Register

Froome Talk Only

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

11 Jul 2012 03:59

The Valley wrote:I guess cyclists have brought it on themselves to a large extent with cycling's dark years of doping and lying, but it all comes down to character in the end. Do Froome or Wiggins seem like the types who would dope?

Categorically: no

Whilst there are still some obvious chancers out there, [color="Red"]I'll put my head on the block for Froome and Wiggins.[/color]

Runitout wrote:This is the most naive thing I've read today. Good men, who treat others with respect, and have actual consciences, dope like junkies.

Ivan Basso and Tyler Hamilton are allegedly decent, loving, caring people. And being clean does not make one a saint.

"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche"

Marie Antoinette I fink you lost your head.
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

11 Jul 2012 03:59

If I were Froome I'd ride against Wiggins like Lemond did against Hinault. :) I mean Froome simply rode Wiggins off his wheel on the top of that climb.

Oh, but he'll be a robot like all the other drones who work for their million dollar men nowadays. No spine.
"In the field of sports you are more or less accepted for what you do rather than what you are."
Althea Gibson
User avatar BigBoat

11 Jul 2012 04:02

BigBoat wrote:If I were Froome I'd ride against Wiggins like Lemond did against Hinault. :) I mean Froome simply rode Wiggins off his wheel on the top of that climb.

Oh, but he'll be a robot like all the other drones who work for their million dollar men nowadays. No spine.

If your dealer is giving out the m&ms and says the other guy will win you listen. You never want to cut off your supply. Ever.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

11 Jul 2012 04:11

The Valley wrote:I guess cyclists have brought it on themselves to a large extent with cycling's dark years of doping and lying, but it all comes down to character in the end. Do Froome or Wiggins seem like the types who would dope?

Categorically: no

Whilst there are still some obvious chancers out there, I'll put my head on the block for Froome and Wiggins.

You really have no idea what guys at that level of competition will do. EGO is very essential at that level.

And given that, a lot will risk a lot for the success of being a top rider. It changes everything for you. Salary, sponsorships, contracts.
PedalPusher

11 Jul 2012 04:14

BigBoat wrote:If I were Froome I'd ride against Wiggins like Lemond did against Hinault. :) I mean Froome simply rode Wiggins off his wheel on the top of that climb.

Yeah, pretty interesting...pulls for about 3k, hard mind you, uphill, then somehow has the ability to counter attack Evans and drop them like Cat 3's....not domestiques, the prior winner and one of the best GC riders in the world and...Wiggo...(super domestique):D
PedalPusher

11 Jul 2012 19:23

PedalPusher wrote:You really have no idea what guys at that level of competition will do. EGO is very essential at that level.

Quite true, and perhaps more importantly the burning desire to win at any cost. A study was done in 1967, where elite runners were asked, if they would take a pill that would kill them in a year, but make them Olympic champions. More than half said yes.
http://www.howstuffworks.com/athletic-drug-test.htm
Cerberus

11 Jul 2012 20:12

Did Wiggo just throw his own teammate [Froome] under the bus with this comment?

"I’ve been fourth in the Tour de France, third in the Vuelta last year, it’s not like I’ve just come from nowhere. I’ve got an incredible pedigree behind me, junior world champion and an incredible rise through the ranks and so I don’t feel like I lost my cool, I just said what I think.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wiggins-im-not-some-s-t-rider-who-has-come-from-nowhere?ns_campaign=news&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=cyclingnews&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Veteran

12 Jul 2012 03:10

Froome to me is the English version of Bernhard Kohl, only with a very powerful doped up team behind him. As Kohl did-there is this rider with no "noticeable results" in his career-and surprisingly, he's climbing & ITT'ing among the best-even podium'ed. does it sound familiar?

and how about the fact that his "blood disease" only appears when he isn't competing at all-only when he's away training or resting? :mad:

that **** ain't right at all !!!

I truly & honestly dislike him-as he represents the purest side of dope culture in cycling.
Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
Sun Tzu
User avatar hfer07
Veteran

12 Jul 2012 04:26

Kohl didn't quite come from nowhere. Had a very promising season in 2006 at just 24. His best GT result (albeit 30th) in the 2007 Tour. Next year he made the big leap, for what are now obvious reasons, although he probably wasn't clean prior to then either.
Ferminal
Veteran

12 Jul 2012 04:53

Ferminal wrote:Kohl didn't quite come from nowhere. Had a very promising season in 2006 at just 24. His best GT result (albeit 30th) in the 2007 Tour. Next year he made the big leap, for what are now obvious reasons, although he probably wasn't clean prior to then either.

second in dauphine that year.

think di gregorio had a good dauphine about the same time. Brailsofrd was interested in him when sky were founded
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

12 Jul 2012 04:55

cineteq wrote:Did Wiggo just throw his own teammate [Froome] under the bus with this comment?

"I’ve been fourth in the Tour de France, third in the Vuelta last year, it’s not like I’ve just come from nowhere. I’ve got an incredible pedigree behind me, junior world champion and an incredible rise through the ranks and so I don’t feel like I lost my cool, I just said what I think.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wiggins-im-not-some-s-t-rider-who-has-come-from-nowhere?ns_campaign=news&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=cyclingnews&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

I seriously doubt that was aimed at Froome. That was all about Brad thinking about Brad and his pedigree. Ego ego ego. Trying to mellow the folks that say this appears to be a transformation, etc.
JimmyFingers wrote:Look I no way dispute Wiggins ... he is doping, he's at it all the time, and has been for years.
User avatar Ripper

12 Jul 2012 04:59

this

b a DS bigboat
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

12 Jul 2012 16:08

This stage seals the deal for me on Froome. It looks like what prevented him from catching and passing Rolland was team orders - nothing else.
User avatar Cancellator

12 Jul 2012 16:14

Froome-tastic. Chicken-like in his uphill sprints.
"This comment qualifies as a shining example of the "anyone who disagrees with my perspective is a dolt" leftist, intolerant mish-mash of shallow thinking." - Scott SoCal
User avatar frenchfry

12 Jul 2012 16:15

Cancellator wrote:This stage seals the deal for me on Froome. It looks like what prevented him from catching and passing Rolland was team orders - nothing else.

Anyone else reminded of Lemond/Hinault, 1985? And no, I'm not trying to compare Froome/Wiggins to the other two in any way except this.
Merckx index

12 Jul 2012 16:15

I wish Froome would win. He just goes wild on the climbs, chucks his brain out at the bottom and beats his bike senseless for 45 minutes. I love it.

Also, if there was ever an argument to ban race radios...
"After studying my own case, I know the possibility of eating meat contaminated with Clenbuterol is very small but it is possible because farmers always want to boost animal growth." ~Alessandro Colò
User avatar goggalor

12 Jul 2012 16:16

After Froome's performance today I urge all other riders in the peleton to be scanned for Parasites, because if the removal of such thing can make you this strong, they better hope they have it.
Dr.Sahl

12 Jul 2012 16:26

Dr.Sahl wrote:After Froome's performance today I urge all other riders in the peleton to be scanned for Parasites, because if the removal of such thing can make you this strong, they better hope they have it.

I was thinking exactly the same thing last night- It appears to be that kind of "illness" makes you a better rider indeed...;)

Froome is just a joke!!!
Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
Sun Tzu
User avatar hfer07
Veteran

12 Jul 2012 16:37

what is going on in sky?
what a freak show showed by Froom?
Either SKY bring us into future or bring us back ten years. Only time will tell.
User avatar maxmartin

12 Jul 2012 16:38

Good sandbagging there for a few seconds.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic