Register

JV talks, sort of

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: Re:

15 May 2017 14:45

fmk_RoI wrote:
IndianCyclist wrote:Quote in cyclingnews
Formolo has worked hard on his time trialing with new coach Leonardo Piepoli and finished 16th in the 14.5km time trial at Paris-Nice, only two seconds slower than Yates

Piepoli - the same Piepoli who was banned in the Ricco affair???
Piepoli also coaches:

* Fabio Felline (Trek)
* Alberto Bettiol (Cannondale)
* Daniel Moreno (Movistar)
* Andrey Amador (Movistar)

Some pretty impressive results there. Kudos to Piepoli
User avatar Eyeballs Out

Re:

15 May 2017 15:35

Formolo has worked hard on his time trialing with new coach Leonardo Piepoli and finished 16th in the 14.5km time trial at Paris-Nice, only two seconds slower than Yates

Nothing new about this - Been mentioned in different forms of media - The cycling podcast even interviewed Piepoli 3 days ago - It's like you don't follow cycling.
yaco

15 May 2017 15:49

yaco wrote:

Nothing new about this - Been mentioned in different forms of media - The cycling podcast even interviewed Piepoli 3 days ago - It's like you don't follow cycling.

Easy now, there's no reason to escalate this into something that it's not.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

15 May 2017 17:06

yaco wrote:

God, I miss the days when if you talked about doping people would shout at you that it was like you didn't follow cycling, now it's if you don't listen to some podcast or other you're a fake. <sigh>
User avatar fmk_RoI

15 May 2017 17:11

On the issue of some of JV's riders working with a convicted doper like Trullo Volante, I think the cut-off for JV is about 2011 or 2012, that anything before that you could argue mistakes were made yada yada yada it was the culture of the time blah blah blah. So the real test is whether anyone who's popped a positive post 2011/2012 is working with any of his riders...

Remember: JV has never bought into or promoted the ridiculous ZTP hypocrisy.
User avatar fmk_RoI

Re:

15 May 2017 17:45

fmk_RoI wrote:On the issue of some of JV's riders working with a convicted doper like Trullo Volante, I think the cut-off for JV is about 2011 or 2012, that anything before that you could argue mistakes were made yada yada yada it was the culture of the time blah blah blah. So the real test is whether anyone who's popped a positive post 2011/2012 is working with any of his riders...

I seem to remember JV talking about spending big dollars on internal team testing to keep riders on the straight and narrow and i think Don Cailtin was involved.

I also remember he invited Tilford to Denver to check it out.

Then TommyD got popped on USA soil and the myth of a clean team vanished into thin air from whence it came.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

15 May 2017 17:46

I also thought Formolo was an understudy to Basso at some stage on Liquigas.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

02 Jun 2017 15:55

JV looking for more money. Motors and Ketones are expensive it's true.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re:

02 Jun 2017 16:11

Benotti69 wrote:JV looking for more money. Motors and Ketones are expensive it's true.
Ketones aren't illegal, AFAIK, and although motor-pacing can be, cops usually let it slide, and so does the UCI unless someone online sets it to Benny Hill. So not sure what the big deal is, there? I mean JV's always looking to score, a great deal, but that's just who he is.
"Christmas is tomorrow... Let's get in the break." - Matt Hayman, 4/9/16
"What a strange illusion it is to suppose that beauty is goodness." - Tolstoy
User avatar carton

Re:

02 Jun 2017 17:01

Benotti69 wrote:JV looking for more money. Motors and Ketones are expensive it's true.

Hammertime and Velon will save JV and the other teams.

Or not.
Beech Mtn

02 Jun 2017 17:21

Sideburns and bad taste.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

Re:

09 Jun 2017 17:32

Benotti69 wrote:I also thought Formolo was an understudy to Basso at some stage on Liquigas.

Formolo performing badly at the Dauphiné.......does form drop off so quick.....nope.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

11 Jun 2017 20:11

Benotti69 wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:I also thought Formolo was an understudy to Basso at some stage on Liquigas.

Formolo performing badly at the Dauphiné.......does form drop off so quick.....nope.

Thats completely ridiculous, good form can disappear in a day.
User avatar IzzyStradlin

12 Jun 2017 01:26

Benotti69 wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:On the issue of some of JV's riders working with a convicted doper like Trullo Volante, I think the cut-off for JV is about 2011 or 2012, that anything before that you could argue mistakes were made yada yada yada it was the culture of the time blah blah blah. So the real test is whether anyone who's popped a positive post 2011/2012 is working with any of his riders...

I seem to remember JV talking about spending big dollars on internal team testing to keep riders on the straight and narrow and i think Don Cailtin was involved.

Then TommyD got popped on USA soil and the myth of a clean team vanished into thin air from whence it came.

When you can't win a WT race in two years, even convicted doper is a reasonable option as a coach.
User avatar Jancouver

22 Jun 2017 17:48

With UCI caving to ASO's demands for smaller GT squads - down to eight from nine in 2018 and after - I'm really not sure it's the 'meat puppet' JV has to fear.

(Also, UCI has re-iterated its support for relegation, though that is now deferred to 2020.)

JV's 10 Point Plan and the prospect of franchises for life seems like such a long, long time ago.
User avatar fmk_RoI

10 Jul 2017 11:48

Jancouver wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:

When you can't win a WT race in two years, even convicted doper is a reasonable option as a coach.

JV has no problem with doping. JV has a problem with getting caught doping.

His silence on Dekker's book is par for the course for a guy who has allegedly dedicated his life to anti-doping, but then his silence on Danielson tells all we need to know about JV.

I bet JV's lawyers went through Dekkers book. :lol:
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

10 Jul 2017 13:24

Neal Rogers‏ @nealrogers 18 hours ago

After going 2 years without a WorldTour win, Cannondale-Drapac has now taken stages in California, Giro d’Italia, Tour de France

This is because of more testing and the anti-doping tests really work and it is virtually impossible to dope and not get caught!!!!

:lol:

I got some cure all snakeoil from Denver Colorado, anyone want some? :D
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Previous

Return to The Clinic