Register

The Sky-Con-O-Meter. Predictions on how much more ridiculous they can get

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: The Sky-Con-O-Meter. Predictions on how much more ridic

21 Jul 2018 01:16

King Boonen wrote:
Merckx index wrote:
samhocking wrote: I would never reveal the secrets to my company success just because people ask.

That’s why I’m a scientist and not a businessman. Scientists want their discoveries to help everyone. Businessmen want to enrich themselves.

Knowledge is my unique asset, there would be no way I would just reveal what I worked so hard for.

The joy is in being the first to know something, not being the only one to know.

The stuff that truly makes me unique I would not even sell to a competitor.

The stuff that truly makes us unique can't be described in words. It's not something that can be sold.

This is a silly comparison. Yes, you’ll happily share your discovery, as a publication. Once the discovery is made and published you’ve made your “currency” from it and you’re on to the next thing. It’s completely different to someone running a business.

Thomas Jefferson would disagree with you
User avatar veganrob

21 Jul 2018 08:30

veganrob wrote:
King Boonen wrote:
Merckx index wrote:
samhocking wrote: I would never reveal the secrets to my company success just because people ask.

That’s why I’m a scientist and not a businessman. Scientists want their discoveries to help everyone. Businessmen want to enrich themselves.

Knowledge is my unique asset, there would be no way I would just reveal what I worked so hard for.

The joy is in being the first to know something, not being the only one to know.

The stuff that truly makes me unique I would not even sell to a competitor.

The stuff that truly makes us unique can't be described in words. It's not something that can be sold.

This is a silly comparison. Yes, you’ll happily share your discovery, as a publication. Once the discovery is made and published you’ve made your “currency” from it and you’re on to the next thing. It’s completely different to someone running a business.

Thomas Jefferson would disagree with you

Sorry, I don’t understand that at all.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

21 Jul 2018 21:09

Drifting into "$$$/heaven/camel/needle" territory.

Awkward!
Alpe73

Previous

Return to The Clinic