Register

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

12 Jan 2013 21:08

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/10-questions-walsh-would-ask-lance-armstrong

Striking: not a word from Walsh on UCI donations.
Is he on the Sky (and thus UCI) boat?
sniper
Veteran

12 Jan 2013 21:10

Not sure I'd draw that conclusion.

I think most of us would miss something out given "only" 10 questions.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10
Veteran

12 Jan 2013 21:11

Walsh bootlegging in prohibition timez?

what the?
"It's a bit like the whole chimp thing," Sir Bradley Wigans
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

12 Jan 2013 21:13

will10 wrote:Originally Posted by Bill Stapleton
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out?

for Nike read Asics for Subaru read Nissan for Coke read FRS r u tired of being lied
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

12 Jan 2013 21:15

blackcat wrote:for Nike read Asics for Subaru read Nissan for Coke read FRS r u tired of being lied

uh, I don't follow.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10
Veteran

12 Jan 2013 21:16

We have threads on Lance, we have threads on Sky, you embarass yourself by opening another thread with flawed logic, what could even be called trolling,

I suggest the mods should move this to another thread or close it down.
del1962
Veteran

12 Jan 2013 21:18

Walsh is probably employed by the UCI as an undercover agent. All the anti doping talk was just a smokescreen to please the clinic:rolleyes:
User avatar the sceptic
Veteran

12 Jan 2013 21:18

will10 wrote:uh, I don't follow.

his sponsors did not last did they? this ongoing and binding relationship was nothing but.

and the FRS marketing is Tired of being tired. So I changed it to Are you tired of being tired
to, Are you tired of being lied
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

12 Jan 2013 21:20

We could all list 10 good questions.

1999 cortisone,
2001 TdS test
Simeoni incident

Etc

Debatable from a corporate viewpoint whether this is the right way to approach a USD 1 m litigation though...maybe ST realise they wont get their money and are just out to maximise column inches.
Jack (6 ch)

12 Jan 2013 21:20

this thread is a bit weird. Your making conclusions about Sky based on a letter he wrote about Armstrong?

Anyway i dont think Walsh is on the Sky bandwagon. For the faults i see in him, it must be remembered that he handled himself with immense honor and courage on the Armstrong thing for years. And i would not throw accusations at such a man lightly
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

12 Jan 2013 21:21

Walsh on Twitter asked people to tweet one question to ask Lance if they were Oprah, and said the best 10 would be re-tweeted.
It seems to consist of questions from people who tweeted. (it at least contains my question)

So I wouldn't read too much in to it.

However it is true that Walsh hasn't been critical of Sky. It maybe because he doesn't follow Cycling too intensely now.
User avatar the asian

12 Jan 2013 21:24

boot

leggin

sly

grog
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

12 Jan 2013 21:24

The Hitch wrote:this thread is a bit weird. Your making conclusions about Sky based on a letter he wrote about Armstrong?

Anyway i dont think Walsh is on the Sky bandwagon. For the faults i see in him, it must be remembered that he handled himself with immense honor and courage on the Armstrong thing for years. And i would not throw accusations at such a man lightly

it is weird

Thnx Hitch
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13
Veteran

12 Jan 2013 21:25

^ meta weird

thanks Dave
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

12 Jan 2013 21:28

As a British journalist writing for a pro Sky newspaper I am not surprised that Walsh would not want to criticise Sky. Why stick out a leg and claim they are doping when, unlike with Armstrong, there is not enough proof for him to decide fully himself?
El Pistolero wrote: Gratz to Cav.
User avatar Froome19

12 Jan 2013 21:38

Even the Hog might have trouble joining these dots.
Weirdly weird.
Mellow Velo
Veteran

12 Jan 2013 21:38

sniper wrote:http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/10-questions-walsh-would-ask-lance-armstrong

Striking: not a word from Walsh on UCI donations.
Is he on the Sky (and thus UCI) boat?
Strange conclusion, if I am right, I most of the time am [;)] Walsh has made a twitter 'lotto' for questions big old mamma Oprah should ask the wonderboy.
edit: see the Asian and the sceptic.
il Mito wrote:“I’m in pension, I don’t give a **** about training,” Ferrari said. “They are all strong without me. Did you see the Tour de France?”
User avatar Fearless Greg Lemond

12 Jan 2013 22:02

David Walsh works for the Sunday Times which is conected to Sky.

I think it is fair to say that his link to News International means that every moral stand that he has previously had is now invalid.

With his conflict of interest, we can't look at what he says, but what he doesn't say.

Every day that someone on Team Sky says nothing adds to the proof. The silence is defening. The lack of evidence is the most compelling evidence.
Parker

12 Jan 2013 22:07

Parker wrote:With his conflict of interest, we can't look at what he says, but what he doesn't say.

parker post avec acuity

so I deign to quote Walsh:"...................................."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

12 Jan 2013 22:22

The Hitch wrote:this thread is a bit weird. Your making conclusions about Sky based on a letter he wrote about Armstrong?

What I found striking about the OPs post was they didn't mention Vaughters once.
Surely Walsh asking Oprah to ask Lance questions must be based on Sky .... Or JV because Walsh didn't ask about Girona. Or Contador because Walsh didn't ask Oprah to ask Lance about building schools in Israel.
User avatar Dr. Maserati
Veteran

Next

Return to The Clinic