Register

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

31 Dec 2017 16:06

thehog wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:Walsh in today's ST:

- Questions ethics of Froome asking for Giro appearance fee with AAF hanging over his head
- Questions why Cookson asked for Sky's reputation to be restored when he knew about Froome's AAF

Keep up, David! Re-hashing old news not exactly groundbreaking journalism...

Walsh also said that it was Brailsford who negotiated the Giro appearance fee, which suggests everyone knew rhe postive was going away via the normal channels.

Yep those pesky Brits knew Lizzie's little problem was going to go away as well - as you were!
Wiggo's Package

31 Dec 2017 17:15

Wiggo's Package wrote:
thehog wrote:

- Questions ethics of Froome asking for Giro appearance fee with AAF hanging over his head
- Questions why Cookson asked for Sky's reputation to be restored when he knew about Froome's AAF

Walsh also said that it was Brailsford who negotiated the Giro appearance fee, which suggests everyone knew rhe postive was going away via the normal channels.

Yep those pesky Brits knew Lizzie's little problem was going to go away as well - as you were!

Brian Cookson restoring cycling credibility one exoneration at a time :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

31 Dec 2017 17:21

thehog wrote:

the "normal channels". Awesome!
User avatar veganrob

31 Dec 2017 18:10

Is this the first time Brailsford negotiated an appearance fee?
If so the whistle blower might have been motivated
by their objection to such blatant cashing in.
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

31 Dec 2017 21:38

thehog wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:
thehog wrote:

Brian Cookson restoring cycling credibility one exoneration at a time :cool:

This car crash is soundbite central :D
Wiggo's Package

Re:

01 Jan 2018 18:33

TourOfSardinia wrote:Is this the first time Brailsford negotiated an appearance fee?

It’s disappointment that Walsh is still having trouble joining the dots on all of this. From Cookson, to Brailsford to Reedie. Walsh has the ability to bust open a story of corruption like no other but he is too old and decrepit to see it.

I think since the flush out of Cookson’s henchmen, Gibbs, Barfield etc. allowed for a leak to be very easily done. I think Lappirent has to get it into the public domain otherwise he could be accused of a cover up.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

01 Jan 2018 18:56

What a strange request - Once Walsh embedded himself into Team Sky, he shredded his journalistic credibility.
yaco

01 Jan 2018 19:58

thehog wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:Is this the first time Brailsford negotiated an appearance fee?

It’s disappointment that Walsh is still having trouble joining the dots on all of this. From Cookson, to Brailsford to Reedie. Walsh has the ability to bust open a story of corruption like no other but he is too old and decrepit to sele it.

I think since the flush out of Cookson’s henchmen, Gibbs, Barfield etc. allowed for a leak to be very easily done. I think Lappirent has to get it into the public domain otherwise he could be accused of a cover up.

He's not having trouble connecting the dots, he's actively and consciously obfuscating the issues in service of team Sky. He is running point on their PR strategy in this case.

It's just not believable that anyone who's been around the sport as long as he has is this ignorant.
User avatar red_flanders
Veteran

02 Jan 2018 02:50

red_flanders wrote:
thehog wrote:

It’s disappointment that Walsh is still having trouble joining the dots on all of this. From Cookson, to Brailsford to Reedie. Walsh has the ability to bust open a story of corruption like no other but he is too old and decrepit to sele it.

He's not having trouble connecting the dots, he's actively and consciously obfuscating the issues in service of team Sky. He is running point on their PR strategy in this case.

It's just not believable that anyone who's been around the sport as long as he has is this ignorant.

I'm surprised. I thought he'd turn on Sky like any decent journalist would.

There have to be constraints making loyalty more profitable than journalism.

Of course, he could be saving it all for the expose book he is writing...
User avatar MarkvW
Veteran

02 Jan 2018 04:20

MarkvW wrote:
red_flanders wrote:
thehog wrote:

I'm surprised. I thought he'd turn on Sky like any decent journalist would.

There have to be constraints making loyalty more profitable than journalism.

Of course, he could be saving it all for the expose book he is writing...

I'm with you, I thought he'd turn on them. Seems clear that's not the case. He seems committed to this point. He is not a decent journalist and clearly hasn't been for a while. He's a salesman.
User avatar red_flanders
Veteran

Previous

Return to The Clinic