Register

Froome Talk Only

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

31 Jul 2018 07:25

Ripper wrote:
Dekker_Tifosi wrote:the weirdest thing about Froome is, that sometimes he is clearly going worse and worse, and then suddenly the next day he is good again.

This time trial is another example. He was running on fumes the last mountain stage, and suddenly he almost beats the world ITT champion. I cannot place this.
Same as with the Giro he was going worse and worse after his fall, and then the last week he was flying

Yup, this is one of the areas where I would love it if the curtain were fully pulled up. It's not like he was having a bad day. Sliding on Wednesday, Thursday was flat so who knows, Friday still sliding, so not recovered on Thursday - this is digging a bit of a whole. It would be one thing to have a great TT and come in 3-6th. That'd still be pushing it. But basically on par with winning it? WTF?

Let's not forget the Vuelta so quickly.....He was clearly in decline, Nibali took time off him on a mtf, press + internet basically concluded 'that's it, with the tdf in his legs no way he can win', then he dropped everyone......then at this precise time he bloody got popped for having twice the legal limit of salbutamol......(whilst claiming to be sick)!

They're doing whatever they need to do to get him firing in the 3rd week of GT's. That's not even speculation - that's a drug test right on cue that was basically made to go away.
User avatar The Hegelian

31 Jul 2018 07:41

The Hegelian wrote:
Ripper wrote:
Dekker_Tifosi wrote:the weirdest thing about Froome is, that sometimes he is clearly going worse and worse, and then suddenly the next day he is good again.

This time trial is another example. He was running on fumes the last mountain stage, and suddenly he almost beats the world ITT champion. I cannot place this.
Same as with the Giro he was going worse and worse after his fall, and then the last week he was flying

Yup, this is one of the areas where I would love it if the curtain were fully pulled up. It's not like he was having a bad day. Sliding on Wednesday, Thursday was flat so who knows, Friday still sliding, so not recovered on Thursday - this is digging a bit of a whole. It would be one thing to have a great TT and come in 3-6th. That'd still be pushing it. But basically on par with winning it? WTF?

Let's not forget the Vuelta so quickly.....He was clearly in decline, Nibali took time off him on a mtf, press + internet basically concluded 'that's it, with the tdf in his legs no way he can win', then he dropped everyone......then at this precise time he bloody got popped for having twice the legal limit of salbutamol......(whilst claiming to be sick)!

They're doing whatever they need to do to get him firing in the 3rd week of GT's. That's not even speculation - that's a drug test right on cue that was basically made to go away.

The whole Sky Team's recovery program is something to behold.
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

02 Aug 2018 12:21

Journalist who broke Froome salbutamol story joins Sky News https://twitter.com/marthakelner/status/1024984826510827520
User avatar fmk_RoI

03 Aug 2018 08:30

Puffed my way up to the top...
La fatica in montagna per me è poesia (Fatigue in the mountains is poetry to me) - Marco Pantani
Van een ezel kunt ge geen koerspaard maken (You can't turn a donkey into a race horse) - Patrick Lefevere
User avatar Pantani_lives

Re:

03 Aug 2018 09:48

fmk_RoI wrote:Journalist who broke Froome salbutamol story joins Sky News https://twitter.com/marthakelner/status/1024984826510827520

New colleagues say "Welcome to the dark side, Martha" - they seem aware of the irony.

What is your analysis of this one, FMK ?
She won a journalism award largely due to having broken the Froome story, or at least that was a major factor.
Now that the whole case amounted to little more than an embarrassment for the UCI, is she getting paid to shut up about doping in sports?

By the way, you were so, so right about the ASO all along ...

Luigi
ClassicomanoLuigi

03 Aug 2018 14:15

ClassicomanoLuigi wrote: Now that the whole case amounted to little more than an embarrassment for the UCI, is she getting paid to shut up about doping in sports?
Do they talk about doping on Sky News? I thought it was wall to wall football, with the odd PR package for some lesser sports?
User avatar fmk_RoI

16 Aug 2018 09:34

Nothing to see ... move along here
like everybody seems to have done
- incredible!
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

Re:

16 Aug 2018 11:03

TourOfSardinia wrote:Nothing to see ... move along here
- incredible!

