Register

Wiggins, Clinic respect?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

22 Jul 2018 22:17

There isn't one piece of evidence WADA or UKAD could prosecute Sky with in DCMS report.
samhocking

22 Jul 2018 23:00

Patient-doctor confidentiality was thrown around at one time, and according to https://cyclingtips.com/2016/10/ukad-investigation-into-wiggins-cant-compel-doctor-to-reveal-nature-of-medical-package/
According to The Times, Freeman has not yet told figures at the top of British Cycling about the contents of the package. UKAD has confirmed to the newspaper that it has ‘no regulatory authority’ to compel him to give that information to its investigators.

So Freeman can say it was band-aids and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

Re:

23 Jul 2018 08:31

vedrafjord wrote:Wiggins is the one guy who's enough of a loose cannon that you could imagine him brooding in his house on a Saturday night, sinking a couple of bottles of wine, rerunning old conflicts in his head, and going online and burning the whole thing down.

This is eloquently said, I like the use of almost-cinematic imagery
Maybe so, something's got to break eventually. Wiggins' wife also has a public grudge against Froome

About the "sinister" details, such that "it's in certain people’s interest for it to get buried", that whole Wiggins quote was in the context of his own complaints about parliamentary privilege and the idea that politicians who have an axe to grind were out to ruin him personally.

My guess is there's not much to it, and he just wants to portray himself as the victim of a conspiracy, not that he's going to flip and incriminate other Sky riders with these new details
ClassicomanoLuigi

23 Jul 2018 10:56

"Eventually I will get my say and there is a lot to say. It's going to shock a few people."

This is what Wiggins has previously said about what would happen after the investigation was complete. He never did say anything of the sort.

Yet he is now threatening the same again. I think it is simply a strongly veiled message to others to zip it or he will spill more of the beans.
ontheroad

Re:

23 Jul 2018 16:30

ontheroad wrote:"Eventually I will get my say and there is a lot to say. It's going to shock a few people."

This is what Wiggins has previously said about what would happen after the investigation was complete. He never did say anything of the sort.

Yet he is now threatening the same again. I think it is simply a strongly veiled message to others to zip it or he will spill more of the beans.

I expect Sky's lawyers also have Wiggo on speed dial. :D
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

29 Oct 2018 16:18

IndianCyclist

Re: Wiggins, Clinic respect?

29 Oct 2018 16:46

Apparently he is just trolling the trolls.
:lol:
User avatar MartinGT

Re: Wiggins, Clinic respect?

30 Oct 2018 00:05

Rebel Wiggo cuts thru the shyte. He’s bang on in his characterization of Armstrong.
Alpe73

30 Oct 2018 09:10

He's correct when he says "‘normal’ certainly doesn’t win you the Tour".

Normal doesn't make the top 10. Ridiculous wins the Tour
User avatar Eyeballs Out

30 Oct 2018 09:57

He is not wrong and it's refreshing to see someone cut through the crap.

I am a doping skeptic and don't generally subscribe to "guilty until proven innocent," but I think Wiggins doped to win the TdF, and I think he was smart enough to know exactly what LA did to win it. Some of his public statements indicate (to me) that he'd like to come clean, as it were. The fact that he's softening his stance on LA seems to fit that pattern. I.E., well, HE wasn't the devil incarnate, actually, so neither am I...
Bolder

30 Oct 2018 11:49

I think now he's knocked rowing in the Olympics on the head, he's just cracking on with what he's going to do for the rest of his career and more comfortable in the public eye it seems too. Began with his weekly podcast for Eurosport, his Icons book, now he's done live commentary for 6-Days, which in my opinion is the most concise and race-aware cycling commentary i've ever heard in cycling, so if that comes over to World Tour commentary I think that's probably where he is heading. There is rumour he is also working on a documentary investigation re. his Jiffy Bag, but that would be an obvious thing to now do I would think.
samhocking

Re:

30 Oct 2018 12:54

Bolder wrote:He is not wrong and it's refreshing to see someone cut through the crap.

I am a doping skeptic and don't generally subscribe to "guilty until proven innocent," but I think Wiggins doped to win the TdF, and I think he was smart enough to know exactly what LA did to win it. Some of his public statements indicate (to me) that he'd like to come clean, as it were. The fact that he's softening his stance on LA seems to fit that pattern. I.E., well, HE wasn't the devil incarnate, actually, so neither am I...

Again Wiggo has Lance-Envy
Lance fessed up
Wiggo thinks he wants to...
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

30 Oct 2018 13:17

I'll ask him for you as I'm going to the Wiggins QA A/ Evening With Wiggins next month in Kentish Town so might put that Q in the hat, it's a good one no matter what side of the fence you stand.
samhocking

Re:

30 Oct 2018 13:25

samhocking wrote:I'll ask him for you as I'm going to the Wiggins QA A/ Evening With Wiggins next month in Kentish Town so might put that Q in the hat, it's a good one no matter what side of the fence you stand.

Can you ask him why he think's he was perfect and has a love in with him. Has he got over his nausea for him now?
User avatar MartinGT

30 Oct 2018 14:56

The book sounds like a mess. Not interested.
nayr497

Re: Re:

31 Oct 2018 10:24

MartinGT wrote:
samhocking wrote:I'll ask him for you as I'm going to the Wiggins QA A/ Evening With Wiggins next month in Kentish Town so might put that Q in the hat, it's a good one no matter what side of the fence you stand.

Can you ask him why he think's he was perfect and has a love in with him. Has he got over his nausea for him now?

If you'd read the book or even the source interview of the article, you would realise Wiggins was describing Armstrong as 'a perfect winner' because that's how Henri Desgrange described what the winner would need to be, in order to win his race 120 years ago.
samhocking

04 Nov 2018 18:47

Puckfiend

Re:

04 Nov 2018 18:59

It says something about the stupidity of Wiggins that he has released another book and put Armstrong et al up on a pedestal.

It shows that the wheel has come full circle from his original anti doping stance.

He is now a hypocrite of the highest degree, by lauding so many dopers. Might as well go knee deep in at this stage, if he survived Fancy Bears and parliament hearings reasonably unscathed in the eyes of many who simply don't care then he must feel bombproof.
ontheroad

Re:

04 Nov 2018 23:27

...and all the Sky cult are humming "La, la, la, la, la. I can't hear you!!
La, la, la, la, la." All while covering their eyes.
User avatar Angliru
Veteran

05 Nov 2018 09:51

let it go floyd.................let it go..

i have little time for floyd ..complains about being tagged 'disgraced cyclist' yet chooses

to judge others

wiggo's book is crap...that's a given anyone actually read the book? or are members

responding to CN clickbait headlines that seldom convey the whole

i abhor lance the cyclist but even i can't ignore the obvious he did have something special

turning up year on year and leaving the best of he rest...................
User avatar ebandit

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic