Register

Richie Porte - what do we know about him?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: peloton, Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Tonton, Pricey_sky

12 Mar 2017 04:05

LRP was going hard for the stage win the day before, he wasn't saving sh*t.

6.3 w/kg for 41 minutes. not normal.
User avatar zlev11

Re: Re:

12 Mar 2017 04:18

thehog wrote:
Cookster15 wrote:
GraftPunk wrote:Not that I think he was clean, but he was adrift 14 minutes and saving up for today. Being let off the leash with a surplus of oomph by the big boys is opportunity, but yeah LRP is a dirty little dawg.

Yep, but LRP is no less clean than anyone else who is riding for Grand Tour Podiums. So when we celebrate Froome, Quintana, Contador or Nibali, we can also celebrate LRP if he can hold it together and stay on his bike for 3 weeks. The other point I find interesting about Porte at BMC is he has continued to develop after leaving Sky's marginal gains umbrella.

Reference point; see Tyler Hamilton.

If he threatens Froome for the Tour, Michelle will call Brian and have a bio flag issued. That should bring him back to regular LRP.

Painting either Froome or his family as that of Armstrong is despicable.
You seem to forget that they great mates.
SeriousSam wrote: Peña Cabarga is like Froome's Mount Doom, the place where his great power was forged into fearsome weapon. He was never going to lose here
User avatar silvergrenade

Re:

12 Mar 2017 10:13

zlev11 wrote:LRP was going hard for the stage win the day before, he wasn't saving sh*t.

6.3 w/kg for 41 minutes. not normal.

#NOTnormal
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

Re:

12 Mar 2017 10:35

GraftPunk wrote:Not that I think he was clean, but he was adrift 14 minutes and saving up for today. Being let off the leash with a surplus of oomph by the big boys is opportunity, but yeah LRP is a dirty little dawg.

How exactly was he saving himself after he lost time and his GC was over? He was the fastest uphill in the ITT, mostly losing time in the corners before that; he went from the bottom of the mur de Fayence; and yesterday, he was just simply the strongest.

It will be interesting to see for how long he can continue to fly. I see he won't do Catalunya, but I think he'll do either Itzulia or Romandïe (or both).
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

12 Mar 2017 12:56

Netserk wrote:

How exactly was he saving himself after he lost time and his GC was over? He was the fastest uphill in the ITT, mostly losing time in the corners before that; he went from the bottom of the mur de Fayence; and yesterday, he was just simply the strongest.

It will be interesting to see for how long he can continue to fly. I see he won't do Catalunya, but I think he'll do either Itzulia or Romandïe (or both).

I agree. I think he's peaked with a tdf level peak too early.
Does he have another level? Or does he peak down and peak again? Would peak be better or worse?
Time will tell
SeriousSam wrote: Peña Cabarga is like Froome's Mount Doom, the place where his great power was forged into fearsome weapon. He was never going to lose here
User avatar silvergrenade

13 Mar 2017 22:20

silvergrenade wrote:
Netserk wrote:

Does he have another level? Or does he peak down and peak again? Would peak be better or worse?
Time will tell

#LRP can fly,
he has no ceiling
#porcine
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

Re:

21 Mar 2017 01:48

silvergrenade wrote:
Netserk wrote:

Time will tell

My guess is that LRP is targeting TDU through to Paris-Nice, break, then build and race the 1 week races as a lead in to the TDF
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

Previous

Return to The Clinic