Log in:  

Register

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

07 May 2017 14:02

fmk_RoI wrote:
mcduff wrote:Well, as somebody who dipped into Velorooms for a short while as a non-member a while back (at least two or three years ago...maybe more) I can tell you with absolute certainty that I remember the forum owner (Dim) saying that he'd heard that Team Sky abuse cortisone. It seems like nothing now after the fancy bears stuff and the package nonsense but it stuck in my mind because at the time there was absolutely nothing on Team Sky at all.
People have been saying that about Sky for a long time now. So much so that they were quickly fingered by most as the team referred to in the CIRC report. Hardly an inside scoop.


Ive just gone back and worked out the rough time period I perused Velorooms. It was early 2013.
mcduff
Junior Member
 
Posts: 102
Joined: 21 Apr 2017 11:17

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

07 May 2017 14:07

The Hitch wrote:
thehog wrote:
thehog wrote:Walsh's Radcliffe's piece in todays Times is pure genius, fully cleans, check is in the mail.


Walsh in bot mode;

Image

Anyone who defended walsh against all the evidence for the last 5 years, this is the final nail in the coffin. Y'all were wrong. Wonder if the gooner's of this world will aknowledge their error.


I claim my £5 - anywhere does Walsh admit be hired in to do WHITEWASH 1.0

Freddythefrog wrote:Wiggo - seriously do we have a date for the blood anomaly and tieing it to that win in the half marathon ? that is awesome if the legal team drafting her statement put that spin on it and she OKd it knowing her actual result.

Look at the clock and then imagine the finish of a 1,500 race and then watch the second hand hit a point. Then watch the second hand move for 7 seconds. That is the gap every mile that Paula put into the Kenyan who has run the second fastest Marathon in history behind her. One hell of a gap. Now just think how much more time she would have put into all those dopers who can't get near her time, if she was boosted to the max. Fifteen or more like twenty seconds? Watch the clock and think of a 1500m finish and count 20 seconds. Is there anyone who has watched a 1500m thinks that is at all credible ?

You all know where I am coming from. Paula hired Walsh to do Whitewash 1.0 and he gave up trying to construct her autobiography part way through and then just copied part of her training diary. Froome hired Walsh to do Whitewash 3.0 and by this time Cound and Fran had sorted out a narrative to keep Walsh hooked - riding in sandals at Delhi, badzilla, educated in a tin hut, fighting tigers on the way to school, (oops wrong continent) keep Bobby Julrich out of the story.


Loving this from Walsh - courtesy of Digger -
https://twitter.com/Digger_forum/status/861107776206065665
even Walsh in today's article says he was "...annoyed at this toning down of her viewpoint....." We need oldcrank to tell us the inside story. He tells us was sat a couple of rows back in the stadium when Paula was waving that flag to the world "EPO cheats out". Was it her idea or did she see someone with the banner and thought it was one hell of a thing to go and stand with it ?
Freddythefrog
Member
 
Posts: 663
Joined: 10 Jul 2010 06:50

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

07 May 2017 14:31

mcduff wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
mcduff wrote:Well, as somebody who dipped into Velorooms for a short while as a non-member a while back (at least two or three years ago...maybe more) I can tell you with absolute certainty that I remember the forum owner (Dim) saying that he'd heard that Team Sky abuse cortisone. It seems like nothing now after the fancy bears stuff and the package nonsense but it stuck in my mind because at the time there was absolutely nothing on Team Sky at all.
People have been saying that about Sky for a long time now. So much so that they were quickly fingered by most as the team referred to in the CIRC report. Hardly an inside scoop.


Ive just gone back and worked out the rough time period I perused Velorooms. It was early 2013.
Richard Moore's Sky's The Limit book came out in 2011 and that was one of the first "official" takes on the subject to suggest Sky would go right up to the edge of the rules. I don't think that notion came as a surprise to anyone, many even then believing that OOC cortisone was in use. It was also, you will recall, widely assumed to be Sky's reason not to join that MPCC. I'll say it again: hardly an inside scoop.
User avatar fmk_RoI
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,002
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 07:31

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

07 May 2017 14:32

BullsFan22 wrote:
The Hitch wrote:
thehog wrote:
thehog wrote:Walsh's Radcliffe's piece in todays Times is pure genius, fully cleans, check is in the mail.


Walsh in bot mode;

Image

Anyone who defended walsh against all the evidence for the last 5 years, this is the final nail in the coffin. Y'all were wrong. Wonder if the gooner's of this world will aknowledge their error.



Gooner hasn't been spotted in a while. Maybe Arsenal are causing him more trouble than the Clinic!



Gooner disappeared when he Wiggins package came out and when Sutton was booted for being a pig.He wrote some classic posts, including a passionate defence of Radcliffe who "was prepared to release all her blood values" as a method to prove she's clean. When some of the values leaked she lawyered up and no values to be seen.
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,391
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

07 May 2017 15:51

BullsFan22 wrote:
The Hitch wrote:
thehog wrote:
thehog wrote:Walsh's Radcliffe's piece in todays Times is pure genius, fully cleans, check is in the mail.


Walsh in bot mode;

Image

Anyone who defended walsh against all the evidence for the last 5 years, this is the final nail in the coffin. Y'all were wrong. Wonder if the gooner's of this world will aknowledge their error.



Gooner hasn't been spotted in a while. Maybe Arsenal are causing him more trouble than the Clinic!

Gooner asked to have his account deleted but we don't do that so he asked to have his account banned instead, which we obliged.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 7,180
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

07 May 2017 18:03

Irondan wrote:Gooner asked to have his account deleted but we don't do that so he asked to have his account banned instead, which we obliged.

You have to feel for these people. They bought it hard. The Lance fans with their yellow wrist bands believing in the cancer Jesus; we saw how badly they took it all. Out today I gave up counting how many had sky jersies on. Just think if you had a book shelf of all those biographies that Wiggins put out, then mein climb and the world according to G. Maybe you even bought a ticket to watch Wiggo go round in circles and take the hour record and watch him matey up with Bruyneel and the other dodgy characters in the track centre afterwards. You argued how your hero was being open minded and inclusive and tried to put it to the back of your mind that he was just a cynic rubbing your nose in it that he and his mates were way smarter than the little people whose money he was taking. But nonetheless you had a queasy feeling in your stomach about it all. The charity you gave to that only gave donations to the rugby club his son went to and those poor cyclists Laura Trott and her mates - admin errors- Wiggo just didn't have time to run it properly, if he had, it would all have gone to worthy causes. That it went to fellow BC pro cyclists and his son's charity was like that delivery of testosterone that turned up at the track at Manchester - a mistake - it could happen to anyone. The obscene jokes at the charity do - Wiggo just letting his hair down - it is a stressful life being a sports superstar, having to train so much to be able to beat them dopers clean. But now. Even Walsh is sliding away from Paula and they didn't give the Dawg a knighthood; the establishment are "sticking" at Sir Chris, Sir Brad and Sir Mastermind". Howden, Sutton, Brailsford and Cope performed in front of CMS in a way no one could support. Freeman got "poorly" and Sir Brad didn't come out swinging but pretends that he cannot speak because he is under some sort of embargo. All the time your rational non-cycling mates are either taking the p**s or giving you glances that they feel your pain and are waiting for you to "come out".

Gooner - "Ban me, remove all my posts - just do it. I don't want anything I have written to be left for posterity."

It is quite apocalyptical - how many posts had gooner racked up ?

Back on Walsh - I bought the paper and see that Walsh does state "Our relationship took a turn for the worse when we worked together on her autobiography in 2003". Given he wrote the book, that was about as strong as he was likely to get.

But back to the fans - just how are you going to answer anyone who asks where your collection of cycling books have suddenly gone?
Freddythefrog
Member
 
Posts: 663
Joined: 10 Jul 2010 06:50

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

07 May 2017 21:07

Beech Mtn wrote:
thehog wrote:
thehog wrote:Walsh's Radcliffe's piece in todays Times is pure genius, fully cleans, check is in the mail.


Walsh in bot mode;

Image


It's ridiculous that a professional sports reporter can have this much naiveté in 2017. Walsh has no business addressing doping at all, and should just write rah-rah sports stories and spin heroic narratives. Leave the serious reporting on pro sports and doping to people with a clue.

That blurb above is as bad as the highly uninformed fans who attempt to wade into the clinic with denials of truly basic stuff that every knowledgeable person has known for a while. But it's worse because Walsh is published in major paper, and some readers may actually think he knows what he's talking about.


