Register

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

22 Mar 2017 16:22

Somehow this thread has been hijacked from David Walsh to become a thread about Race Radio, who's a member of this forum.

Please post comments to the topic at hand.

***I will be removing the off topic comments, if anyone wants to copy their comment to post somewhere else or revise the comment to include the actual topic I will wait for a bit before I remove all the off topic posts.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

23 Mar 2017 16:52

On topic, Walsh was pretty much assimilated, that much is for sure. His livelihood came to rest on his Sky output, so he depends on their success or at least non-disclosure of bad behavior. Everyone has to eat, so I get his motives, but at the end of the day he has sullied his reputation to the point he can not be taken seriously again. Off topic, RR was always pleasant and respectful to me, though I only interacted with him on this forum.
The poster formerly known as yespatterns.
User avatar GraftPunk

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

27 Mar 2017 23:28

While we are talking about sellout hypocrites, remember dimspace?

He knew Samuel Sanchez was doping. Just knew it. Nibali too. And the entire OPQS. Definately dopers, called them out for it. Went on massive rants about Horner doping. And everyone in the 100m apparently. Didn't even know their names since he doesn't watch athletics but was so upset that they doped to be there. He later tried to claim it was a misunderstanding but the tweet was there, saying all participants were dopers in the 100m.

But if you even tried to suggest sky doped he would go on a similar rant. Wiggins was clean. 100% clean. Dim knew. Dim knew because Dim was an "insider" and as an insider he had access to special inside information from Sky. And that inside information was that Sky were clean. Someone at Sky told him Sky were clean so he this was proof. Both proof that Sky were clean and proof that he was more intelligent than the anti Sky mob because he had information they didn't have. And he had earned this informaton by palling up to some Sky apparatchik instead of screaming "Barabas" like Walsh's idiot masses.
The other piece of evidence was that Sky were clean was this beautiful reverse logic where dim claimed to hate wiggins. Even though he was in reality wiggos biggest fan and wouldn't watch a race without mentioning wiggins millions of time even if wiggins was there, dim said that he hated wiggins and that made it true. And since dim "hated" wiggins but believed he was clean, that of course made wiggins clean, since dim was "unbiased" and had reached this conclusion.

The guy coming 8th in the 100m was definately doping because 100m is a dirty sport. But the guy winning the Tour de France was definately clean.

Don't accuse Sky of doping on his forum though or you will be warned in pms that it creates an "unfriendly atmosphere" for the sky fans there. Feel free to attack any other living human being as long as they don't ride for Sky, of doping. That is perfectly fine.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

28 Mar 2017 11:52

The Hitch wrote:While we are talking about sellout hypocrites, remember dimspace?

He knew Samuel Sanchez was doping. Just knew it. Nibali too. And the entire OPQS. Definately dopers, called them out for it. Went on massive rants about Horner doping. And everyone in the 100m apparently. Didn't even know their names since he doesn't watch athletics but was so upset that they doped to be there. He later tried to claim it was a misunderstanding but the tweet was there, saying all participants were dopers in the 100m.

But if you even tried to suggest sky doped he would go on a similar rant. Wiggins was clean. 100% clean. Dim knew. Dim knew because Dim was an "insider" and as an insider he had access to special inside information from Sky. And that inside information was that Sky were clean. Someone at Sky told him Sky were clean so he this was proof. Both proof that Sky were clean and proof that he was more intelligent than the anti Sky mob because he had information they didn't have. And he had earned this informaton by palling up to some Sky apparatchik instead of screaming "Barabas" like Walsh's idiot masses.
The other piece of evidence was that Sky were clean was this beautiful reverse logic where dim claimed to hate wiggins. Even though he was in reality wiggos biggest fan and wouldn't watch a race without mentioning wiggins millions of time even if wiggins was there, dim said that he hated wiggins and that made it true. And since dim "hated" wiggins but believed he was clean, that of course made wiggins clean, since dim was "unbiased" and had reached this conclusion.

The guy coming 8th in the 100m was definately doping because 100m is a dirty sport. But the guy winning the Tour de France was definately clean.

Don't accuse Sky of doping on his forum though or you will be warned in pms that it creates an "unfriendly atmosphere" for the sky fans there. Feel free to attack any other living human being as long as they don't ride for Sky, of doping. That is perfectly fine.

Interestingly Dim has turned his back on cycling and is now a massive fan of that super clean sport.........

MMA!!!

:lol:
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

28 Mar 2017 14:49

The Hitch wrote:While we are talking about sellout hypocrites, remember dimspace?

He knew Samuel Sanchez was doping. Just knew it. Nibali too. And the entire OPQS. Definitely dopers, called them out for it. Went on massive rants about Horner doping. And everyone in the 100m apparently. Didn't even know their names since he doesn't watch athletics but was so upset that they doped to be there. He later tried to claim it was a misunderstanding but the tweet was there, saying all participants were dopers in the 100m.

But if you even tried to suggest sky doped he would go on a similar rant. Wiggins was clean. 100% clean. Dim knew. Dim knew because Dim was an "insider" and as an insider he had access to special inside information from Sky. And that inside information was that Sky were clean. Someone at Sky told him Sky were clean so he this was proof. Both proof that Sky were clean and proof that he was more intelligent than the anti Sky mob because he had information they didn't have. And he had earned this information by palling up to some Sky apparatchik instead of screaming "Barabbas" like Walsh's idiot masses.

The guy coming 8th in the 100m was definitely doping because 100m is a dirty sport. But the guy winning the Tour de France was definitely clean.

I quiet liked Dim - Didn't he originate that mega entity relation diagram on Lance Tailwinds etc. http://www.cyclismas.com/biscuits/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ArmstrongBusinessConnections1.jpg
On one of the occasion when this forum had days of downtime I even frequented his http://velorooms.com forum - but you are right Hitch - it gave me a spooky hygienic-ized experience. Like that warren in Watership Down set up to attract live rabbits in, fatten then up and them have them mysteriously disappear ... http://watershipdown.wikia.com/wiki/Cowslip%27s_Warren
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

28 Mar 2017 15:25

Dim and RR became BFFs and BotRooms became a “there is no evidence” / “JV once told me a story” forum. Additionally the “I never said Sky was clean” vortex would be implemented regularly. Lance was a doper, everyone was a doper but when it came to Sky along came tailwinds, lunch with LRP and if you straight up asked “Do you think Sky are clean?”, you’d get back “I never said they were clean but there was a tailwind…” etc. It was this circular circle jerk of pretending to know more than everyone else because they had someone “unknown” source of information. It was mind numbing. Considering Dim’s handle in the Clinic was TeamSkyFans probably told you all there was to tell.

There was one good anecdote from those days was at the 2011 Vuelta. In the race threads around week one, TeamSkyFans was telling us “Froome will drop off now, he has outdone himself working for Wiggins and has ridden well above his talent level”. In the next two days Froome smashed the Pena with Cobo and beat Wiggins in the ITT! Shortly after his account disappeared off the Clinic.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

28 Mar 2017 17:42

In case anyone can be bothered..

David Walsh on Talksport radio with Mark Saggers from 7pm tonight.

Walsh is avoiding talking to anyone with a decent knowledge of the sport.

Chicken.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

29 Mar 2017 00:37

Not bad by Walsh but he's still telling us Froome is clean :lol:

Nails Brailsford hard, which is good to hear.

http://dneilmusic14.blogspot.com/2017/03/david-walsh-nails-dave-brailsford-on.html
User avatar thehog
Veteran

29 Mar 2017 15:14

thehog wrote:Not bad by Walsh but he's still telling us Froome is clean :lol:

Nails Brailsford hard, which is good to hear.

http://dneilmusic14.blogspot.com/2017/03/david-walsh-nails-dave-brailsford-on.html

Maybe Sky/Murdochs want rid of Brailsford and prefer someone else in charge, so Walsh is leading the hounds.....
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

07 May 2017 07:19

Walsh's Radcliffe's piece in todays Times is pure genius, fully cleans, check is in the mail.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

07 May 2017 09:01

thehog wrote:Dim and RR became BFFs and BotRooms became a “there is no evidence” / “JV once told me a story” forum. Additionally the “I never said Sky was clean” vortex would be implemented regularly. Lance was a doper, everyone was a doper but when it came to Sky along came tailwinds, lunch with LRP and if you straight up asked “Do you think Sky are clean?”, you’d get back “I never said they were clean but there was a tailwind…” etc. It was this circular circle jerk of pretending to know more than everyone else because they had someone “unknown” source of information. It was mind numbing. Considering Dim’s handle in the Clinic was TeamSkyFans probably told you all there was to tell.

There was one good anecdote from those days was at the 2011 Vuelta. In the race threads around week one, TeamSkyFans was telling us “Froome will drop off now, he has outdone himself working for Wiggins and has ridden well above his talent level”. In the next two days Froome smashed the Pena with Cobo and beat Wiggins in the ITT! Shortly after his account disappeared off the Clinic.

Interesting, he recently went on a rant with Digger over the fact he'd told Digger long ago about the cortisone abuse. Didn't know what to make of it but seems from reading a few of these posts that Dim is full of ****. Even more recently he wrote something about OOC cortisone use ending it with something like "it's a better answer to just going fast up a hill"... Either he's unaware that Wiggins talks about VAM in his book and how they use it to predict the power outputs required to beat their opponents or is a fan. I still find it funny people like him believe cortisone was the only thing Wiggins used. Cortisone is just one tool in an ever growing list of products athletes use.
ThePopeOfDope

07 May 2017 09:06

thehog wrote:Walsh's Radcliffe's piece in todays Times is pure genius, fully cleans, check is in the mail.

