Register

Hein Verbruggen

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

18 Dec 2013 08:37

But he won't sue Lance.... imagine that ;)
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

"When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?"

"It is better to risk saving a guilty person than to condemn an innocent one."
Franklin

18 Dec 2013 11:02

"I see it as if I am part of some kind of industry now: it's called the Lance Armstrong industry. People are making films now. It's all part of the industry"

Good to know that Heins beginning to realise, especially since he is so concerned about his precious reputation, that he will be immortalised in the kernels of history as a key, key player in the biggest fraud in the history of sports.

That's not even mentioning the rest of his work at the UCI.
User avatar Briant_Gumble

18 Dec 2013 11:13

Briant_Gumble wrote:"I see it as if I am part of some kind of industry now: it's called the Lance Armstrong industry. People are making films now. It's all part of the industry"

Good to know that Heins beginning to realise, especially since he is so concerned about his precious reputation, that he will be immortalised in the kernels of history as a key, key player in the biggest fraud in the history of sports.

That's not even mentioning the rest of his work at the UCI.

I wonder is he worried about his reputation or that his accounts might be ceased for profiting from a fraud?
"ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78.

Jean Dubuffet: "For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity."
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

18 Dec 2013 11:23

In what capacity is he at at the Tour of Oman?......
ShrubberyBlue

18 Dec 2013 12:15

Benotti69 wrote:....
be ceased

de ceased?
seized?
:D
Le breton

18 Dec 2013 12:34

Le breton wrote:de ceased?
seized?
:D

seized and deceased :D:D:D

Jean Dubuffet: "For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity."
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

PhD in Corruption

18 Dec 2013 17:08

The guy is a master strategist that Wonderboy cannot match.

Insisting UCI rules required a prescription, but not a backdated one,

He's knows his rules and his actions are protected by them.

But, then this happens:
Explaining his investment with Thomas Weisel’s firm, the Dutchman produced bank records and other documents showing he lost money on the venture and insisted he had no knowledge of Weisel’s involvement with Armstrong’s team when the investment was made on his behalf.

Loses money on a scheme at Weisel's firm yet, somehow has no knowledge of Weisel's involvement in cycling.. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to more! C'mon Wonderboy, fight Hein's lies!
User avatar DirtyWorks
Veteran

18 Dec 2013 18:35

Hein: ""You will never, ever find any cover-up in the UCI while I was president, and I'm sure afterwards neither."

Haha omg cycling is like a TV soap/drama that just keeps giving. Anytime I feel down I just check up on some cycling news and I'm all smiling again :D
webbie146

18 Dec 2013 22:00

DirtyWorks wrote:The guy is a master strategist that Wonderboy cannot match.

Meh, for those nice millions he sure gets a lot of public backlash for quite a few years now. If he was a really fantastic strategist he would have gotten away with it without all the trouble he is in now. I don't think a guy like hein can handle being so synonimous with fraud. All his buddies will distance him, no nice jobs going his way... going to be lonely last years.

Wonderboy will have the advantage of time by his side. in 20 years we will have forgiven him. In 20 years Hein probably ain't around anymore.

Hein is no master strategist... he's a bully without morals, otherwise you don't end up in the chair (same for FIFA, FIA, IOC etc.). Not much strategizing besides collecting support from small countries and grab all the cash you can as long as it lasts.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

"When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?"

"It is better to risk saving a guilty person than to condemn an innocent one."
Franklin

19 Dec 2013 13:47

• Produced documentary evidence aimed at showing there was no positive test

Has this been the only time? Why didn't he do this before?
Check out my Facebook page devoted to the release(hopefully)of a 30th anniversary edition of American Flyers re-release on dvd. "Like" and comment on it if you will.:D
User avatar 86TDFWinner

19 Dec 2013 14:14

86TDFWinner wrote:Has this been the only time? Why didn't he do this before?

If no positive test had occured, what was the need of a backdated TUE ?
Never feed a troll
User avatar poupou

19 Dec 2013 14:28

poupou wrote:If no positive test had occured, what was the need of a backdated TUE ?

Wasn't the narrative that; the lab reported to the UCI a 'problem', the UCI saw it was a sample from mono-ball, & Hein spoke to him & between them cooked up the TUE.

Hence there was never a Positive test, because the UCI just got back to the lab & said, 'Ah, it's okay, that sample came from someone with a TUE'
keeponrollin

BBC today

21 Dec 2013 13:41

Nothing much new but here is the BBC interview
with Hein Verbruggen
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cycling/25439304
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

"Retired" Hein Verbruggen Interview

02 Apr 2014 19:44

Long interview with Hein. Very good stuff to get an idea of the UCI's world view and what Cookson is most likely working on. Let's make money like Ecclestone!

http://theouterline.com/?p=527

He's showing his hand though, because the revenues he discusses never seemed to end up in the UCI's revenue.
User avatar DirtyWorks
Veteran

02 Apr 2014 20:38

DirtyWorks wrote:Long interview with Hein. Very good stuff to get an idea of the UCI's world view and what Cookson is most likely working on. Let's make money like Ecclestone!

http://theouterline.com/?p=527

He's showing his hand though, because the revenues he discusses never seemed to end up in the UCI's revenue.

UCI will never make money of F1 levels. The teams in F1 have huge corporations backing, pushing and financing their products.

Cycling would be better off building club brands, similar to football.

User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

02 Apr 2014 20:45

DirtyWorks wrote:Long interview with Hein. Very good stuff to get an idea of the UCI's world view and what Cookson is most likely working on. Let's make money like Ecclestone!

Eccles style in cycling would be to dope everyone to the same w/kg hoping the racing becomes more entertaining (and revenue generating) - only to realize that his stupid rules turned racing into borefest (so he'll try to improve it by compulsory pit stops in the middle of each stage to change the chain and glue new tyres)
doperhopper

02 Apr 2014 21:06

doperhopper wrote:Eccles style in cycling would be to dope everyone to the same w/kg hoping the racing becomes more entertaining (and revenue generating) - only to realize that his stupid rules turned racing into borefest (so he'll try to improve it by compulsory pit stops in the middle of each stage to change the chain and glue new tyres)

The TdF (and others) would be based in other countries who bid the most - TdF in the Urals anyone?
Justinr

14 Jun 2017 12:49

RIP to one of the most infamous characters in pro cycling history....
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

14 Jun 2017 12:51

Yeah, one doesn't want to speak ill of the dead so that's probably the best way of putting it...
webvan

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic