Log in:  

Register

JV talks, sort of

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: Re:

31 Oct 2016 16:31

BullsFan22 wrote:
Irondan wrote:Oleg responding to JV in the article CN posted today in the comments section..... Priceless! :lol:

Image

Image

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/jonathan-vaughters-the-worldtour-race-to-the-bottom/



I'd love to be proven wrong, but I highly doubt that's the 'real' Oleg.


It's the real Oleg Tinkov, we've (CN Staff) confirmed it.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 7,067
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Re:

31 Oct 2016 17:20

Irondan wrote:
BullsFan22 wrote:
Irondan wrote:Oleg responding to JV in the article CN posted today in the comments section..... Priceless! :lol:

Image

Image

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/jonathan-vaughters-the-worldtour-race-to-the-bottom/



I'd love to be proven wrong, but I highly doubt that's the 'real' Oleg.


It's the real Oleg Tinkov, we've (CN Staff) confirmed it.



Jeez. Not that he was one that shied away from controversial remarks, but now that he's leaving soon, I wonder what he has in store next??
BullsFan22
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,807
Joined: 22 Jun 2010 21:19

Re: Re:

31 Oct 2016 17:24

BullsFan22 wrote:
Irondan wrote:
BullsFan22 wrote:
Irondan wrote:Oleg responding to JV in the article CN posted today in the comments section..... Priceless! :lol:

Image

Image

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/jonathan-vaughters-the-worldtour-race-to-the-bottom/



I'd love to be proven wrong, but I highly doubt that's the 'real' Oleg.


It's the real Oleg Tinkov, we've (CN Staff) confirmed it.



Jeez. Not that he was one that shied away from controversial remarks, but now that he's leaving soon, I wonder what he has in store next??

It's just Oleg ****Dropping the Microphone**** as he's going out the door....

Who would expect anything less? :lol:

I'm usually a harsh critic of Oleg, but these beauties hit the nail right on the head.

Too bad JV doesn't have the cajones to respond in public. :rolleyes:
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 7,067
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Re:

31 Oct 2016 18:07

Irondan wrote:
BullsFan22 wrote:
Irondan wrote:Oleg responding to JV in the article CN posted today in the comments section..... Priceless! :lol:

Image

Image

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/jonathan-vaughters-the-worldtour-race-to-the-bottom/



I'd love to be proven wrong, but I highly doubt that's the 'real' Oleg.


It's the real Oleg Tinkov, we've (CN Staff) confirmed it.


Pure gold. Not that Tinkov had any real solutions, but this is just fantastic.
User avatar red_flanders
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,664
Joined: 03 Apr 2009 06:45

Re: Re:

31 Oct 2016 18:30

Irondan wrote:
BullsFan22 wrote:
Irondan wrote:
BullsFan22 wrote:
Irondan wrote:Oleg responding to JV in the article CN posted today in the comments section..... Priceless! :lol:

Image

Image

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/jonathan-vaughters-the-worldtour-race-to-the-bottom/



I'd love to be proven wrong, but I highly doubt that's the 'real' Oleg.


It's the real Oleg Tinkov, we've (CN Staff) confirmed it.



Jeez. Not that he was one that shied away from controversial remarks, but now that he's leaving soon, I wonder what he has in store next??

It's just Oleg ****Dropping the Microphone**** as he's going out the door....

Who would expect anything less? :lol:

I'm usually a harsh critic of Oleg, but these beauties hit the nail right on the head.

Too bad JV doesn't have the cajones to respond in public. :rolleyes:



I just find it funny that a billionaire would troll in that fashion. No, I am serious, I think it's hilarious. It would be like Mark Cuban going on a LA Lakers forum and making some sarcastic remarks on how pathetic they are, or how they waste their money and resources, under his real name, of course. I don't have a problem with it, personally, I just haven't seen this before. Maybe I just haven't read enough websites/comments!!
BullsFan22
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,807
Joined: 22 Jun 2010 21:19

Re: Re:

01 Nov 2016 01:04

BullsFan22 wrote:
Irondan wrote:Oleg responding to JV in the article CN posted today in the comments section..... Priceless! :lol:

Image

Image

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/jonathan-vaughters-the-worldtour-race-to-the-bottom/



I'd love to be proven wrong, but I highly doubt that's the 'real' Oleg.



Confirmed that is indeed Oleg. He is right you know. JV has been talking this game every year to keep the heat if his own *** before taking a salary and performing below par. And failing to call out Sky.
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,324
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Re:

15 Nov 2016 15:39

thehog wrote:...
Confirmed that is indeed Oleg. He is right you know. JV has been talking this game every year to keep the heat if his own *** before taking a salary and performing below par. And failing to call out Sky.

Thomas Dekker's book is out and it provides details about rampant doping in 2007.
It reminded me of Garmin's/JV's fantasy claim that they all stopped doping in 2006.
Tygart bought it. :rolleyes:
sniper
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,546
Joined: 15 Oct 2010 23:36

16 Jan 2017 18:49

JV riders out training with Armstrong! What the fkkkkk?
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,039
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

Re:

16 Jan 2017 22:51

Benotti69 wrote:JV riders out training with Armstrong! What the fkkkkk?



I like that. Craddock is from Austin and was raised in the Livestrong-Bontrager team. no issue for me.
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,869
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

17 Jan 2017 13:42

I have no issue with riders training with Armstrong - Especially when we consider many of the staff on teams are ex-dopers - Nothing to see here.
yaco
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,056
Joined: 20 Jun 2015 17:57

Re:

17 Jan 2017 13:47

yaco wrote:I have no issue with riders training with Armstrong - Especially when we consider many of the staff on teams are ex-dopers - Nothing to see here.


When we consider most if not all the staff on teams are former dopers or enabled doping, it is extraordinary that anyone would claim that the culture to dope has changed.

But hey JV and others would have us believe that doping is not cool...........
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,039
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

29 Jan 2017 00:08

JV's episode of "Law & Order: SVU" was horrifying. That is all.

Image
Beech Mtn
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,544
Joined: 06 Oct 2009 16:50

31 Jan 2017 10:45

http://www.bicycling.com/racing/doping/are-tour-de-france-racers-cheating-with-secret-motors
“It’s not something I was ever concerned about as a rider or manager,” said Vaughters of the motor rumors.

How exactly, following RvV and PR 2010, could he not have been concerned about motoruse?

And can we infer that Vaughters was not one of the managers who expressed their worries about motors to AFLD's Verdy in 2015?

The motor-omerta from people related to Garmin is strong. I wonder why.
sniper
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,546
Joined: 15 Oct 2010 23:36

27 Feb 2017 21:09

Vaughters still selling snakeoil...........bet when Vaughters is done with the sport he'll rewrite history again. Doping stopped in 2006. The next generation to cool to dope, yada yada.......the guy has made a pretty decent living from doping. Like for many in the sport. Doping pays.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,039
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

01 Mar 2017 19:54

Vaughters silence, from a man dedicating his life to anti-doping, on Sky is telling.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,039
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

Re:

01 Mar 2017 22:26

Benotti69 wrote:Vaughters silence, from a man dedicating his life to anti-doping, on Sky is telling.

understandable, after having gone on the record multiple times saying he thinks they're clean.

Those journos who still tout Vaughters as 'outspoken antidoping' should really take some time to rethink.
sniper
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,546
Joined: 15 Oct 2010 23:36

01 Mar 2017 23:04


A N Other‏ @karlosophical 5h5 hours ago

So when @SirWiggo came 4th (3rd) in 2009 are @Vaughters + @millarmind saying it was pan y agua?
Can anyone in the sport say anything please?

Jonathan Vaughters‏ @Vaughters

@karlosophical Yeah, I think it was. *think* being the key word. Then, he went looking for that last .05% that separates 1st from 4th. Sad.



So in 2009 Vaughters told NYTimes they had an internal testing program. How did that internal system not show that Wiggins transformation from gruppetto to 4th in a GT was doping?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/13/sports/othersports/13cycling.html

Other teams also with 'alleged' internal testing programs? Astana, Saxo, Columbia and Sky. How did that pan out?

Who was running Garmin internal testing program? Don Caitlin. Another clown in sport. The circus rolls on.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,039
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

Re:

02 Mar 2017 02:47

Benotti69 wrote:Vaughters silence, from a man dedicating his life to anti-doping, on Sky is telling.


Vaughters believed his own BS. He actually thought Wiggins was clean. He argued his belief to ex-Postal riders even though they laughed at how obvious Wiggins' doping was. After Wiggins TUEs were revealed, Vaughters made a private mea culpa. Don't expect him to do a public one.

Who knows what JV is thinking these days...other than cashing those big checks from Ellis.
"Their world is crumbling. Ours is being built."
DamianoMachiavelli
Junior Member
 
Posts: 225
Joined: 21 Oct 2015 22:35

Re: Re:

02 Mar 2017 12:27

DamianoMachiavelli wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:Vaughters silence, from a man dedicating his life to anti-doping, on Sky is telling.


Vaughters believed his own BS. He actually thought Wiggins was clean. He argued his belief to ex-Postal riders even though they laughed at how obvious Wiggins' doping was. After Wiggins TUEs were revealed, Vaughters made a private mea culpa. Don't expect him to do a public one.

Who knows what JV is thinking these days...other than cashing those big checks from Ellis.


mea culpa about Wiggins being clean at Garmin or Sky?

In fairness to Vaughters he did say this on twitter : https://twitter.com/Vaughters/status/836991062614896641

If I understand what he said, he still thinks Wiggings was clean at Garmin (but isn't so sure anymore) and then doped at Sky. (wich I think is BS anyway since I don't believe one could finish 4th at 2009 Tour de France clean)
absolutely_not
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Joined: 14 Nov 2013 13:06

Re: Re:

02 Mar 2017 18:52

DamianoMachiavelli wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:Vaughters silence, from a man dedicating his life to anti-doping, on Sky is telling.


Vaughters believed his own BS. He actually thought Wiggins was clean. He argued his belief to ex-Postal riders even though they laughed at how obvious Wiggins' doping was. After Wiggins TUEs were revealed, Vaughters made a private mea culpa. Don't expect him to do a public one.

Who knows what JV is thinking these days...other than cashing those big checks from Ellis.


Vaughters is a total sleeveen.

No way JV stupid enough to think Wiggins can go from the bus to 4th in a GT at age 27. Even his ego doesn't cloud his brain.

The idea that Garmin had internal testing was more JV BS. If anything it was a performance program. I guess he had a core group doping at Garmin and rest were on tight reins or did their own on the side.

I sure as heck don't expect a public mea culpa from Vaughters. His massive u-turn after Danielson's positive showed the true JV.

Open another bottle of red, 'ey JV?
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,039
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Libertine Seguros and 16 guests

Back to top