Register

Evans and his meeting with Ferrari?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Evans and his meeting with Ferrari?

22 Oct 2012 02:53

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/news/40401/doping-never-discussed-with-ferrari-says-evans

Anthony Tan, you banned me from twitter when I called you out on wilful ignorance of doping. And you are now jumping on a bandwagon, like Klaus Muller. What a joke.

Linda Pierce the cycling beat journo fom The Age (before Sam Lane, talking 2003ish-2010ish) knew of Evans and Ferrari link. CyclingHeroes the dutch journo, had the words from Evans at a Telekom training camp. Anthony Tan is about 10 years late. And you would never have had the integrity to go with it. What is Rob Arnold saying

AusCyclingFan94 ball is in your court.

someone ask Thomas Frei off the record
http://www.thomas-frei.ch
twitter @thomasfrei
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

09 Oct 2014 08:08

Evans is gonna get a heroic reception at the Tour Down Under.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/evans-to-be-feted-at-2015-tour-down-under

Cycling's hypocricy summed up for you.
sniper
Veteran

09 Oct 2014 08:13

blackcat wrote:http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/news/40401/doping-never-discussed-with-ferrari-says-evans

Anthony Tan, you banned me from twitter when I called you out on wilful ignorance of doping. And you are now jumping on a bandwagon, like Klaus Muller. What a joke.

Willing to be proven wrong, but from the very few posts and most of the headlines I have read, Tan writes troll articles purely as click bait.
Letters to and from the pro peloton. twitter | blog
User avatar Dear Wiggo
Veteran

09 Oct 2014 10:39

Dear Wiggo wrote:Willing to be proven wrong, but from the very few posts and most of the headlines I have read, Tan writes troll articles purely as click bait.

nah, Tanman has panache
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

09 Oct 2014 10:43

sniper wrote:Evans is gonna get a heroic reception at the Tour Down Under.

Not sure where the hypocrisy is here?

Home town hero gets celebrated in his final races? Seems normal to me.
thrawn

09 Oct 2014 10:44

sniper wrote:Evans is gonna get a heroic reception at the Tour Down Under.

watch GreenEdge work for him at Nationals and at TDU in Jan, and Turtur doing everything in his power at this late stage to make him the winner. If Orica are working for him at both races, and BMC, and Tim Roe, and some other ring ins, no way he will lose nationals, and there is a chance folks can beat him at TDU, but still odds on.
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

09 Oct 2014 10:48

thrawn wrote:Not sure where the hypocrisy is here?

Home town hero gets celebrated in his final races? Seems normal to me.
exactly.
it's a thin line between hero and villain.
this guy raced all through the dark era, did what everybody else did, only without getting caught.
sniper
Veteran

09 Oct 2014 10:53

sniper wrote:exactly.
this guy raced all through the dark era, did what everybody else did, only without getting caught.

expressed fealty to Armstrong when Armstrong returned, albeit, unlike Wigans, he did not say "I love him, he has been so good and done so much for cycling"

not exactly sentiment expressed if one thinks they got cheated
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

09 Oct 2014 13:37

blackcat wrote:nah, Tanman has panache

did you watch any SBS coverage where tan sits on the couch and looks as comfortable as a frog in a saucepan of boiling water?

panache my left hairy big toe.
Letters to and from the pro peloton. twitter | blog
User avatar Dear Wiggo
Veteran

09 Oct 2014 13:46

Dear Wiggo wrote:did you watch any SBS coverage where tan sits on the couch and looks as comfortable as a frog in a saucepan of boiling water?

panache my left hairy big toe.

facetious. he always used to say panache every second phrase when talking about Andy Schleck during the Tour in about 2011 when Toma roped him in to the post wrap coverage at the finishing media

he looks as lifelike as one of tinkov's babushka doll

though he likes wearing garish colours especially the blue velvet blazer. the best link was to an interview with Cav in about 2011 at TDU when Cav treated him with manifest contempt. laffs a minute
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

09 Oct 2014 13:57

sniper wrote:exactly.

Did he? have their ever been any positives or not proving either way? I'd like to think Cadel is/was clean, but we just don't know, do we?
Check out my Facebook page devoted to the release(hopefully)of a 30th anniversary edition of American Flyers re-release on dvd. "Like" and comment on it if you will.:D
User avatar 86TDFWinner

09 Oct 2014 13:59

Dear Wiggo wrote:Willing to be proven wrong, but from the very few posts and most of the headlines I have read, Tan writes troll articles purely as click bait.

........This

Tan's act is tired. It is hard to take him seriously.
User avatar Race Radio
Veteran

09 Oct 2014 14:09

86TDFWinner wrote:Did he? have their ever been any positives or not proving either way? I'd like to think Cadel is/was clean, but we just don't know, do we?

ask Thomas Frei and Rene Schuijlenburg and Bolts
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

09 Oct 2014 14:09

Race Radio wrote:........This

Tan's act is tired. It is hard to take him seriously.

no one did

ever
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

09 Oct 2014 14:22

blackcat wrote:no one did

ever

That's not fair. I'm sure his mother does.
thrawn

09 Oct 2014 14:31

blackcat wrote:ask Thomas Frei and Rene Schuijlenburg and Bolts

So you don't know either?
Check out my Facebook page devoted to the release(hopefully)of a 30th anniversary edition of American Flyers re-release on dvd. "Like" and comment on it if you will.:D
User avatar 86TDFWinner

09 Oct 2014 14:34

blackcat wrote:no one did

ever

Ha!, True:D
User avatar Race Radio
Veteran

09 Oct 2014 16:35

86TDFWinner wrote:Did he? have their ever been any positives or not proving either way? I'd like to think Cadel is/was clean, but we just don't know, do we?

No way Evans rode clean, no way!
"ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78.

Jean Dubuffet: "For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity."
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

11 Oct 2014 10:52

Benotti69 wrote:No way Evans rode clean, no way!

I just checked in and saw this thread and came to be enlightened about Evans. And yet as far as I can tell it turns out is the same tired old connection to his test with Ferrari - or something Anthony Tan said :confused:. There was also the Cadel Evans a clean champion thread. You guys had your chance to come up with something concrete and yet all I read is innuendo, hearsay and conjecture. Sorry but not convincing.

I'm not saying Cadel was clean - I dropped in hoping to see something new. But you've got to come up with something better than "no way no way" - that just sounds like you can't accept he might be. Frankly the 'evidence' is still rather unimpressive upon closer inspection. A case for him being clean (or cleaner) can be made based upon his performances relative to known dopers since 2005.

Why do I still think this? Because from all I have read Oxygen vector doping boosts aerobic threshold power between 5 and 15% - not 30 or 40%. There is room for overlap between gifted talent and less gifted dopers.

As 86TDFWinner says - I too would like to think Cadel is/was clean, but we still don't know, do we.
Cookster15

11 Oct 2014 12:12

Cookster15 wrote:I just checked in and saw this thread and came to be enlightened about Evans. And yet as far as I can tell it turns out is the same tired old connection to his test with Ferrari - or something Anthony Tan said :confused:. There was also the Cadel Evans a clean champion thread. You guys had your chance to come up with something concrete and yet all I read is innuendo, hearsay and conjecture. Sorry but not convincing.

I'm not saying Cadel was clean - I dropped in hoping to see something new. But you've got to come up with something better than "no way no way" - that just sounds like you can't accept he might be. Frankly the 'evidence' is still rather unimpressive upon closer inspection. A case for him being clean (or cleaner) can be made based upon his performances relative to known dopers since 2005.

Why do I still think this? Because from all I have read Oxygen vector doping boosts aerobic threshold power between 5 and 15% - not 30 or 40%. There is room for overlap between gifted talent and less gifted dopers.

As 86TDFWinner says - I too would like to think Cadel is/was clean, but we still don't know, do we.

We do know - because Cadel would need to have been 5-10% a better rider than Contador Rasmussen et al, in a sport where the top 100 are usually within 1-2% of each other.

Common sense.
Doping died with Lance.
Digger

Next

Return to The Clinic