Register

The Sky-Con-O-Meter. Predictions on how much more ridiculous they can get

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

17 May 2016 19:28

Farcanal wrote:
Farcanal wrote:
thehog wrote:
Alberto doesn't need any extra nighttime motivation like the Sky riders do, he only dreams of winning :D

Did you sneak in to get that shot? :D

Sorry, in this context maybe "shot" wasn't the best choice of vocabulary!

:eek: :D
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re: The Sky-Con-O-Meter. Predictions on how much more ridic

14 Jul 2016 07:39

thehog wrote:Predictions:

- 1-2 in the remaining time trial.

- Froome to ride up to breakaway attempts by top tier climbers and then attack himself, slowdown and then ride on the front again.

- Sky doms to pace set for 50km’s at a time up HC mountains

- Cav to win one or more stages before Tour end.

- The grupetto to finish outside the time limit day after day.

- Known climbers being chased down by Sky doms.

Anything else I missed?

Crosswind attack.
Bronstein

Re:

14 Jul 2016 08:23

42x16ss wrote:Froome to get cut off by a race moto going up the Ventoux at the Tour. He then proceeds to chase the rider down at speed (while still riding uphill) and lands several haymakers before realising what he's done.

All without losing time :eek:

After the other day and the punch, this doesn't seem so silly now.
User avatar BYOP88

14 Jul 2016 11:46

BYOP88 wrote:
42x16ss wrote:Froome to get cut off by a race moto going up the Ventoux at the Tour. He then proceeds to chase the rider down at speed (while still riding uphill) and lands several haymakers before realising what he's done.

All without losing time :eek:

After the other day and the punch, this doesn't seem so silly now.

I have to admit I didn't predict, 63kg climbers going off the front of a steaming peloton and beating the sprinters teams! :lol:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

14 Jul 2016 12:11

At some point, "Need to beat people, need to beat people", was the only thing on Froome's mind, thereby no longer distinguishing between climbers, TT-ers, sprinters, and Tour de France cycling fans.
(source: Walsh' upcoming Froome biography "My Descent")
sniper
Veteran

30 May 2018 12:55

80km solo raid by the Kenyan = record Con-O-Meter reading.
Bronstein

30 May 2018 13:01

Apart from the insane solo, Froome achieved something that only two achieved before and that was over 30 years ago. He is no curren title holders in all 3 GTs. Being the winner of even 2 was titled unachievable for years now. And why stop here? He will again be the big favourite in July (if he is allowed to start). Can't get more ridicously as that in my book.
ppanther92

Re:

30 May 2018 13:09

ppanther92 wrote:Apart from the insane solo, Froome achieved something that only two achieved before and that was over 30 years ago. He is no curren title holders in all 3 GTs. Being the winner of even 2 was titled unachievable for years now. And why stop here? He will again be the big favourite in July (if he is allowed to start). Can't get more ridicously as that in my book.

Was it? 2 in a season, yes, but 2 would be very achievable. Contador did it twice I think, Tour then Giro next year (07/08) and Vuelta then Giro next year (14/15). It just usually means missing the Tour, which Contador did in 2008 and most of it in 2015.

Winning the Tour this year would certainly be ridiculous.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

30 May 2018 13:49

Contador won both Giro and Vuelta in 2008, and Nibali would have done the same thing in 2013 if it wasn't for Horner
User avatar Gung Ho Gun

Re:

30 May 2018 14:11

Gung Ho Gun wrote:Contador won both Giro and Vuelta in 2008, and Nibali would have done the same thing in 2013 if it wasn't for Horner

Huge difference between winning the Giro-Vuelta double and winning the Giro-Tour or the Tour-Vuelta.

Firstly, the recovery period gets slashed in half. After a three week race any normal human being needs a period of rest before they can get back into top form. Managing to both fully rest and get back into Grand Tour-winning form is almost impossible in the short time between two consecutive tours.

Secondly, the competition in the Tour is usually much harder, so winning it takes more from the rider.

If Froome wins four consecutive Grand Tours it will be the biggest raised middle finger to clean sport I've ever seen.
User avatar Saint Unix

30 May 2018 15:32

Saint Unix wrote:
Gung Ho Gun wrote:Contador won both Giro and Vuelta in 2008, and Nibali would have done the same thing in 2013 if it wasn't for Horner

Huge difference between winning the Giro-Vuelta double and winning the Giro-Tour or the Tour-Vuelta.

Firstly, the recovery period gets slashed in half. After a three week race any normal human being needs a period of rest before they can get back into top form. Managing to both fully rest and get back into Grand Tour-winning form is almost impossible in the short time between two consecutive tours.

Secondly, the competition in the Tour is usually much harder, so winning it takes more from the rider.

If Froome wins four consecutive Grand Tours it will be the biggest raised middle finger to clean sport I've ever seen.

if the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc riders behind him are CLEAN yes :D it would be the biggest... etc etc
they are not
pastronef

30 May 2018 15:42

pastronef wrote:
if the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc riders behind him are CLEAN yes :D it would be the biggest... etc etc
they are not

Very true. I should have said "the illusion of clean sport".
User avatar Saint Unix

30 May 2018 15:55

pastronef wrote:
Saint Unix wrote:

they are not

Froome cheats a lot more than others. He has no moral compass.
User avatar El Pistolero
Veteran

30 May 2018 16:49

El Pistolero wrote:
pastronef wrote:
Saint Unix wrote:

they are not

:lol:

:rolleyes:
when cheating (less or more) no moral compass in involved. so others havent that either
pastronef

30 May 2018 16:57

Why not go for broke and win both TDF and Vuelta this year and be the first rider to win all GT in a year
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran

30 May 2018 17:35

I dunno, I'm starting to find their - rather odd - definition of "transparency" rather ridiculous...
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Re:

30 May 2018 17:46

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Why not go for broke and win both TDF and Vuelta this year and be the first rider to win all GT in a year

Why stop there? I hear there's a pretty hilly world championships in Austria this year?
Brullnux
Veteran

30 May 2018 20:14

pastronef wrote:
El Pistolero wrote:
pastronef wrote:
Saint Unix wrote:

they are not

:lol:

:rolleyes:
when cheating (less or more) no moral compass in involved. so others havent that either
froome takes much more risks than others which is why the idiot got caught with something as stupid as salbutamol. Just watch interviews of him, he's a bigger sociopath than Armstrong.
User avatar El Pistolero
Veteran

30 May 2018 20:27

El Pistolero wrote:
pastronef wrote:
Saint Unix wrote:

they are not

rick james

30 May 2018 20:52

El Pistolero wrote:froome takes much more risks than others which is why the idiot got caught with something as stupid as salbutamol. Just watch interviews of him, he's a bigger sociopath than Armstrong.

Him and Sky in general are also far more shameless. Froome has no qualms about pulling out the most ludicrous doping-assisted displays seen in the last 10 years if he has to, no matter how ridiculous it ends up looking in the grand scheme of things. That, in addition to the team constantly peddling nonsense explanations for everything fishy that goes on around them. Leinders only there to weigh the riders, Froome had bilharzia without knowing it for years, marginal gains that every other team also does but somehow they work extra well for Sky, Froome just lost the fat and on and on and on and on...
User avatar Saint Unix

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic