Log in:  

Register

Brits don't dope?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

19 May 2018 16:04

Alexandre B. wrote:A guy who improved his climbing level by leaps and bounds versus a guy who drastically improved his form from one day to the other.

Isn't that grand?


Let's not forget both suffer from asthma, disease of the champions.
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,530
Joined: 11 May 2013 10:59

Re: Brits don't dope?

19 May 2018 18:00

Two British asthma patients 1 and 2 on the toughest climb in Europe!

You can only imagine how good they would have been without this terrible hindrance
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran
 
Posts: 24,003
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 23:52
Location: Roermond, the Netherlands

Re: Brits don't dope?

19 May 2018 21:26

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Two British asthma patients 1 and 2 on the toughest climb in Europe!

You can only imagine how good they would have been without this terrible hindrance


Can you imagine if Merckx had asthma !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,516
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

Re: Brits don't dope?

19 May 2018 21:56

Benotti69 wrote:
Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Two British asthma patients 1 and 2 on the toughest climb in Europe!

You can only imagine how good they would have been without this terrible hindrance


Can you imagine if Merckx had asthma !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As well as his dodgy heart and mesed up back?
User avatar fmk_RoI
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,789
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 07:31

Re: Brits don't dope?

19 May 2018 22:09

Look at this picture and tell me it's not a coincidence. Prince Harry with Froome and Simon Yates. Wheels within wheels people. Wheels within wheels.

Image
Parker
Member
 
Posts: 1,637
Joined: 04 Mar 2011 01:20

Re: Brits don't dope?

20 May 2018 15:29

Parker wrote:Look at this picture and tell me it's not a coincidence. Prince Harry with Froome and Simon Yates. Wheels within wheels people. Wheels within wheels.

Image



Harry needs a straight leg jean. It’s all wrong how the cut flows over his boots.
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 21,481
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

10 Jun 2018 12:53

The freak show continues.
User avatar Alexandre B.
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,589
Joined: 10 Feb 2015 20:04
Location: Paris, France

10 Jun 2018 12:56

Well today the walsh mountain goat showed signs of weakness...
EroicaStradeBianche
Junior Member
 
Posts: 198
Joined: 01 Oct 2016 20:20

05 Aug 2018 12:09

Laura Kenny back smashing it. Child, what child.
User avatar MartinGT
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,760
Joined: 04 Jul 2010 20:48

Re:

05 Aug 2018 18:36

MartinGT wrote:Laura Kenny back smashing it. Child, what child.

So what you are saying women shouldn't be competitive after child birth?


wrong century it seems
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,418
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

Re: Re:

05 Aug 2018 18:54

rick james wrote:
MartinGT wrote:Laura Kenny back smashing it. Child, what child.

So what you are saying women shouldn't be competitive after child birth?


wrong century it seems


So soon after a child? Did you see the elimination race? She didnt just win, she destroyed everyone. I suppose having a child is nothing eh? Did you hear her interview after? Her child hadnt slept well etc, the normal things that usually have an effect on day to day people, but I suppose in 2018 thats nothing and I should tell my friends who looks shattered etc they're in the wrong century.
User avatar MartinGT
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,760
Joined: 04 Jul 2010 20:48

Re: Re:

05 Aug 2018 19:05

MartinGT wrote:
rick james wrote:
MartinGT wrote:Laura Kenny back smashing it. Child, what child.

So what you are saying women shouldn't be competitive after child birth?


wrong century it seems


So soon after a child? Did you see the elimination race? She didnt just win, she destroyed everyone. I suppose having a child is nothing eh? Did you hear her interview after? Her child hadnt slept well etc, the normal things that usually have an effect on day to day people, but I suppose in 2018 thats nothing and I should tell my friends who looks shattered etc they're in the wrong century.

So soon? The child was born a year ago.
Parker
Member
 
Posts: 1,637
Joined: 04 Mar 2011 01:20

Re: Brits don't dope?

05 Aug 2018 21:12

Apologies I'm still living in 1672.
User avatar MartinGT
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,760
Joined: 04 Jul 2010 20:48

Re: Brits don't dope?

11 Aug 2018 02:51

thehog wrote:
[url=<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=2261093#p2261093</span>]Parker[/url] wrote:Look at this picture and tell me it's not a coincidence. Prince Harry with Froome and Simon Yates. Wheels within wheels people. Wheels within wheels.

