Log in:  

Register

Richie Porte - what do we know about him?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: Re:

21 Jan 2017 18:45

jens_attacks wrote:
Cookster15 wrote:Why so much chat about Richie here rather than in his thread in PRR? Why so much chat about AC in PRR, yet virtually none in the clinic recently? This exposes the double standards of the forum police, they have their favourite riders and they shall decide what gets said about who. I think the science proves over 7 minute climbs Porte's performances at the TDU are not extra terrestrial.


Contador did just over 7 w/kg on his beloved malhao, 7 min effort.

Porte probably above 8 on willunga.

Again, it's unprecedented.


Okay. So this means riders like Chaves, Haas, Ulissi or even Nathan Earle who finished within 23 seconds of Porte on Willunga so are also well over 7w/Kg so they must be equally suspect no?
Cookster15
Member
 
Posts: 970
Joined: 14 May 2011 19:25

Re: Re:

21 Jan 2017 20:22

Cookster15 wrote:
jens_attacks wrote:
Cookster15 wrote:Why so much chat about Richie here rather than in his thread in PRR? Why so much chat about AC in PRR, yet virtually none in the clinic recently? This exposes the double standards of the forum police, they have their favourite riders and they shall decide what gets said about who. I think the science proves over 7 minute climbs Porte's performances at the TDU are not extra terrestrial.


Contador did just over 7 w/kg on his beloved malhao, 7 min effort.

Porte probably above 8 on willunga.

Again, it's unprecedented.


Okay. So this means riders like Chaves, Haas, Ulissi or even Nathan Earle who finished within 23 seconds of Porte on Willunga so are also well over 7w/Kg so they must be equally suspect no?

Porte opened a 20 second gap in just over a kilometre, the suspicion is justified.
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,497
Joined: 23 May 2009 04:43
Location: Brisbane, Aus

Re:

21 Jan 2017 20:27

Cookster15 wrote:Why so much chat about Richie here rather than in his thread in PRR? Why so much chat about AC in PRR, yet virtually none in the clinic recently? This exposes the double standards of the forum police, they have their favourite riders and they shall decide what gets said about who. I think the science proves over 7 minute climbs Porte's performances at the TDU are not extra terrestrial.

Because Richie just turned in a ridiculous performance yesterday and Contador won't be racing for at least 6-8 weeks? There actually is a lot of Porte discussion in the Australian Racing thread, as well as the Porte thread.

Maybe BikeRadar is more your thing?
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,497
Joined: 23 May 2009 04:43
Location: Brisbane, Aus

Re: Re:

21 Jan 2017 21:27

42x16ss wrote:
Cookster15 wrote:Why so much chat about Richie here rather than in his thread in PRR? Why so much chat about AC in PRR, yet virtually none in the clinic recently? This exposes the double standards of the forum police, they have their favourite riders and they shall decide what gets said about who. I think the science proves over 7 minute climbs Porte's performances at the TDU are not extra terrestrial.

Because Richie just turned in a ridiculous performance yesterday and Contador won't be racing for at least 6-8 weeks? There actually is a lot of Porte discussion in the Australian Racing thread, as well as the Porte thread.

Maybe BikeRadar is more your thing?


No, there is never a lot of discussion about AC doping e.g. a special doping thread dedictated to him because that is acceptable. But it is not acceptable for LRP. to dope and win I thought my point was rather obvious? What is Bikeradar?
Cookster15
Member
 
Posts: 970
Joined: 14 May 2011 19:25

21 Jan 2017 21:35

By the way. opening a 20 second gap to non suspect riders like those that finished 20secs back in just over a kilometre is an anaerobic effort. Doping? Maybe. Worse than anyone else? Nope.You follow professional road racing. Accept it. He attacked. He won. Good for him.
Cookster15
Member
 
Posts: 970
Joined: 14 May 2011 19:25

Re:

21 Jan 2017 22:02

Cookster15 wrote:By the way. opening a 20 second gap to non suspect riders like those that finished 20secs back in just over a kilometre is an anaerobic effort. Doping? Maybe. Worse than anyone else? Nope.You follow professional road racing. Accept it. He attacked. He won. Good for him.

I do accept it. A doper beat some other likely dopers.

Porte is in excellent form and I doubt it's unreasonable to expect that he did what pros do to get there.
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,497
Joined: 23 May 2009 04:43
Location: Brisbane, Aus

Re: Re:

21 Jan 2017 22:06

Cookster15 wrote:
42x16ss wrote:
Cookster15 wrote:Why so much chat about Richie here rather than in his thread in PRR? Why so much chat about AC in PRR, yet virtually none in the clinic recently? This exposes the double standards of the forum police, they have their favourite riders and they shall decide what gets said about who. I think the science proves over 7 minute climbs Porte's performances at the TDU are not extra terrestrial.

Because Richie just turned in a ridiculous performance yesterday and Contador won't be racing for at least 6-8 weeks? There actually is a lot of Porte discussion in the Australian Racing thread, as well as the Porte thread.

Maybe BikeRadar is more your thing?


No, there is never a lot of discussion about AC doping e.g. a special doping thread dedictated to him because that is acceptable. But it is not acceptable for LRP. to dope and win I thought my point was rather obvious? What is Bikeradar?

Probably because everything that could be said about AC was said in 2009 after Verbier. The threads still exist, a quick search will bring them up.

I'm sure you don't know what the bikeradar forums are :lol:
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,497
Joined: 23 May 2009 04:43
Location: Brisbane, Aus

Re: Re:

21 Jan 2017 22:39

thehog wrote:
jens_attacks wrote:So what is the w/kg limit for an 8 min climb effort? If there is one.


8.2w/kg but that was only for 7 minutes. Doesn't tell you a lot except he produced a lot of power for a guy that doesn't weight that much. Again it was for a short period of time.


Who calculated 8.2 for LRP? I have it at about 7.35 w/kg, that correlates with McCarthy's actual 7.17 w/kg finishing 20 seconds back.
Night Rider
Member
 
Posts: 554
Joined: 20 Jan 2010 22:35

Re: Re:

21 Jan 2017 22:43

Cookster15 wrote:
42x16ss wrote:
Cookster15 wrote:Why so much chat about Richie here rather than in his thread in PRR? Why so much chat about AC in PRR, yet virtually none in the clinic recently? This exposes the double standards of the forum police, they have their favourite riders and they shall decide what gets said about who. I think the science proves over 7 minute climbs Porte's performances at the TDU are not extra terrestrial.

Because Richie just turned in a ridiculous performance yesterday and Contador won't be racing for at least 6-8 weeks? There actually is a lot of Porte discussion in the Australian Racing thread, as well as the Porte thread.

Maybe BikeRadar is more your thing?


No, there is never a lot of discussion about AC doping e.g. a special doping thread dedictated to him because that is acceptable. But it is not acceptable for LRP. to dope and win I thought my point was rather obvious? What is Bikeradar?


Most Contador fans accept he dopes, I think the LRP and Froomey fans are yet to connect the dots.
Night Rider
Member
 
Posts: 554
Joined: 20 Jan 2010 22:35

Re: Re:

22 Jan 2017 00:03

Night Rider wrote:
Cookster15 wrote:
42x16ss wrote:
Cookster15 wrote:Why so much chat about Richie here rather than in his thread in PRR? Why so much chat about AC in PRR, yet virtually none in the clinic recently? This exposes the double standards of the forum police, they have their favourite riders and they shall decide what gets said about who. I think the science proves over 7 minute climbs Porte's performances at the TDU are not extra terrestrial.

Because Richie just turned in a ridiculous performance yesterday and Contador won't be racing for at least 6-8 weeks? There actually is a lot of Porte discussion in the Australian Racing thread, as well as the Porte thread.

Maybe BikeRadar is more your thing?


No, there is never a lot of discussion about AC doping e.g. a special doping thread dedictated to him because that is acceptable. But it is not acceptable for LRP. to dope and win I thought my point was rather obvious? What is Bikeradar?


Most Contador fans accept he dopes, I think the LRP and Froomey fans are yet to connect the dots.