Walsh is not naive. Just a dyed in the wool hack. He dare not show up to any cycling race now.

But that last line, "knowlingly cheating", was she asleep when they slipped her the PEDs. Walsh's ego knows no bounds.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,122
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

07 May 2017 23:16

Benotti69 wrote:
Beech Mtn wrote:
thehog wrote:
thehog wrote:Walsh's Radcliffe's piece in todays Times is pure genius, fully cleans, check is in the mail.


Walsh in bot mode;

Image


It's ridiculous that a professional sports reporter can have this much naiveté in 2017. Walsh has no business addressing doping at all, and should just write rah-rah sports stories and spin heroic narratives. Leave the serious reporting on pro sports and doping to people with a clue.

That blurb above is as bad as the highly uninformed fans who attempt to wade into the clinic with denials of truly basic stuff that every knowledgeable person has known for a while. But it's worse because Walsh is published in major paper, and some readers may actually think he knows what he's talking about.


Walsh is not naive. Just a dyed in the wool hack. He dare not show up to any cycling race now.

But that last line, "knowlingly cheating", was she asleep when they slipped her the PEDs. Walsh's ego knows no bounds.


Gary gave her a blood transfusion in her sleep.
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,391
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

07 May 2017 23:30

Freddythefrog wrote:
Irondan wrote:Gooner asked to have his account deleted but we don't do that so he asked to have his account banned instead, which we obliged.

You have to feel for these people. They bought it hard. The Lance fans with their yellow wrist bands believing in the cancer Jesus; we saw how badly they took it all. Out today I gave up counting how many had sky jersies on. Just think if you had a book shelf of all those biographies that Wiggins put out, then mein climb and the world according to G. Maybe you even bought a ticket to watch Wiggo go round in circles and take the hour record and watch him matey up with Bruyneel and the other dodgy characters in the track centre afterwards. You argued how your hero was being open minded and inclusive and tried to put it to the back of your mind that he was just a cynic rubbing your nose in it that he and his mates were way smarter than the little people whose money he was taking. But nonetheless you had a queasy feeling in your stomach about it all. The charity you gave to that only gave donations to the rugby club his son went to and those poor cyclists Laura Trott and her mates - admin errors- Wiggo just didn't have time to run it properly, if he had, it would all have gone to worthy causes. That it went to fellow BC pro cyclists and his son's charity was like that delivery of testosterone that turned up at the track at Manchester - a mistake - it could happen to anyone. The obscene jokes at the charity do - Wiggo just letting his hair down - it is a stressful life being a sports superstar, having to train so much to be able to beat them dopers clean. But now. Even Walsh is sliding away from Paula and they didn't give the Dawg a knighthood; the establishment are "sticking" at Sir Chris, Sir Brad and Sir Mastermind". Howden, Sutton, Brailsford and Cope performed in front of CMS in a way no one could support. Freeman got "poorly" and Sir Brad didn't come out swinging but pretends that he cannot speak because he is under some sort of embargo. All the time your rational non-cycling mates are either taking the p**s or giving you glances that they feel your pain and are waiting for you to "come out".

Gooner - "Ban me, remove all my posts - just do it. I don't want anything I have written to be left for posterity."

It is quite apocalyptical - how many posts had gooner racked up ?

Back on Walsh - I bought the paper and see that Walsh does state "Our relationship took a turn for the worse when we worked together on her autobiography in 2003". Given he wrote the book, that was about as strong as he was likely to get.

But back to the fans - just how are you going to answer anyone who asks where your collection of cycling books have suddenly gone?


This is a great post, very apt and very true on the Sky fans and Gooner was of their biggest ones. I remember when Dan Martin won Liege and wrote an impassioned post that the win was proof you can win clean and all of cyclings demons had gone away with Lance Armstrong. He was a big defender of Walsh. Every time I mocked Walsh he kept saying I supported Walsh during Lance. The thing is I didn't. I always said Walsh was a very poor writer, he has made his mind up about Armstrong and then jammed in evidence to fit, he wasn't very forensic. The fact that Walsh let his relationship with Kimmage go to the dogs because he'd fallen in love with Sir David and thought he was going to become a Hollywood scriptwriter was appalling.
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,391
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

08 May 2017 03:44

Didnt know gooner was a goner. Well, if you gonna be dumb you better be tough. It is cycling after all.

The radcliffe piece is, well, proven walsh quality. The hack writers simply play the fiddle called at the end of every hard earned day people find some reason to believe. It can be utilised in various guises to address different segments of the public. For one Age group racers believe because emotionally they have to: if pros can improve paniaqua, hard work pays off, so they can too. Fans of the sport who don't necessarily race themselves need to believe in order to not compromise the spectacle and their immersion in it. Etc.
User avatar meat puppet
Member
 
Posts: 1,852
Joined: 29 May 2011 06:57

08 May 2017 07:57

like? walsh cares.......................he's entitled to his opinion on radcliffe................even if he's talking out his.......

as to team sky.....................................thee's a job to be done there

great! result for gooner yesterday...............................yes! we hate man u.........we are the man u haters.............

Mark L
User avatar ebandit
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,918
Joined: 02 Aug 2012 18:24

Re:

08 May 2017 09:35

ebandit wrote:like? walsh cares.......................he's entitled to his opinion on radcliffe................even if he's talking out his.......

as to team sky.....................................thee's a job to be done there

great! result for gooner yesterday...............................yes! we hate man u.........we are the man u haters.............

Mark L


Do you think gooner is part of the now-sizeable 'Wenger out' brigade? Talk about scales falling from the eyes! Where do you stand on it, yourself? I'm no gunner, but I admire Wenger and happy he beat Mou.

Freddy: great post. Haven't witnessed such insight and articulation since Hannibal Lector met Agent Starling!
User avatar Stingray34
Member
 
Posts: 1,115
Joined: 16 Feb 2011 23:16

Re:

08 May 2017 12:30

ebandit wrote:like? walsh cares.......................he's entitled to his opinion on radcliffe................even if he's talking out his.......

as to team sky.....................................thee's a job to be done there

great! result for gooner yesterday...............................yes! we hate man u.........we are the man u haters.............

Mark L


It's not his opinion, it's his "paid" opinion. Paid to write Radcliffe's biography, paid to write for the Times. Walsh diesnt give opinions without getting his money.

There is a term for a person who takes money for services..... (can't remember what it is) :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,391
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

25 Jun 2017 12:56

Disappears for a few months after the Sky Jiffy bag/TUE/corticosteroids/stolen laptop story and now resurfaces a week before the tour with yet more Froome propaganda. The narrative with Walsh remains big bad Dave/Brad and saintly Christopher.
ontheroad
Member
 
Posts: 681
Joined: 10 Oct 2012 18:04

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

18 Jul 2017 03:36

This is not bad from Walsh, too little too late but solid.

Image
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,391
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

18 Jul 2017 14:02

thehog wrote:This is not bad from Walsh, too little too late but solid.

Image


Kimmage sussed this out in 2009. Walsh so late to the party.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,122
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

19 Jul 2017 05:24

Image
sniper
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,578
Joined: 15 Oct 2010 23:36

Re:

24 Jul 2017 23:15

sniper wrote:Image


I know, Walsh is such a failure. Can't wait for Dawg to never win a race again when the French brigade bring in the new motor checks.
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,391
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

10 Sep 2017 08:13

His piece in The Times this morning reads like another eulogy to Chris Froome. Was once a fine journalist asking questions, now he's back to being a love struck teenager.
ontheroad
Member
 
Posts: 681
Joined: 10 Oct 2012 18:04

Re:

10 Sep 2017 12:01

ontheroad wrote:His piece in The Times this morning reads like another eulogy to Chris Froome. Was once a fine journalist asking questions, now he's back to being a love struck teenager.


Walsh was never a fine journalist. He got it right on 3 occasions. Stephen Roche, Michelle Smith and Lance.

The first 2 furthered his career and were ladder climbs. The last one was personal because Armstrong attacked Walsh accussing him of going after Lance because he son died in a bike accident.

Walsh has the journalistic persistence. It can go both ways. He will be like a dog with a bone and not let go. What sports people need his to get him onside. If only Armstrong had Walsh onside, Armstrong would be huge, and Walsh honourary Livestrong member for life.

Walsh is reaching retirement age soon and wants his ST pension. Not going to risk that.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,122
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Digger, Iguana and 13 guests

Back to top