Register

Dr Steve Peters - Is he really just a confidence trickster?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

28 Dec 2014 10:14

del1962 wrote:What someone doing well in a nation that barely knows the game, a basic rudimentary understanding of tactics like when to pass and move, how to play the offside trap and knowing a trick like the Cruyff turn and the A-Leaguie is yours, bit like a Sunday morning pub league

our national coach will be head coach of a major team in Europe in the future. Ang Postecoglou has ability. Top 5 club in EPL skills.

but apart from that, soccer here is epitomy of mediocrity
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

28 Dec 2014 10:18

Port Adelaide is an aussie rules club mate.
Ferminal
Veteran

28 Dec 2014 10:21

Ferminal wrote:Davis was at Del Monte?

Agreed he could have been better but ultimately he seemed unwilling to run his program himself.

think he was in Varese at u23 in the road program, after it moved from Salzwedal in Bremen or whichever German city AIS-Giant was based. google says based in Cottbus. with Heiko #geniusHeiko
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

28 Dec 2014 13:43

Yeh but Varese is linked to Mapei Centre, and everyone knows u23s don't dope, so cleans. Heiko, who knows.
Ferminal
Veteran

28 Dec 2014 23:59

Ferminal wrote:Yeh but Varese is linked to Mapei Centre, and everyone knows u23s don't dope, so cleans. Heiko, who knows.

Heiko was East German school. no doubt he knows how the sausage is made. but he was the founder of the Australian wave in Europe.

skippy did it a generation before, same with Peiper and a few others sleeping underneath the stands at velodromes in Belgium
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

29 Dec 2014 03:41

blackcat wrote:our national coach will be head coach of a major team in Europe in the future. Ang Postecoglou has ability. Top 5 club in EPL skills.

but apart from that, soccer here is epitomy of mediocrity

Don't know how you can say that.

Lets see how he does in the Asian Cup. I can think of many Championship and League One managers who have shown more potential than him.

The same stuff was said about Bob Bradley with the US and look what happenned him with Egypt in a World Cup play-off.

Anyway, I thought Popovic was regarded as the best coach in Australia. Interestingly linked with Palace today.
User avatar gooner

29 Dec 2014 04:50

gooner wrote:Don't know how you can say that.

Lets see how he does in the Asian Cup. I can think of many Championship and League One managers who have shown more potential than him.

The same stuff was said about Bob Bradley with the US and look what happenned him with Egypt in a World Cup play-off.

Anyway, I thought Popovic was regarded as the best coach in Australia. Interestingly linked with Palace today.

Palace not the "major" qua major

Ang is the man. Hear from the rival coaches at the World Cup this year. They know what they are talking about. He took a rag-tag bunch on minor leaguers, to compete with the big-boys
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

16 Mar 2017 20:44

Bump because Edmonson. This guy has built quite the palmares. Go the inner chimp!
slowup_fastdown

16 Mar 2017 21:18

Did I read somewhere that Peters is a masters sprint cyclist himself and rumoured to like a bit of the sauce himself?
budegan

Re:

16 Mar 2017 22:13

budegan wrote:Did I read somewhere that Peters is a masters sprint cyclist himself and rumoured to like a bit of the sauce himself?

He is multiple world masters athletics champion.

We have thread on masters doping.......well Peters has to be clean, i mean he worked for BC and Sky, has to be clean :lol:
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re: Re:

16 Mar 2017 23:30

Benotti69 wrote:
budegan wrote:Did I read somewhere that Peters is a masters sprint cyclist himself and rumoured to like a bit of the sauce himself?

We have thread on masters doping.......well Peters has to be clean, i mean he worked for BC and Sky, has to be clean :lol:

Whatever he might do wrong, rest assured its not his fault, it's just his pesky and unruly inner chimp that's to blame :lol:

(Nothing in cycling pisses me off quite as much as that appalling, moronically ill-conceived babble and dross of a book. Troop Moons and the Planet of Shadows and Asteroid Belt. FFS.)
Electress

Re: Re:

17 Mar 2017 00:26

Benotti69 wrote:

:

So now we know where the Kenalog and test patches went?
Jacques (7 ch)

17 Mar 2017 05:05

And there we go down the rabbit hole. While Peters is dirty, he appears to be the sacrificial lamb the MPs want. Ugh. Maybe more threads to be pulled?
The poster formerly known as yespatterns.
User avatar GraftPunk

Previous

Return to The Clinic