Proves he's still obsessed with Armstrong. I'm not sure why people even read his articles. I forget exactly his reaction to Txema's death but I remember something along the lines of using it to wave the Team Sky are clean flag.
ThePopeOfDope

07 May 2017 11:17

ThePopeOfDope wrote:
thehog wrote:Dim and RR became BFFs and BotRooms became a “there is no evidence” / “JV once told me a story” forum. Additionally the “I never said Sky was clean” vortex would be implemented regularly. Lance was a doper, everyone was a doper but when it came to Sky along came tailwinds, lunch with LRP and if you straight up asked “Do you think Sky are clean?”, you’d get back “I never said they were clean but there was a tailwind…” etc. It was this circular circle jerk of pretending to know more than everyone else because they had someone “unknown” source of information. It was mind numbing. Considering Dim’s handle in the Clinic was TeamSkyFans probably told you all there was to tell.

Interesting, he recently went on a rant with Digger over the fact he'd told Digger long ago about the cortisone abuse. Didn't know what to make of it but seems from reading a few of these posts that Dim is full of ****. Even more recently he wrote something about OOC cortisone use ending it with something like "it's a better answer to just going fast up a hill"... Either he's unaware that Wiggins talks about VAM in his book and how they use it to predict the power outputs required to beat their opponents or is a fan. I still find it funny people like him believe cortisone was the only thing Wiggins used. Cortisone is just one tool in an ever growing list of products athletes use.

Well, as somebody who dipped into Velorooms for a short while as a non-member a while back (at least two or three years ago...maybe more) I can tell you with absolute certainty that I remember the forum owner (Dim) saying that he'd heard that Team Sky abuse cortisone. It seems like nothing now after the fancy bears stuff and the package nonsense but it stuck in my mind because at the time there was absolutely nothing on Team Sky at all. I stopped reading Velorooms shortly after because there really weren't enough people to make it worthwhile and I wasn't really into posting on forums myself at that point,but when the Wiggins stuff exploded last autumn I immediately thought of Dim's words.

Beyond that, and with regards to social media spats I'm not interested , but the guy did actually say what somebody here said he
did.
mcduff

07 May 2017 11:23

thehog wrote:Walsh's Radcliffe's piece in todays Times is pure genius, fully cleans, check is in the mail.

Walsh in bot mode;

User avatar thehog
Veteran

07 May 2017 12:23

People believe in all sorts of things don't they. Some people are utterly convinced that there is a God despite there being absolutely no evidence whatsoever. People will turn themselves inside out to believe what they want to believe, and its those desires that are more interesting than the beliefs themselves.
mcduff

07 May 2017 12:43

thehog wrote:

Walsh in bot mode;

Anyone who defended walsh against all the evidence for the last 5 years, this is the final nail in the coffin. Y'all were wrong. Wonder if the gooner's of this world will aknowledge their error.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

07 May 2017 13:02

The Hitch wrote:
thehog wrote:

Walsh in bot mode;

Anyone who defended walsh against all the evidence for the last 5 years, this is the final nail in the coffin. Y'all were wrong. Wonder if the gooner's of this world will aknowledge their error.

Gooner hasn't been spotted in a while. Maybe Arsenal are causing him more trouble than the Clinic!
BullsFan22

07 May 2017 13:38

thehog wrote:

Walsh in bot mode;

It's ridiculous that a professional sports reporter can have this much naiveté in 2017. Walsh has no business addressing doping at all, and should just write rah-rah sports stories and spin heroic narratives. Leave the serious reporting on pro sports and doping to people with a clue.

That blurb above is as bad as the highly uninformed fans who attempt to wade into the clinic with denials of truly basic stuff that every knowledgeable person has known for a while. But it's worse because Walsh is published in major paper, and some readers may actually think he knows what he's talking about.
Beech Mtn

07 May 2017 13:52

mcduff wrote:Well, as somebody who dipped into Velorooms for a short while as a non-member a while back (at least two or three years ago...maybe more) I can tell you with absolute certainty that I remember the forum owner (Dim) saying that he'd heard that Team Sky abuse cortisone. It seems like nothing now after the fancy bears stuff and the package nonsense but it stuck in my mind because at the time there was absolutely nothing on Team Sky at all.
People have been saying that about Sky for a long time now. So much so that they were quickly fingered by most as the team referred to in the CIRC report. Hardly an inside scoop.
User avatar fmk_RoI

07 May 2017 13:54

I think it's in the contract when you ghost the autobiography that you have to ram your tongue up the subject's **** for the rest of your life. And he did ghost her book, didn't he?
User avatar fmk_RoI

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic