A lawyer like Mike Morgan would never intentionally delay a case just so that his client could race in a couple of GTs, and Froome himself is on the record saying that no one wants more than he does for this case to be settled as soon as possible.
Merckx index

16 Jun 2018 13:57

Merckx index wrote:

Nice to see that the Daily Mail is only a few weeks behind the Clinic. Maybe in a few more weeks they will note some of the other flaws in this study, particularly that actual empirical data that are available don't support it.

And a "delaying tactic"? They can't be serious! A lawyer like Mike Morgan would never intentionally delay a case just so that his client could race in a couple of GTs, and Froome himself is on the record saying that no one wants more than he does for this case to be settled as soon as possible.

It’s kinda odd that no journalist reporting on the case actually read the study when it first hit the streets. It’s was simply pushed with the headline “Blow to UCI’s case against Froome”. Now it appears someone read it and now it’s “Blow to Froome’s case” :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

16 Jun 2018 17:50

Merckx index wrote:

Love it! Well done, and I could not have said better myself.
User avatar Ripper

16 Jun 2018 20:23

Is this the same guy that concluded EPO doesn't enhance performance in a previous study?

Sorry about that. Saw the post that answers this question.
MikeS369

16 Jun 2018 20:34

thehog wrote:
Merckx index wrote:

It’s kinda odd that no journalist reporting on the case actually read the study when it first hit the streets. It’s was simply pushed with the headline “Blow to UCI’s case against Froome”. Now it appears someone read it and now it’s “Blow to Froome’s case” :cool:

With very few exceptions anglo cycling journalism is like writing for "Pravda" about Soviet cycling.
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic