Log in:  

Register

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: Re:

10 Sep 2017 13:35

Benotti69 wrote:
ontheroad wrote:His piece in The Times this morning reads like another eulogy to Chris Froome. Was once a fine journalist asking questions, now he's back to being a love struck teenager.


Walsh was never a fine journalist. He got it right on 3 occasions. Stephen Roche, Michelle Smith and Lance.

The first 2 furthered his career and were ladder climbs. The last one was personal because Armstrong attacked Walsh accussing him of going after Lance because he son died in a bike accident.

Walsh has the journalistic persistence. It can go both ways. He will be like a dog with a bone and not let go. What sports people need his to get him onside. If only Armstrong had Walsh onside, Armstrong would be huge, and Walsh honourary Livestrong member for life.

Walsh is reaching retirement age soon and wants his ST pension. Not going to risk that.


I wouldn't disagree with that. Kimmage has a propensity to detect ****** straight away and he spotted it fairly soon after Brailsford asked him into sky and left. It takes a man of courage and principles to do that when he could have chosen the easy life but that has never been his way. Walsh on the other hand opted out and took the cash. He sold his pursuit of Armstrong as some kind of fair play anti doping crusade and whatever his motives were, he did do a fine job there. However with his unwavering support of Froome and his silence on Radcliffe you would have to believe that he is just another journalist who will run with the hare and hunt with the hound. It all boils down to self interest and he is just one amongst many but he has destroyed his credibility in the process.
ontheroad
Member
 
Posts: 681
Joined: 10 Oct 2012 18:04

Re: Re:

10 Sep 2017 14:20

ontheroad wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
ontheroad wrote:His piece in The Times this morning reads like another eulogy to Chris Froome. Was once a fine journalist asking questions, now he's back to being a love struck teenager.


Walsh was never a fine journalist. He got it right on 3 occasions. Stephen Roche, Michelle Smith and Lance.

The first 2 furthered his career and were ladder climbs. The last one was personal because Armstrong attacked Walsh accussing him of going after Lance because he son died in a bike accident.

Walsh has the journalistic persistence. It can go both ways. He will be like a dog with a bone and not let go. What sports people need his to get him onside. If only Armstrong had Walsh onside, Armstrong would be huge, and Walsh honourary Livestrong member for life.

Walsh is reaching retirement age soon and wants his ST pension. Not going to risk that.


I wouldn't disagree with that. Kimmage has a propensity to detect ****** straight away and he spotted it fairly soon after Brailsford asked him into sky and left. It takes a man of courage and principles to do that when he could have chosen the easy life but that has never been his way. Walsh on the other hand opted out and took the cash. He sold his pursuit of Armstrong as some kind of fair play anti doping crusade and whatever his motives were, he did do a fine job there. However with his unwavering support of Froome and his silence on Radcliffe you would have to believe that he is just another journalist who will run with the hare and hunt with the hound. It all boils down to self interest and he is just one amongst many but he has destroyed his credibility in the process.


Journalism lost much of its credibility a long time ago and those with some left stand out from the pack by a mile. Walsh is not in that group.

Walsh will never be in a TdF press room again. If he dares the laughs will be long and hard.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,122
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

17 Sep 2017 18:01

It is behind a paywall but the whole of the back page of the Times sports supplement today was given over to Walsh writing about Froome. Basically he knows people say his credibility is down because he supports Froome but these critics, you see, they base their judgements on prejudice and thin air - they all have no evidence whatsoever.

Not stated but the unwritten text is - the critics are just people bitten by being fans of Lance for so long and now judging Froome without any evidence because they are still sore.

So why does Walsh still think Froome's clean. Two reasons - (i) no evidence whatsoever that he doped and (ii) Dave Millar told him Froome was the real deal.

Now (in a parallel world) one could imagine Millar might have credibility and be unbiased. He doped (true), confesed (no he did not), told the authorities all about everything(no he did not), helped the authorities all he could to trap those who supported him doping and supplied him (no he did not, just like Femke, he was an evil mastermind all on his own), apologised to his teammates who he had stated were bonkers or some such (no he pretended he had never ever spoken to the press about them, destroying their credibility by playing "I am the fair anglo-saxon" card), became rider representative at WADA (true - but just look at who suported his application !) helping that highly effective body WADA deal with PED abuse in the sport (they are useless and welcome all who might be motivated to assist in selling their PR lie - yes we had it in this article - the blood passport works - too hard to ever be beaten) and low and behold Millar has now been appointed by BC to head up their program on young rider education (true).

Let's just pause a second and pull that last one apart. Shane Sutton personally appointed Millar. Again - at first sight you could say no higher endorsement could be possible. But hold on, this is the same "personal coach" of Sir Brad, who Wiggo refers to as a second dad, who told Parliament, "cross my heart and hope to die" A) he had no idea what the medical team were prescribing his star rider on the eve of the Tour, several times and b) who had no idea what was in the jiffy bag and c) in all his career had never encoutned PEDs being used by a competitor or in connection with any manager or support staff.

Now that might be quite good enough for the new Chairman of BC and the new head-hunted manager of human resources and even the new CEO, because collectively, they seem to have exactly the same amount of interest in fiding out about nefarious goings on at BC that Cookson did, but to anyone with even half a weather eye open to the history of the sport and to rider-coach relationships, it holds about as much credibility as being told by Ronnie Kray that he never bribed a policeman. Even the hypocricy of having someone who doped, did two years, had to give one medal back because "I only did it once" and so still holds his silver medal from the year before, then made it rich becasue he kept the omerta as to why Sir Dave Brailsford just happened to be having dinner with him at the time of his bust and now runs around selling days out to idiots with too much money to burn "cum ride with Dave and see the polish on my Masser" tell young riders doping obviously doesn't pay - just look at me ! Errrrrrr.......................

And then hold on a moment Mr Walsh.....not sooo fast there................this Millar chap...........apart from having a very strong vested interest in promoting himself as the patron saint of anti-doping - to cancel out that one of his past sins got exposed ..........isn't his sister "head of winning behaviours" at where is it ? I need to do some serious research .............can't be a conflict of interest can it .................where does she work.........who is she very friendly with..........whatisname.................well blow me down with a feather - it is Team Sky.

Oh and hte lack of evidence ..........what we all see before our eyes - Ventoux 2013 and the rest - well, I never reaslied it before but Froome thrashes those times the dopers like Pantani and Lance did up the mountains because he is a physical outlier. And how did he work that out, who was the physiological expert who confirmed this to him - well it is St David again, the talents of the man know no bounds, take a bow St David, BC should promote you as soon as they can.

So David Walsh tells us we are wrong and he is right becasue St David told him..................Yeah. And they accuse some in the clinic of bending facts to suit a prejudiced narrative.

It is worth the money to keep the paper just for the historic record.
Freddythefrog
Member
 
Posts: 663
Joined: 10 Jul 2010 06:50

17 Sep 2017 18:58

From the screenshots I saw on twitter, it looks like Millar/Walsh are trying hard to poke a stick in the eye of Wigans, the lone bad apple who tainted the saintly Froome and Sky.

Then Cound's little tweet about Cath earlier today. Wonder if a narrative is being set up?
Beech Mtn
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,545
Joined: 06 Oct 2009 16:50

17 Sep 2017 19:43

Maybe Wiggo's gone through the proceeds of the RV sale, and needs some PR dosh = spill the beans! :)
Rød pølse - Breakfast of Champions!
"The president is one large S.T.D., and if you’re in close proximity you’re going to get tainted by it.”
User avatar Robert5091
Member
 
Posts: 1,150
Joined: 29 Mar 2016 08:56
Location: stockholm, sweden

Re:

17 Sep 2017 20:27

Robert5091 wrote:Maybe Wiggo's gone through the proceeds of the RV sale, and needs some PR dosh = spill the beans! :)


Wiggo will become toxic if he spills the beans. No question. Newspapers in UK will rip him to pieces.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,122
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

Re:

17 Sep 2017 20:30

Beech Mtn wrote:From the screenshots I saw on twitter, it looks like Millar/Walsh are trying hard to poke a stick in the eye of Wigans, the lone bad apple who tainted the saintly Froome and Sky.

Then Cound's little tweet about Cath earlier today. Wonder if a narrative is being set up?


Froome has no future in the UK and doesn't appear to want one. His leanings are towards SA and I guess that is where he will end up after his career.

Walsh is definetely trying to pin a lot on Wiggins and Brailsford. Not sure if Millar has a good or bad relationship with Brailsford at present. If he does have a good one, it wouldn't surprise me if Brailsford and Fran got Millar to talk to Walsh.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,122
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

17 Sep 2017 22:57

What a Walsh also completely misses, is the team. If you put Froome to one side for a moment, his Vuelta team was insanely strong. Moscan in particular but also having 5-6 guys half way up and beyond on the final climbs. The same team run by Brailsford and none of this concerns Walsh? Because Dawg is a physical outlier who was so good he used to train by zig zagging up climbs and holding onto motorcycles?
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,391
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

18 Sep 2017 05:36

so much here makes it seem obvious .. @freddythefrog - nice post.. these folks are scum.
User avatar dolophonic
Member
 
Posts: 647
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 14:00

Re:

18 Sep 2017 08:48

Freddythefrog wrote:It is behind a paywall but the whole of the back page of the Times sports supplement today was given over to Walsh writing about Froome. Basically he knows people say his credibility is down because he supports Froome but these critics, you see, they base their judgements on prejudice and thin air - they all have no evidence whatsoever.

Not stated but the unwritten text is - the critics are just people bitten by being fans of Lance for so long and now judging Froome without any evidence because they are still sore.

So why does Walsh still think Froome's clean. Two reasons - (i) no evidence whatsoever that he doped and (ii) Dave Millar told him Froome was the real deal.

Now (in a parallel world) one could imagine Millar might have credibility and be unbiased. He doped (true), confesed (no he did not), told the authorities all about everything(no he did not), helped the authorities all he could to trap those who supported him doping and supplied him (no he did not, just like Femke, he was an evil mastermind all on his own), apologised to his teammates who he had stated were bonkers or some such (no he pretended he had never ever spoken to the press about them, destroying their credibility by playing "I am the fair anglo-saxon" card), became rider representative at WADA (true - but just look at who suported his application !) helping that highly effective body WADA deal with PED abuse in the sport (they are useless and welcome all who might be motivated to assist in selling their PR lie - yes we had it in this article - the blood passport works - too hard to ever be beaten) and low and behold Millar has now been appointed by BC to head up their program on young rider education (true).

Let's just pause a second and pull that last one apart. Shane Sutton personally appointed Millar. Again - at first sight you could say no higher endorsement could be possible. But hold on, this is the same "personal coach" of Sir Brad, who Wiggo refers to as a second dad, who told Parliament, "cross my heart and hope to die" A) he had no idea what the medical team were prescribing his star rider on the eve of the Tour, several times and b) who had no idea what was in the jiffy bag and c) in all his career had never encoutned PEDs being used by a competitor or in connection with any manager or support staff.

Now that might be quite good enough for the new Chairman of BC and the new head-hunted manager of human resources and even the new CEO, because collectively, they seem to have exactly the same amount of interest in fiding out about nefarious goings on at BC that Cookson did, but to anyone with even half a weather eye open to the history of the sport and to rider-coach relationships, it holds about as much credibility as being told by Ronnie Kray that he never bribed a policeman. Even the hypocricy of having someone who doped, did two years, had to give one medal back because "I only did it once" and so still holds his silver medal from the year before, then made it rich becasue he kept the omerta as to why Sir Dave Brailsford just happened to be having dinner with him at the time of his bust and now runs around selling days out to idiots with too much money to burn "cum ride with Dave and see the polish on my Masser" tell young riders doping obviously doesn't pay - just look at me ! Errrrrrr.......................

And then hold on a moment Mr Walsh.....not sooo fast there................this Millar chap...........apart from having a very strong vested interest in promoting himself as the patron saint of anti-doping - to cancel out that one of his past sins got exposed ..........isn't his sister "head of winning behaviours" at where is it ? I need to do some serious research .............can't be a conflict of interest can it .................where does she work.........who is she very friendly with..........whatisname.................well blow me down with a feather - it is Team Sky.

Oh and hte lack of evidence ..........what we all see before our eyes - Ventoux 2013 and the rest - well, I never reaslied it before but Froome thrashes those times the dopers like Pantani and Lance did up the mountains because he is a physical outlier. And how did he work that out, who was the physiological expert who confirmed this to him - well it is St David again, the talents of the man know no bounds, take a bow St David, BC should promote you as soon as they can.

So David Walsh tells us we are wrong and he is right becasue St David told him..................Yeah. And they accuse some in the clinic of bending facts to suit a prejudiced narrative.

It is worth the money to keep the paper just for the historic record.


whereas dan martin...... :)
gillan1969
Member
 
Posts: 1,085
Joined: 12 Aug 2009 12:25

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

18 Sep 2017 09:49

I am not sure the papers or media will go toxic against Wiggins to be honest.

He seems to have alienated himself and kept his head down since all the allegations and fancy bears.

I am not on Twitter so I havent seen the Walsh / Millar love in recently.

Walsh appears to conveniently 'forgets' how US Postal Sky look at times and 'forget's that Froome is part of a team that has Leinders in its history, the who pull riders out rather than have a TUE stuff, the covering up of Edmondson etc.

The whole 'feeling sick' at Astana and Landa smashing it, the forgetting about it when Sky sign Landa. Even blocking people for asking genuine questions on Twitter.

The bloke is a clown.
User avatar MartinGT
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,220
Joined: 04 Jul 2010 20:48

Re:

18 Sep 2017 10:23

Freddythefrog wrote:It is behind a paywall but the whole of the back page of the Times sports supplement today was given over to Walsh writing about Froome. Basically he knows people say his credibility is down because he supports Froome but these critics, you see, they base their judgements on prejudice and thin air - they all have no evidence whatsoever.

Not stated but the unwritten text is - the critics are just people bitten by being fans of Lance for so long and now judging Froome without any evidence because they are still sore.

So why does Walsh still think Froome's clean. Two reasons - (i) no evidence whatsoever that he doped and (ii) Dave Millar told him Froome was the real deal.

Now (in a parallel world) one could imagine Millar might have credibility and be unbiased. He doped (true), confesed (no he did not), told the authorities all about everything(no he did not), helped the authorities all he could to trap those who supported him doping and supplied him (no he did not, just like Femke, he was an evil mastermind all on his own), apologised to his teammates who he had stated were bonkers or some such (no he pretended he had never ever spoken to the press about them, destroying their credibility by playing "I am the fair anglo-saxon" card), became rider representative at WADA (true - but just look at who suported his application !) helping that highly effective body WADA deal with PED abuse in the sport (they are useless and welcome all who might be motivated to assist in selling their PR lie - yes we had it in this article - the blood passport works - too hard to ever be beaten) and low and behold Millar has now been appointed by BC to head up their program on young rider education (true).

Let's just pause a second and pull that last one apart. Shane Sutton personally appointed Millar. Again - at first sight you could say no higher endorsement could be possible. But hold on, this is the same "personal coach" of Sir Brad, who Wiggo refers to as a second dad, who told Parliament, "cross my heart and hope to die" A) he had no idea what the medical team were prescribing his star rider on the eve of the Tour, several times and b) who had no idea what was in the jiffy bag and c) in all his career had never encoutned PEDs being used by a competitor or in connection with any manager or support staff.

Now that might be quite good enough for the new Chairman of BC and the new head-hunted manager of human resources and even the new CEO, because collectively, they seem to have exactly the same amount of interest in fiding out about nefarious goings on at BC that Cookson did, but to anyone with even half a weather eye open to the history of the sport and to rider-coach relationships, it holds about as much credibility as being told by Ronnie Kray that he never bribed a policeman. Even the hypocricy of having someone who doped, did two years, had to give one medal back because "I only did it once" and so still holds his silver medal from the year before, then made it rich becasue he kept the omerta as to why Sir Dave Brailsford just happened to be having dinner with him at the time of his bust and now runs around selling days out to idiots with too much money to burn "cum ride with Dave and see the polish on my Masser" tell young riders doping obviously doesn't pay - just look at me ! Errrrrrr.......................

And then hold on a moment Mr Walsh.....not sooo fast there................this Millar chap...........apart from having a very strong vested interest in promoting himself as the patron saint of anti-doping - to cancel out that one of his past sins got exposed ..........isn't his sister "head of winning behaviours" at where is it ? I need to do some serious research .............can't be a conflict of interest can it .................where does she work.........who is she very friendly with..........whatisname.................well blow me down with a feather - it is Team Sky.

Oh and hte lack of evidence ..........what we all see before our eyes - Ventoux 2013 and the rest - well, I never reaslied it before but Froome thrashes those times the dopers like Pantani and Lance did up the mountains because he is a physical outlier. And how did he work that out, who was the physiological expert who confirmed this to him - well it is St David again, the talents of the man know no bounds, take a bow St David, BC should promote you as soon as they can.

So David Walsh tells us we are wrong and he is right becasue St David told him..................Yeah. And they accuse some in the clinic of bending facts to suit a prejudiced narrative.

It is worth the money to keep the paper just for the historic record.


Boy was that a good read as usual from FTF
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran
 
Posts: 28,711
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

18 Sep 2017 12:02

Freddy nailed it.

He is right, get a copy and keep it for future reference when Walsh is flogging the 'Seven Deadly Sky Sins' in 10 years and wave it in his face at the book signing!
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,122
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

18 Sep 2017 12:39

MartinGT wrote:I am not sure the papers or media will go toxic against Wiggins to be honest.

He seems to have alienated himself and kept his head down since all the allegations and fancy bears.

I am not on Twitter so I havent seen the Walsh / Millar love in recently.

Walsh appears to conveniently 'forgets' how US Postal Sky look at times and 'forget's that Froome is part of a team that has Leinders in its history, the who pull riders out rather than have a TUE stuff, the covering up of Edmondson etc.

The whole 'feeling sick' at Astana and Landa smashing it, the forgetting about it when Sky sign Landa. Even blocking people for asking genuine questions on Twitter.

The bloke is a clown.


Walsh actually responded on Twitter to the Landa to Sky issue. He said Brailsford had "looked in to it" and all was good :lol:

Too funny from Walsh.
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,391
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

18 Sep 2017 14:05

thehog wrote:
MartinGT wrote:I am not sure the papers or media will go toxic against Wiggins to be honest.

He seems to have alienated himself and kept his head down since all the allegations and fancy bears.

I am not on Twitter so I havent seen the Walsh / Millar love in recently.

Walsh appears to conveniently 'forgets' how US Postal Sky look at times and 'forget's that Froome is part of a team that has Leinders in its history, the who pull riders out rather than have a TUE stuff, the covering up of Edmondson etc.

The whole 'feeling sick' at Astana and Landa smashing it, the forgetting about it when Sky sign Landa. Even blocking people for asking genuine questions on Twitter.

The bloke is a clown.


Walsh actually responded on Twitter to the Landa to Sky issue. He said Brailsford had "looked in to it" and all was good :lol:

Too funny from Walsh.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar MartinGT
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,220
Joined: 04 Jul 2010 20:48

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

18 Sep 2017 14:34

thehog wrote:
MartinGT wrote:I am not sure the papers or media will go toxic against Wiggins to be honest.

He seems to have alienated himself and kept his head down since all the allegations and fancy bears.

I am not on Twitter so I havent seen the Walsh / Millar love in recently.

Walsh appears to conveniently 'forgets' how US Postal Sky look at times and 'forget's that Froome is part of a team that has Leinders in its history, the who pull riders out rather than have a TUE stuff, the covering up of Edmondson etc.

The whole 'feeling sick' at Astana and Landa smashing it, the forgetting about it when Sky sign Landa. Even blocking people for asking genuine questions on Twitter.

The bloke is a clown.


Walsh actually responded on Twitter to the Landa to Sky issue. He said Brailsford had "looked in to it" and all was good :lol:

Too funny from Walsh.


What, did Brailsfraud 'look him in the eye'?? FFS. That's a real 'trust me I'm a doctor' kind of crap. What an absolute shower.
Electress
Member
 
Posts: 1,204
Joined: 25 Aug 2014 23:40
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

18 Sep 2017 23:56

thehog wrote:
MartinGT wrote:I am not sure the papers or media will go toxic against Wiggins to be honest.

He seems to have alienated himself and kept his head down since all the allegations and fancy bears.

I am not on Twitter so I havent seen the Walsh / Millar love in recently.

Walsh appears to conveniently 'forgets' how US Postal Sky look at times and 'forget's that Froome is part of a team that has Leinders in its history, the who pull riders out rather than have a TUE stuff, the covering up of Edmondson etc.

The whole 'feeling sick' at Astana and Landa smashing it, the forgetting about it when Sky sign Landa. Even blocking people for asking genuine questions on Twitter.

The bloke is a clown.


Walsh actually responded on Twitter to the Landa to Sky issue. He said Brailsford had "looked in to it" and all was good :lol:

Too funny from Walsh.


:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ImageImageImage
heart_attack_man
Member
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 18 Feb 2013 10:29

29 Sep 2017 10:45

Comic gold from the one and only David Walsh... I can't wait for his world tour... "The World is Flat"

The case against Chris Froome is powerful in so many ways, all it lacks is evidence


He argues if people think Dan Martin is clean, why not Chris Froome!!!! And conveniently leaves out Froomes Vuelta win and his medal in the World's TT etc etc etc


If Dan Martin isn’t doping why question Froome?
http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/dan-martin-chris-froome-doping/
deeno1975
Junior Member
 
Posts: 266
Joined: 24 Feb 2014 12:49

06 Oct 2017 17:03

User avatar ruamruam
Member
 
Posts: 318
Joined: 03 Jun 2009 12:55
Location: Ireland

Re:

10 Oct 2017 04:50

Freddythefrog wrote:Oh and hte lack of evidence ..........what we all see before our eyes - Ventoux 2013 and the rest - well, I never reaslied it before but Froome thrashes those times the dopers like Pantani and Lance did up the mountains because he is a physical outlier. And how did he work that out, who was the physiological expert who confirmed this to him - well it is St David again, the talents of the man know no bounds, take a bow St David, BC should promote you as soon as they can.

So David Walsh tells us we are wrong and he is right becasue St David told him..................Yeah. And they accuse some in the clinic of bending facts to suit a prejudiced narrative.

It is worth the money to keep the paper just for the historic record.


Not to mention, that SDB is the same man who had classified him as almost good enough for a Pro-conti podium. Physical outlier, wot?

Image

Never forget.
heart_attack_man
Member
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 18 Feb 2013 10:29

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Digger, Iguana and 13 guests

Back to top