Register

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

28 Apr 2018 01:15

Fantasy comparisons are nice, but life is in real time. Maybe not: maybe for you it’s all case studies.
aphronesis
Veteran

Re: Re:

30 Apr 2018 16:43

Benotti69 wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:Iirc, he was a pretty savvy investor when he was racing. He’s probably better now than then. Depending on his portfolio - for a guy his age - he’s likely done reasonably well.
How many of the Tailwind people worked in stocks and shares? Which one was it is supposed to have made a fortune for Verbruggen in return for the backdated prescription? Funny how those who need LA to be down to peanuts forget all about this...

no need.

Someone blogged and it is not someone with no life experience either.

But pedantics needs apart.... :rolleyes:

I've said all along, Wonderboy has probably been transferring millions offshore into offshore accounts, he's certainly not stupid money wise. This entire situation has allowed him enough time to conveniently "misplace" millions elsewhere, he knew exactly what he was doing.
User avatar 86TDFWinner

30 Apr 2018 16:46

86TDFWinner wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:Iirc, he was a pretty savvy investor when he was racing. He’s probably better now than then. Depending on his portfolio - for a guy his age - he’s likely done reasonably well.
How many of the Tailwind people worked in stocks and shares? Which one was it is supposed to have made a fortune for Verbruggen in return for the backdated prescription? Funny how those who need LA to be down to peanuts forget all about this...

no need.

I've said all along, Wonderboy has probably been transferring millions offshore into offshore accounts, he's certainly not stupid money wise. This entire situation has allowed him enough time to conveniently "misplace" millions elsewhere, he knew exactly what he was doing.

Who cares what Armstrong does with his money ? It's not our concern.
yaco

30 Apr 2018 16:55

yaco wrote:
86TDFWinner wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:

no need.

Who cares what Armstrong does with his money ? It's not our concern.

:D :lol: Apparently, MANY do. You're posting in a thread about Wonderboy, some 740 pages in.
User avatar 86TDFWinner

30 Apr 2018 16:58

ebandit wrote:
Koronin wrote:
I also doubt either Lance or Floyd will go away either. I'm sure that's asking too much.

....what I hoped for most.................

Mark L

Me too
User avatar 86TDFWinner

04 May 2018 03:26

User avatar 86TDFWinner

04 May 2018 04:36

Downing shots in Miami? Scandalous. Probably some exposed arms and backs in the place as well. Legs maybe.

Not sure where I left my bonnet and knitting.....

Maybe there’s a website where you can get yourself sent a personalized “I’m sorry” ecard.

Gotta wait for the hospital room story though. Keep hope alive brother.
aphronesis
Veteran

09 May 2018 19:14

yaco wrote:Who cares what Armstrong does with his money ? It's not our concern.

I'll open Dirty's Savings and Loans because I promise, it' "a bank." I'll accept deposits under the premise I'm running "a bank." Even the regulator for "Dirty S&L" confirms I'm "a bank." I will tell the world I run the best bank and it's a real bank for years and litigate anyone who dare suggest I'm not running a bank.

Then I'll close Dirty S&L and keep the money. And then I'll have an interview with Oprah Winfrey and tell the world I was never running a real bank, never had any intention of running a real bank.

It looked like a bank. Accepted deposits like a bank. Yet closed and took your money. I can keep your money, right?

I have to figure out how to make such a fraudulent enterprise. Yaco will give me money.
User avatar DirtyWorks
Veteran

09 May 2018 19:54

Conveniently enjoying the sausage while deliberately forgetting its provenance...

Lance is just one more ingredient in the professional cycling experience. He's not even as unsavory as Saiz or Ferrari.
User avatar MarkvW
Veteran

09 May 2018 19:57

DirtyWorks wrote:
yaco wrote:Who cares what Armstrong does with his money ? It's not our concern.

I'll open Dirty's Savings and Loans because I promise, it' "a bank." I'll accept deposits under the premise I'm running "a bank." Even the regulator for "Dirty S&L" confirms I'm "a bank." I will tell the world I run the best bank and it's a real bank for years and litigate anyone who dare suggest I'm not running a bank.

Then I'll close Dirty S&L and keep the money. And then I'll have an interview with Oprah Winfrey and tell the world I was never running a real bank, never had any intention of running a real bank.

It looked like a bank. Accepted deposits like a bank. Yet closed and took your money. I can keep your money, right?

I have to figure out how to make such a fraudulent enterprise. Yaco will give me money.

:D :lol:
User avatar 86TDFWinner

10 May 2018 01:09

Has anyone else been listening to this idiot’s podcast? Mrs 42x16ss had the latest one on the other day and Lance was ranting about how QS have achieved their goals for the year and will only be pack fill for the rest of the season...

I damn near smashed something. Hopefully Viviani keeps it up in the sprints, and I’m now supporting Jungels to win the Tour just so Armstrong has to admit he’s ****ed in the head.
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

Re:

19 May 2018 20:48

42x16ss wrote:Has anyone else been listening to this idiot’s podcast? Mrs 42x16ss had the latest one on the other day and Lance was ranting about how QS have achieved their goals for the year and will only be pack fill for the rest of the season...

I damn near smashed something. Hopefully Viviani keeps it up in the sprints, and I’m now supporting Jungels to win the Tour just so Armstrong has to admit he’s ****ed in the head.

Which we've known for years and he won't admit to
User avatar 86TDFWinner

21 May 2018 03:08

jmdirt

Re:

21 May 2018 16:28

jmdirt wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vot-s5p1l5A

Thanks. That was thought-provoking.
User avatar MarkvW
Veteran

23 May 2018 10:37

I gave up at US postal never really doped much...just a couple of units of blood etc etc per tour...................

Mark L
User avatar ebandit

23 May 2018 17:21

Couldn't get in the VIP tent?

“She lost the old-fashioned way, by being a terrible candidate. Case closed.”
Beech Mtn

Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

23 May 2018 17:46

No Michelob Ultra?
User avatar thehog
Veteran

Re:

23 May 2018 19:07

ebandit wrote:I gave up at US postal never really doped much...just a couple of units of blood etc etc per tour...................

Mark L

They were highly intelligent about their doping, and the whole team was laser-focused on peaking for the Tour only.

The discussion of lactate threshold was extremely interesting, pointing out that Lance's threshold was remarkably high, while other athletes, like Phelps have a really low lactate threshold because they can clear the stuff so efficiently.

Also points out how it is healthier to ride the Tour with steroids, than to ride without.
User avatar MarkvW
Veteran

Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

23 May 2018 20:44

thehog wrote:No Michelob Ultra?

No autograph seekers? None of the other fans asking for selfies?

It's too bad Cookson isn't there. He can always be counted on for a selfie.
“She lost the old-fashioned way, by being a terrible candidate. Case closed.”
Beech Mtn

23 May 2018 23:36

MarkvW wrote:
ebandit wrote:I gave up at US postal never really doped much...just a couple of units of blood etc etc per tour...................

Mark L

They were highly intelligent about their doping, and the whole team was laser-focused on peaking for the Tour only.

The discussion of lactate threshold was extremely interesting, pointing out that Lance's threshold was remarkably high, while other athletes, like Phelps have a really low lactate threshold because they can clear the stuff so efficiently.

Also points out how it is healthier to ride the Tour with steroids, than to ride without.

Fully agree, well said.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic