Register

Froome Talk Only

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

17 Aug 2018 11:03

wouterkaas wrote:
topcat wrote:Wada let him off. Crooked and corrupt. Will he retire after this year? If he walks away, he might get away with it all. If he stays, he might win his fifth tdf or he could lose it all.

Why would he be more at risk to lose it all if he continues to ride? If there are grounds to strip him of wins in the past, then that damage has already been done...

Ask Lance
User avatar veganrob

17 Aug 2018 15:06

veganrob wrote:
wouterkaas wrote:
topcat wrote:Wada let him off. Crooked and corrupt. Will he retire after this year? If he walks away, he might get away with it all. If he stays, he might win his fifth tdf or he could lose it all.

Why would he be more at risk to lose it all if he continues to ride? If there are grounds to strip him of wins in the past, then that damage has already been done...

Ask Lance

the more you do it the more chance you have of making a mistake and being caught...of course after the WADA debacle he may feel untouchable...

@simoni - he moved to Monaco in 2011 pre-transformation before he was making the sort of money you need to stay in Monaco.....
gillan1969

17 Aug 2018 16:03

gillan1969 wrote:@simoni - he moved to Monaco in 2011 pre-transformation before he was making the sort of money you need to stay in Monaco.....
Monaco can't be that expensive. Lizzie Deignan chose to live there and there's no money in women's cycling.
User avatar fmk_RoI

17 Aug 2018 16:36

fmk_RoI wrote:
gillan1969 wrote:@simoni - he moved to Monaco in 2011 pre-transformation before he was making the sort of money you need to stay in Monaco.....
Monaco can't be that expensive. Lizzie Deignan chose to live there and there's no money in women's cycling.

Having been there a few times, I think there are some relatively inexpensive apartments on the Nice side. However, I wonder if there isn't some kind of address dodge that allows you to have a Monaco address but live nearby. It's certainly a great place to train. I was there in mid-June and saw Sky and Sunweb riders/vans out on the roads.
Bolder

18 Aug 2018 08:31

You can simply rent a 1 bed apartment in Monaco, you don't need to buy to be a resident although obviously if you can buy, there are more benefits financially not just purely tax on your earnings. €500,000 deposit is about all you need to be a resident. After that, just make sure you are there for 90 days per year. There's some banks that will provide the paperwork for £85k deposit however. Factor in apartment rent for the 5 or 6 years you'll need and I believe you can do it for around £235,000 for 5 years so within reach of most sports people.amd you'll earn more over the 5 years so it's a win win.
samhocking

18 Aug 2018 14:45

As for living in Monaco, didn't Rebellin claim to be living in Monaco to avoid paying taxes in Italy and when investigated, yes he had an address in Moanco but spent most of his time in Italy when not racing. Got done for a couple of million euro.

So there are probably scams to get addresses in Monaco and live in nearby Nice or just near to Monaco or even your home town.

Cyclists, would never do that, as it would be cheating and we know cyclists never cheat.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re:

18 Aug 2018 15:11

Benotti69 wrote:As for living in Monaco, didn't Rebellin claim to be living in Monaco to avoid paying taxes in Italy and when investigated, yes he had an address in Moanco but spent most of his time in Italy when not racing. Got done for a couple of million euro.

So there are probably scams to get addresses in Monaco and live in nearby Nice or just near to Monaco or even your home town.

Cyclists, would never do that, as it would be cheating and we know cyclists never cheat.

Kwiato is on Strava, many rides begin from the Team Sky house above Monaco. many twitter and instagram pics by Kwiato, Poels, Froome, Thomas and co are from the Cote d'Azur. I'd say they live in Monaco.
I know it would be more fair to endure British and Polish weather, well, you can't have it all :p
pastronef

18 Aug 2018 17:43

Not sure why you would need to apply for residency under a scam as £500K is affordable by most sports people. It's a relatively simple cross-reference between the bank who provides a reference letter of necessary funds deposited, proof of accommodation address in Monaco and matching electricity contract for that address every 12 months and an interview. If you have the right contacts with the banks, you can get the bank to write the reference for as little as £85K.
samhocking

Re:

18 Aug 2018 22:48

samhocking wrote:Not sure why you would need to apply for residency under a scam as £500K is affordable by most sports people. It's a relatively simple cross-reference between the bank who provides a reference letter of necessary funds deposited, proof of accommodation address in Monaco and matching electricity contract for that address every 12 months and an interview. If you have the right contacts with the banks, you can get the bank to write the reference for as little as £85K.

Paul Manafort disagrees with you :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

20 Aug 2018 09:45

Or be like Gilbert and open a bike shop in Monte Carlo.
Bolder

20 Aug 2018 12:48

Once more the hopes and dreams of Clinicians that Froome will hang up his wheels are wrecked on the rocks of reality:
I’m not finished, when I get to end of my career, I could be able to say, but at the moment I still have a lot to achieve and race for. At the moment, I don’t think about it, there’s still a lot I want to do.
User avatar fmk_RoI

Re:

20 Aug 2018 21:49

fmk_RoI wrote:Once more the hopes and dreams of Clinicians that Froome will hang up his wheels are wrecked on the rocks of reality:
I’m not finished, when I get to end of my career, I could be able to say, but at the moment I still have a lot to achieve and race for. At the moment, I don’t think about it, there’s still a lot I want to do.

or ... "I've got a wife, 2 kids & a cat to support!"
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

21 Aug 2018 06:59

Robert5091 wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:Once more the hopes and dreams of Clinicians that Froome will hang up his wheels are wrecked on the rocks of reality:

I don't think you need to worry about his ability to do that...he's doing ok ;)
brownbobby

21 Aug 2018 07:17

pastronef wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:As for living in Monaco, didn't Rebellin claim to be living in Monaco to avoid paying taxes in Italy and when investigated, yes he had an address in Moanco but spent most of his time in Italy when not racing. Got done for a couple of million euro.

Kwiato is on Strava, many rides begin from the Team Sky house above Monaco. many twitter and instagram pics by Kwiato, Poels, Froome, Thomas and co are from the Cote d'Azur. I'd say they live in Monaco.
I know it would be more fair to endure British and Polish weather, well, you can't have it all :p

Doesn’t mean that they can’t drive or ride from Nice, Eze or whichever neighbouring town first :confused:
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

Re: Froome Talk Only

21 Aug 2018 09:48

Problem Rebellin had was he was naive as he was continually flying into Italy instead of Nice/France and driving around with Monaco number plates most of the year in Italy when he said he was in Monaco. He needed to do it like Froome and most others do, where you and your family live in Monaco while you're racing in the season, build up your Nice passport stamps on your passport to show the 90 days residency there, then make sure the stamps going back home to Italy, South Africa wherever satisfy the number of days before you would be considered a resident and therefore be liable to pay tax. Basically Rebellin wanted all the benefit of being paid in Monaco, while living in Italy and it doesn't work like that. To properly evade you would need to be much more clever and use public transport after flying into Nice and live in a way your movements couldn't be traced though your bank accounts for example.
samhocking

21 Aug 2018 12:16

Robert5091 wrote:

This place is slipping.

FIFY

"I've got a wife, 2 kids & a python to support!"
wansteadimp

21 Aug 2018 12:56

https://www.instagram.com/froomecat/

6,698 followers on Instagram ...
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

21 Aug 2018 13:09

samhocking wrote:Problem Rebellin had was he was naive as he was continually flying into Italy instead of Nice/France and driving around with Monaco number plates most of the year in Italy when he said he was in Monaco. He needed to do it like Froome and most others do, where you and your family live in Monaco while you're racing in the season, build up your Nice passport stamps on your passport to show the 90 days residency there, then make sure the stamps going back home to Italy, South Africa wherever satisfy the number of days before you would be considered a resident and therefore be liable to pay tax. Basically Rebellin wanted all the benefit of being paid in Monaco, while living in Italy and it doesn't work like that. To properly evade you would need to be much more clever and use public transport after flying into Nice and live in a way your movements couldn't be traced though your bank accounts for example.

EU citizens use their identity card, they do not get passport stamps when traveling through Nice or any other EU country. Why do you continually make up nonsense? Tax is in the EU is reciprocal, each nation shares its tax information with the other so you only pay in your country of actual residence which is on your EU identity card rather than paying in several countries.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

21 Aug 2018 14:48

Robert5091 wrote:https://www.instagram.com/froomecat/

6,698 followers on Instagram ...

Clinic hits a new low, bringing froomes cats instagram page Up as some sort of doping talk????
rick james

21 Aug 2018 15:21

Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic