Register

JV talks, sort of

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

JV talks, sort of

02 Aug 2012 02:04

He invites discussion on Twitter about the role doping played in his retirement.

Jonathan VaughtersVerified ‏@Vaughters
I wonder if anyone is curious as to why I quit racing at 29, and walked away from the last 2 yrs of a pretty phat contract? Must be crazy..
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Veteran

02 Aug 2012 02:08

I remember this: :) Srry, just cant get over that he he.

"In the field of sports you are more or less accepted for what you do rather than what you are."
Althea Gibson
User avatar BigBoat

02 Aug 2012 02:14

At this point after all the BS he's sputtered about saying he's not saying anything then says more BS...

Basically wants more attention, his day in the doping limelight are long gone, he could say whatever he wants and it should/will be pasted down near those tiny ads no one reads (because they're so tiny).

Or was he drunk when he tweeted that :D
CyclingNews Forum Member Number 1. (verified)
All my posts are of my own opinion.
October 10, 2012 The Reasoned Decision
User avatar ElChingon
Veteran

02 Aug 2012 02:16

According to Podium Cafe there is lot of detail in subsequent conversations but as I really hate Twitter I do not want to figure out how to find the stuff.
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Veteran

02 Aug 2012 02:39

tell us why Wiggins head grew an inch vertically over the past 6 years. Does this fit with your hgh and growth of foreheads theory. And if not, why not.

And if Wiggins had this innate talent and earning capacity, why was he not exploiting this economic potential as a 25yo.

You gont have to read Michael Lewis to discern how economics influences sport and sporting decisions in the clubhouse or back office. Why was Wiggins not a multi millionare, say, like Basso, or Valverde, or Contador?

Is it, because there was such GC depth, he took the moneyball route, and picked his sweetspot, which was not GC.

But then why did he not cherrypick chrono wins, to boost his eonomic value in the Protour. Like Michael Rogers. Like Michael Rogers.

Freiburg anyone

Ferrari anyone

like Michael Rogers.

Come on JV, we aint idiots. You told us you could pick em, but could not afford to keep him. More, you could not afford to refuse DB buying out his contract for one million GBP eh.
“Nothing can ever touch the purity of what we accomplished now. Nothing can ever change it” -Johan Bruyneel
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

02 Aug 2012 02:40

"ok, first: we are the only team that has ever made this data available. Dim, Sky will never publish it. Ever."

Hmmmm...

"if I talk the talk, I need to walk the walk. Next few months are going to be tough. But better in the long run."
User avatar BroDeal
Veteran

02 Aug 2012 02:45

but he already told us Wiggins was clean. What more evidence do we need that Wiggins is clean apart from the word of our good friend JonnyVee
“Nothing can ever touch the purity of what we accomplished now. Nothing can ever change it” -Johan Bruyneel
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

02 Aug 2012 02:46

BroDeal wrote:He invites discussion on Twitter about the role doping played in his retirement.

Jonathan VaughtersVerified ‏@Vaughters
I wonder if anyone is curious as to why I quit racing at 29, and walked away from the last 2 yrs of a pretty phat contract? Must be crazy..

Not crazy.

I am sure he has scruples. He is just outnumbered and outgunned. The Dutch boy with a finger in a crumbling dike.

Dave.
Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
D-Queued
Veteran

02 Aug 2012 02:54

@dimspace @pjakma ... There are experts that analyze this data. Why don't you trust them? Because its UCI? That's understandable.

@Vaughters @pjakma my suggestion for Bradley, is that he gives his data to ashenden. Ashenden then publishes them with a full report

@dimspace @pjakma Brad will get sex change surgery before he does that. Esp via Aschenden.

Doesn't Brad trust the experts? :confused:

And what's wrong with Ashenden? ****ed that he estimated the chance of AC's blood values being natural at ~1/7000, even though you had "very good sources" (Saiz and Hog? :o) telling you Bert was clean? Or is it because he says the passport doesn't eliminate significant blood boosting?
Tyler'sTwin

02 Aug 2012 02:56

definiton of scruples when cognitive dissonance is overwhelming.

He is holding two countervailing positions that cannot be reconciled.

Can you change the culture from the inside. That is the question.

Is mitigation of peds a respectable aim.

I have some points of contest here, but Savulescu has to give something that demonstrates that the sport/emperor has no clothes. http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/ethicist-savulescu-believes-doping-in-sports-should-be-allowed-a-844939.html
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

02 Aug 2012 02:59

passport and values aint the solution. Ash just released his study that was him mimicking epo microdosing straight in the vein, to see if he could tweak the blood passport numbers and pass (as a doper would aim to). And he found no difference in those numbers he got back.
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

02 Aug 2012 03:07

Here was my chat with him yesterday, I started by asking if the reason he walked was because he was "cursed with a conscience"...

Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters

@JMBeaushrimp Close.. I had immense respect for Roger Legeay. Was a bit tired of disappointing him. 2 ways to stop disappointing him

Mildly cryptic, but also quite revealing.

He's playing from the inside, and as far as that goes I have hard time bagging on him.

As my favourite quote goes: "Things could be worse. Oh, things could be so much worse..."
JMBeaushrimp

02 Aug 2012 03:17

I could care less what JV has to say anymore. He's basically trying to play both sides of the doping issue from within the system. So he sees himself as some kind of bad *** hero like "Yojimbo" but the reality is he's smeared himself in so much crap by now that he has zero credibility left to the people who want to see clean pro cycling. We all know JV shot himself full of EPO to temporarily hold the hill climb TT time up Ventoux in the Dauphine, he admitted as much cryptically - but of course he can't make a full admission because remember "he's playing both sides" and can't get fired.

And don't tell me Wigans was clean on Garmin. Hesjedal? Vande Velde? I don't think so. JV is clearly looking the other way and talking out of both sides of his mouth in an attempt to again, gain credibility from "both sides of the issue."

Those of you with eyes open should recognize him for the duplicitious wannabe hipster loser POS he is by now.
User avatar BikeCentric

02 Aug 2012 05:33

Tyler'sTwin wrote:@Vaughters @pjakma my suggestion for Bradley, is that he gives his data to ashenden. Ashenden then publishes them with a full report

@dimspace @pjakma Brad will get sex change surgery before he does that. Esp via Aschenden.

And there you have it.

As to JV. Props for actually talking to USADA, provided he is telling them the whole truth. Beyond that, I don't think he really needs to be saying anything right now to hardcore fans. Actions speak louder than words.
User avatar Alpe d'Huez
Administrator

02 Aug 2012 07:33

blackcat wrote:but he already told us Wiggins was clean. What more evidence do we need that Wiggins is clean apart from the word of our good friend JonnyVee

I am still really interested to know how many other Garmin riders went to see Del Moral in 2009. JV never cleared that one up to my satisfaction.
User avatar badboygolf16v

02 Aug 2012 07:53

Tyler'sTwin wrote:@dimspace @pjakma ... There are experts that analyze this data. Why don't you trust them? Because its UCI? That's understandable.

@Vaughters @pjakma my suggestion for Bradley, is that he gives his data to ashenden. Ashenden then publishes them with a full report

Doesn't Brad trust the experts? :confused:

And what's wrong with Ashenden? ****ed that he estimated the chance of AC's blood values being natural at ~1/7000, even though you had "very good sources" (Saiz and Hog? :o) telling you Bert was clean? Or is it because he says the passport doesn't eliminate significant blood boosting?

Just like Armstrong and Nixon, it looks like Wiggins keeps an enemies list. Both Ashenden and Kimmage are on it.
User avatar BroDeal
Veteran

02 Aug 2012 08:30

BroDeal wrote:Just like Armstrong and Nixon, it looks like Wiggins keeps an enemies list. Both Ashenden and Kimmage are on it.

Now if you were all for a clean peloton why would these 2 be your enemies.

Wiggin's riding clean is the biggest joke since Armstrong.

I wonder do they do any research into people's backgrounds before awarding a knighthood in the UK. They should otherwise it will be an embarrassment when the most decorated GB Olympic hero turns out to be a doper.
"ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78.

Jean Dubuffet: "For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity."
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

02 Aug 2012 08:40

Benotti69 wrote:Now if you were all for a clean peloton why would these 2 be your enemies.

Wiggin's riding clean is the biggest joke since Armstrong.

I wonder do they do any research into people's backgrounds before awarding a knighthood in the UK. They should otherwise it will be an embarrassment when the most decorated GB Olympic hero turns out to be a doper.

I could understand if Wiggo disliked Kimmage's personality or whatever. But what has Ashenden ever done to him? When have they interacted?
User avatar hrotha
Veteran

02 Aug 2012 08:51

hrotha wrote:I could understand if Wiggo disliked Kimmage's personality or whatever. But what has Ashenden ever done to him? When have they interacted?

Whether Wiggins dislike's Kimmage's personalilty, he is pretty stupid not to see Kimmage as someone on the side of the fight for a cleaner sport. :rolleyes:

Why would Wiggins make an enemy of him if they both wanted the same thing? :rolleyes:

Also Wiggins would not have gotten to know Kimmage that well nor would he be in his company much if at all apart from Kimmage's time at Garmin during the TdF and the interview Wiggins gave Kimmage.

It is either his man love for Armstrong or Wiggins is a F****** W***** with a huge ego who cant see past the end of his nose.

I guess both :D

Add to that he dislikes Ashenden, well that is strange given his 2007 comments, but not given his recent stance.

So we have the metamorphosis of Wiggins the so called clean cyclist into the doped TdF winner.

Jean Dubuffet: "For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity."
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

02 Aug 2012 08:54

Is JV trying to send out signals about Wiggins and Sky?

Is he hoping that they will reign themselves in? Hardly now that they have fixed their 'program' in place and it has reached huge dividends.

Or is he jealous and venting that.

I cant imagine JV believes what Sky are doing is clean.

But them some of us dont believe Garmin.:rolleyes:

User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Next

Return to The Clinic