I know. but ffs ask yourself the question. why do clinic members care so much what some fans accept or dont accept?

does it make the fact that Alberto Foome Porte are doping, different?

that´s the question that comes up so often. why people want to "open the eyes" to other people

as long as me and you understand, it is all fine.

it´s not a religion, you dont have to make people believe or not believe in something.

the Albero thread has less clicks because his fans accept he is doping?

is it not DOPING the problem, or what some fans on the clinic think?
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,930
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

Re: Re:

22 Jan 2017 01:54

pastronef wrote:
Night Rider wrote:
Cookster15 wrote:
42x16ss wrote:
Cookster15 wrote:Why so much chat about Richie here rather than in his thread in PRR? Why so much chat about AC in PRR, yet virtually none in the clinic recently? This exposes the double standards of the forum police, they have their favourite riders and they shall decide what gets said about who. I think the science proves over 7 minute climbs Porte's performances at the TDU are not extra terrestrial.

Because Richie just turned in a ridiculous performance yesterday and Contador won't be racing for at least 6-8 weeks? There actually is a lot of Porte discussion in the Australian Racing thread, as well as the Porte thread.

Maybe BikeRadar is more your thing?


No, there is never a lot of discussion about AC doping e.g. a special doping thread dedictated to him because that is acceptable. But it is not acceptable for LRP. to dope and win I thought my point was rather obvious? What is Bikeradar?


Most Contador fans accept he dopes, I think the LRP and Froomey fans are yet to connect the dots.


I know. but ffs ask yourself the question. why do clinic members care so much what some fans accept or dont accept?

does it make the fact that Alberto Foome Porte are doping, different?

that´s the question that comes up so often. why people want to "open the eyes" to other people

as long as me and you understand, it is all fine.

it´s not a religion, you dont have to make people believe or not believe in something.

the Albero thread has less clicks because his fans accept he is doping?

is it not DOPING the problem, or what some fans on the clinic think?

The Empire crew's need to believe and convince the rest their heroes are cleans are what draws the conversation out and you know it. You've posted here for a few years now, seen it first hand and even acknowledged that it happens.
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,497
Joined: 23 May 2009 04:43
Location: Brisbane, Aus

Re: Re:

22 Jan 2017 02:12

pastronef wrote:
Night Rider wrote:
Cookster15 wrote:
42x16ss wrote:
Cookster15 wrote:Why so much chat about Richie here rather than in his thread in PRR? Why so much chat about AC in PRR, yet virtually none in the clinic recently? This exposes the double standards of the forum police, they have their favourite riders and they shall decide what gets said about who. I think the science proves over 7 minute climbs Porte's performances at the TDU are not extra terrestrial.

Because Richie just turned in a ridiculous performance yesterday and Contador won't be racing for at least 6-8 weeks? There actually is a lot of Porte discussion in the Australian Racing thread, as well as the Porte thread.

Maybe BikeRadar is more your thing?


No, there is never a lot of discussion about AC doping e.g. a special doping thread dedictated to him because that is acceptable. But it is not acceptable for LRP. to dope and win I thought my point was rather obvious? What is Bikeradar?


Most Contador fans accept he dopes, I think the LRP and Froomey fans are yet to connect the dots.


I know. but ffs ask yourself the question. why do clinic members care so much what some fans accept or dont accept?

does it make the fact that Alberto Foome Porte are doping, different?

that´s the question that comes up so often. why people want to "open the eyes" to other people

as long as me and you understand, it is all fine.

it´s not a religion, you dont have to make people believe or not believe in something.

the Albero thread has less clicks because his fans accept he is doping?

is it not DOPING the problem, or what some fans on the clinic think?


On the bolded part first. That's the whole reason the clinic was created, some fans saying Armstrong doped, and others arguing he wasn't. It took over the racing threads to such an extent that the clinic had to be created. The clinic is the place to argue about doping, and doping suspicions.

On the last part, yes exactly. The Alberto threads have less clicks because there is less argument. The biggest threads here were always where the biggest arguments are. It's human nature.

My own post or reply was to someone who came in with the reverse situation though, wanting fans to talk less about one rider in the PRR and more of another, then a mod conspiracy about doping conversations. I just pointed out why there is less doping conversation about Contador, I don't have any desire though to keep coming back and convincing him Porte will be doping. Just look at how the Evans thread is going to see the results of people trying to do that.
Night Rider
Member
 
Posts: 554
Joined: 20 Jan 2010 22:35

Re: Richie Porte - what do we know about him?

11 Mar 2017 16:55

The LRP thread needs a bump. Hopefully he can help Froome win the Tour this year :surprised:
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,412
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Richie Porte - what do we know about him?

11 Mar 2017 17:03

thehog wrote:The LRP thread needs a bump. Hopefully he can help Froome win the Tour this year :surprised:

I'm a little surprised that no one has anything to say about him lately, today he won a stage in PN and a couple days ago he lost giant chunks of time yet nobody noticed it seems (except for you hoggy).

Maybe the clinic thinks he's a clean rider? :D
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 7,193
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Richie Porte - what do we know about him?

11 Mar 2017 17:54

Irondan wrote:
thehog wrote:The LRP thread needs a bump. Hopefully he can help Froome win the Tour this year :surprised:

I'm a little surprised that no one has anything to say about him lately, today he won a stage in PN and a couple days ago he lost giant chunks of time yet nobody noticed it seems (except for you hoggy).

Maybe the clinic thinks he's a clean rider? :D


no Dan, the Clinic 12 does not think LRP is clean. <eyesroll> innit
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran
 
Posts: 12,232
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 19:20

Re: Richie Porte - what do we know about him?

11 Mar 2017 18:50

blackcat wrote:
Irondan wrote:
thehog wrote:The LRP thread needs a bump. Hopefully he can help Froome win the Tour this year :surprised:

I'm a little surprised that no one has anything to say about him lately, today he won a stage in PN and a couple days ago he lost giant chunks of time yet nobody noticed it seems (except for you hoggy).

Maybe the clinic thinks he's a clean rider? :D


no Dan, the Clinic 12 does not think LRP is clean. <eyesroll> innit

I didn't think so... :D
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 7,193
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

11 Mar 2017 19:14

Not that I think he was clean, but he was adrift 14 minutes and saving up for today. Being let off the leash with a surplus of oomph by the big boys is opportunity, but yeah LRP is a dirty little dawg.
The poster formerly known as yespatterns.
User avatar GraftPunk
Member
 
Posts: 522
Joined: 21 Feb 2017 21:15
Location: High Desert Steppe

Re:

11 Mar 2017 20:11

GraftPunk wrote:Not that I think he was clean, but he was adrift 14 minutes and saving up for today. Being let off the leash with a surplus of oomph by the big boys is opportunity, but yeah LRP is a dirty little dawg.


Yep, but LRP is no less clean than anyone else who is riding for Grand Tour Podiums. So when we celebrate Froome, Quintana, Contador or Nibali, we can also celebrate LRP if he can hold it together and stay on his bike for 3 weeks. The other point I find interesting about Porte at BMC is he has continued to develop after leaving Sky's marginal gains umbrella.
Cookster15
Member
 
Posts: 970
Joined: 14 May 2011 19:25

Re: Re:

11 Mar 2017 20:16

Cookster15 wrote:
GraftPunk wrote:Not that I think he was clean, but he was adrift 14 minutes and saving up for today. Being let off the leash with a surplus of oomph by the big boys is opportunity, but yeah LRP is a dirty little dawg.


Yep, but LRP is no less clean than anyone else who is riding for Grand Tour Podiums. So when we celebrate Froome, Quintana, Contador or Nibali, we can also celebrate LRP if he can hold it together and stay on his bike for 3 weeks. The other point I find interesting about Porte at BMC is he has continued to develop after leaving Sky's marginal gains umbrella.



Reference point; see Tyler Hamilton.

If he threatens Froome for the Tour, Michelle will call Brian and have a bio flag issued. That should bring him back to regular LRP.
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,412
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Re:

11 Mar 2017 20:19

thehog wrote:
Cookster15 wrote:
GraftPunk wrote:Not that I think he was clean, but he was adrift 14 minutes and saving up for today. Being let off the leash with a surplus of oomph by the big boys is opportunity, but yeah LRP is a dirty little dawg.


Yep, but LRP is no less clean than anyone else who is riding for Grand Tour Podiums. So when we celebrate Froome, Quintana, Contador or Nibali, we can also celebrate LRP if he can hold it together and stay on his bike for 3 weeks. The other point I find interesting about Porte at BMC is he has continued to develop after leaving Sky's marginal gains umbrella.



Reference point; see Tyler Hamilton.

If he threatens Froome for the Tour, Michelle will call Brian and have a bio flag issued. That should bring him back to regular LRP.


That's what happens when he has his normal bad day and loses time, poor LRP!!!
User avatar BYOP88
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,762
Joined: 26 May 2009 17:12

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Back to top