[img]<span%20class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://i.imgur.com/cRgnTsB.png</span>[/img]



Harry needs a straight leg jean. It’s all wrong how the cut flows over his boots.
Parker wrote:Look at this picture and tell me it's not a coincidence. Prince Harry with Froome and Simon Yates. Wheels within wheels people. Wheels within wheels.

Image


I'm just so inescapably in love with Froomy?

https://youtu.be/_zMN-MBO10I
User avatar TubularBills
Member
 
Posts: 962
Joined: 15 Sep 2010 04:17
Location: Guest

Re: Brits don't dope?

11 Sep 2018 18:40

So UK has become the new hub for creating GT/Week long/Classics/stage winners........

If Yates wins La Vuelta, the new precedent set for UK riders is to win all 3 GT in one year...... :eek: :eek the new normal?
... and YES, Spaniards, Italians, Belgians have done it in the past, but because UK not having that historic tradition in the sport this new achievement keeps adding up to the distrust in the UK riders, given the fact that all the grand wins started happening once SKY in combination with the UK bicycling program under Brailsford was created.....

UKAD must be happy knowing all its riders are "clean" and smashing it across the globe :D
User avatar hfer07
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,692
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 15:43

Re: Brits don't dope?

11 Sep 2018 19:33

hfer07 wrote:So UK has become the new hub for creating GT/Week long/Classics/stage winners........

If Yates wins La Vuelta, the new precedent set for UK riders is to win all 3 GT in one year...... :eek: :eek the new normal?
... and YES, Spaniards, Italians, Belgians have done it in the past, but because UK not having that historic tradition in the sport this new achievement keeps adding up to the distrust in the UK riders, given the fact that all the grand wins started happening once SKY in combination with the UK bicycling program under Brailsford was created.....

UKAD must be happy knowing all its riders are "clean" and smashing it across the globe :D

Have they?

I can only trace two occasions in history where one nation swept all 3 GTs, although there are a few occasions of one nation sweeping the Giro and Tour before the Vuelta existed, and indeed the Vuelta was very much a poor relation until the early 80s, or the mid 90s depending on your stance (it's still the runt of the GT litter to this day but has clearly increased its standing, if not to parity then at least somewhere in the same ballpark, whereas back in the 60s and 70s it was essentially the 'other' three week race and actively biased itself against Spanish riders in an attempt to make the race more internationally recognised).

Those are 1964, when Poulidor won the Vuelta and then Anquetil won the Giro and Tour, and 2008, when Contador won the Giro, then Sastre won the Tour, then Contador won the Vuelta. There are other examples of three in a row for a country but never in the same year (e.g. Merckx 1970 Giro and Tour, Bracke 1971 Vuelta; and when the Vuelta was cancelled in 1949 that allowed the Italians to win four GTs on the bounce - two Giri and two Tours. There's also Merckx and Hinault winning everything within a 12 month period, of course, and with Froome being allowed to keep his 2017 Vuelta he joins that roster.

But if Yates were to hold on to win the Vuelta, this would mark the first time in the history of cycling that one nation would win all three Grand Tours in the same year, with three different riders and the first time in history that the same nation won five back to back Grand Tours (Spain has managed 5/6 before, over 2008 and 2009, but Menchov interrupted that run in the Giro). However, before we get ahead of ourselves, let's let him actually achieve that first.
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,644
Joined: 20 Feb 2010 11:54
Location: Land of Saíz

11 Sep 2018 19:40

one is African....you know folk like to keep telling us he's a magic Kenyan
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,418
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

Re:

11 Sep 2018 20:01

rick james wrote:one is African....you know folk like to keep telling us he's a magic Kenyan

Reminds me of a joke, a Kenyan, Welshman and an Englishman walk into a bar..what can I get you asks the barman, a Giro, Tour and a Vuelta thank you. No problem. Accept the fact peoples, the Brits are just exercising their God given right of superiority. Yes, this is a troll post but unfortunately so many of the Brit defenders on here actually deep down believe that crap.
User avatar ferryman
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,169
Joined: 30 Dec 2009 23:43
Location: LostinFife

Re:

11 Sep 2018 20:08

rick james wrote:one is African....you know folk like to keep telling us he's a magic Kenyan

:D
Hence he's a Brit enhanced by "Kenyan magic powers" :D
User avatar hfer07
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,692
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 15:43

14 Sep 2018 21:37

Britons win 5* GTs in a row. All cleans of course.


*unless Yates collapses tomorrow.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,516
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: King Boonen and 21 guests

Back to top