Over. ;)
Alpe73

16 Aug 2018 11:29

Wada let him off. Crooked and corrupt. Will he retire after this year? If he walks away, he might get away with it all. If he stays, he might win his fifth tdf or he could lose it all.
topcat

Re:

16 Aug 2018 11:36

- incredible!

and he´ll ride Tour of Britain with his pal G.
maybe this thread will get a bump for that week
;)
pastronef

16 Aug 2018 11:46

I can see the attraction of the ToB to Thomas - Wiggins will have given him advice on the night stages, having already done the ToB pub crawl as a recently-crowned Tour winner in 2012 - but what's in it for Froome? Is he aiming to win SPOTY's team-mate of the year prize?
User avatar fmk_RoI

16 Aug 2018 12:27

Froome did the tour of south Africa to try to recreate the race conditions of the vuelta. That was a valiant attempt even though he came up short. Now he's doing the tour of Britain to keep his one fan happy. This one fan has multiple aliases and personalities and so will be unpredictable in his/her response to him 'racing' the tour of little Britain.
topcat

16 Aug 2018 12:43

fmk_RoI wrote:I can see the attraction of the ToB to Thomas - Wiggins will have given him advice on the night stages, having already done the ToB pub crawl as a recently-crowned Tour winner in 2012 - but what's in it for Froome? Is he aiming to win SPOTY's team-mate of the year prize?

I would expect Froome will be going to the Worlds (for the Time Trial at least) and want some racing beforehand. And it's good for the sponsors for him to show his face in UK when the opportunity arises.
Parker

Re:

16 Aug 2018 15:35

topcat wrote:Froome did the tour of south Africa to try to recreate the race conditions of the vuelta. That was a valiant attempt even though he came up short. Now he's doing the tour of Britain to keep his one fan happy. This one fan has multiple aliases and personalities and so will be unpredictable in his/her response to him 'racing' the tour of little Britain.

That one fan has been incredibly busy on social media in the U.K. today, filling timelines up with positive reactions to the news Froome is riding TOB this year.

Sorry if that doesn’t fit with your narrative bias :(
brownbobby

Re: Froome Talk Only

16 Aug 2018 17:05

did Monaco host a welcome home party for him in 2013??? :)
Indeed how much money did he have......very prescient of him to move to a tax haven before he started making any money...he knew all he had to do was diet :D
gillan1969

16 Aug 2018 18:30

gillan1969 wrote:did Monaco host a welcome home party for him in 2013??? :)
Indeed how much money did he have......very prescient of him to move to a tax haven before he started making any money...he knew all he had to do was diet :D

No idea when he moved to Monaco but if it was 2013 I'd have thought the new contract he signed after the notorious 2011 Vuelta was probably doing him alright.
simoni

16 Aug 2018 18:52

Maybe when's doing the ToB he'll have a chance to drop into Sky News central and chat to their new hire...
User avatar fmk_RoI

16 Aug 2018 22:20

gillan1969 wrote:did Monaco host a welcome home party for him in 2013??? :)

camel and the needle are never far away, Gillian ...
Alpe73

17 Aug 2018 07:14

pastronef wrote:
- incredible!

and he´ll ride Tour of Britain with his pal G.
maybe this thread will get a bump for that week
;)

Froome has heard something about this Britain country and has met a few Brits on the circuit. He thought he would like to see it. :p
User avatar wirral

Re:

17 Aug 2018 10:43

topcat wrote:Wada let him off. Crooked and corrupt. Will he retire after this year? If he walks away, he might get away with it all. If he stays, he might win his fifth tdf or he could lose it all.

Why would he be more at risk to lose it all if he continues to ride? If there are grounds to strip him of wins in the past, then that damage has already been done...
wouterkaas

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic