Register

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

16 Dec 2017 15:45

I think Walsh like Swart will decide that a positive test for salbutamol is worth backing Froome over. It wasn't epo. Its a mistake. The scientists will prove it. The evil Contador (lazarus) fans are just trying to crucify "Jesus again"

He wont commit 100% though. He'll try to play both sides - attack froome a little, give himself a chance to escape out of this later, but ultimately he's too in love with Froome and too in love with his master Brailsford (I think betas like Walsh dont have the balls to turn on someone like brailsford) to truly turn on them just yet.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

Re: Re:

16 Dec 2017 15:46

red_flanders wrote:
ruamruam wrote:
hrotha wrote:He's probably trying to decide whether he can still jump ship or whether he should barricade all the entrances and try to fight it out.
He cannot jump ship with any credibility. Probably the least worst option for him is fight it out. Loses credibility with either way.

He'll come out attacking Froome and pretending it's all news to him. 100%.

Walsh appeared via webcam with a nice shot of his enlarged forehead, saying not much other than “this doesn’t look good”.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

Re:

16 Dec 2017 15:48

The Hitch wrote:I think Walsh like Swart will decide that a positive test for salbutamol is worth backing Froome over. It wasn't epo. Its a mistake. The scientists will prove it. The evil Contador (lazarus) fans are just trying to crucify "Jesus again"

He wont commit 100% though. He'll try to play both sides - attack froome a little, give himself a chance to escape out of this later, but ultimately he's too in love with Froome and too in love with his master Brailsford (I think betas like Walsh dont have the balls to turn on someone like brailsford) to truly turn on them just yet.

Swart was an odd one. His “must be some weird metabolism thing” took the cake. Swart who has been relying on that if anyone says Froome is doping is a conspiracy theorists has now resorted to conspiracy theories to explain Froome’s positive test :lol:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

Re:

16 Dec 2017 16:10

The Hitch wrote:I think Walsh like Swart will decide that a positive test for salbutamol is worth backing Froome over. It wasn't epo. Its a mistake. The scientists will prove it. The evil Contador (lazarus) fans are just trying to crucify "Jesus again"

So the line lies somewhere on the very thin area between salbutamol and clenbuterol?
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

I came, I saw, I was dead wrong as per usual
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

Re:

16 Dec 2017 16:16

Agree that Walsh has been wilfully blind when it comes to Froome. Too much invested after ghosting Froome's The Climb autobiography

But Walsh has been calling for Brailsford to be sacked for a while now. Reached a point where Walsh couldn't ignore the lies Brailsford told him which formed the basis of Walsh's dire Inside Team Sky book

Walsh surely can't ignore the Froome story in tomorrow's ST. Agree he will hedge his bets

Syed on the other hand will just keep his head down that guy is the shameless king of the fanboys with a typewriter :rolleyes:
Wiggo's Package

16 Dec 2017 16:51

Walsh appeared via webcam with a nice shot of his enlarged forehead, saying not much other than “this doesn’t look good”.

He looked disturbed and wondering how Froome could get a 2000 reading with the inhaler saying "It looks bad,,," :D
But the explanation is simple
User avatar 70kmph

Re:

16 Dec 2017 18:25

A modified version of his PDM defence:
cyclists' age-old desire to hitch their systems to an outside motor has created perceptions which are hard to change and the picture of a rider puffing on an inhaler leads to one conclusion: doping. It is a mistaken view, out of touch with the realities of modern sport but, for the armchair enthusiast, nothing good comes from a medicine cabinet."
User avatar fmk_RoI

16 Dec 2017 18:43

70kmph wrote:

He looked disturbed and wondering how Froome could get a 2000 reading with the inhaler saying "It looks bad,,," :D
But the explanation is simple

https://twitter.com/EenVandaag/status/941705623892385797
buckle

16 Dec 2017 19:43

That retreat is quicker that the Brits from Castlebar in 1798...
User avatar fmk_RoI

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

17 Dec 2017 04:47

Walsh, a man deeply in love... <3

User avatar thehog
Veteran

17 Dec 2017 04:59

Walsh, in love and confused, what have I done wrong? :surprised:

User avatar thehog
Veteran

17 Dec 2017 08:04

Ewwww I think I'm going to chuck....
User avatar sittingbison

17 Dec 2017 11:13

thehog wrote:Walsh, in love and confused, what have I done wrong? :surprised:

Walsh's lack of journalistic instincts is striking eh

If the bloke who's book you ghosted suddenly stops taking your calls surely any self-respecting journalist would put out feelers to their contacts at Team Sky and the UCI,etc. to find out if something's brewing?

Walsh just needs to retire. Enough of trading on past glories. Just embarassing now...
Wiggo's Package

17 Dec 2017 11:30

thehog wrote:Walsh, in love and confused, what have I done wrong? :surprised:

Embedded?
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

17 Dec 2017 14:25

Walsh no longer trusts Chris

Walsh said he spoke to Froome for an hour on Friday evening in a “fraught, difficult conversation” in which the rider reiterated his innocence. When Walsh suggested he should have accepted responsibility when he was informed of the test result in September, Froome was “disgusted” by the idea.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cycling/david-walsh-chris-froome-salbutamol-adverse-test-result-vuelta-a-espana-a8115196.html
User avatar 70kmph

17 Dec 2017 14:41

If nothing else, all this stuff proves that Walsh had got unprofessionally close to Froome on an emotional level, and I'm a bit baffled that a journalist would happily put something like that in the open without acknowledging that it was bad.
User avatar hrotha
Veteran

Re:

17 Dec 2017 14:50

hrotha wrote:If nothing else, all this stuff proves that Walsh had got unprofessionally close to Froome on an emotional level, and I'm a bit baffled that a journalist would happily put something like that in the open without acknowledging that it was bad.
I struggle to understand your bafflement. This is what he did with Sean Kelly.

Many claimed that Walsh only went after LA because LA stopped sucking up to him ("If I could go back and kiss his *** maybe I should have," LA once said). If he turns on Froome now...
User avatar fmk_RoI

17 Dec 2017 14:51

I think that Walsh waited to see which side the wind will blow, then decided to go with it not to look more foolish. But too late?
User avatar poupou

Re:

17 Dec 2017 14:53

hrotha wrote:If nothing else, all this stuff proves that Walsh had got unprofessionally close to Froome on an emotional level, and I'm a bit baffled that a journalist would happily put something like that in the open without acknowledging that it was bad.

Exactly. It appears that Walsh believes this is perfectly normal behaviour. David just needs a big hug.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

17 Dec 2017 14:59

The not returning calls thing. This is pretty much what he also said after the JTL thing, about Dave Brailsford...
User avatar fmk_RoI

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic