Register

Brits don't dope?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: Re:

29 Mar 2017 04:39

Dan2016 wrote:
Irondan wrote:
Dan2016 wrote:
blackcat wrote:
Dan2016 wrote:
Banishings don't achieve anything, other than for appearances only. So why not be novel instead?
Get rid of Strict Liability banishings. Get rid of all banishings. My floral dress and bowler hat punishment was obviously facetious but you could do something in that spirit, like stop him using tri-bars, not officially register his time etc. Either way, it's socially inclusive punishment. The pariah thing is unnecessary. Let the guy continue racing if he wants to, at that level it's a social thing more than anything.

can you google translate English > Clockwork Orange?

Yarbles?

Pretty polly pretty polly
Babooshcka Lizzy

(I've no idea what you're on about blackcat :D A cryptic reference to rehab hypocrisy I'm guessing?)

Only a privileged few truly understand the teachings of la pussie noir, apparently you're not one of them (for that matter neither am I). :)

:D

he's testing us testing him. it's zeno's paradox game theory babooshka dolls innit. babushka babooshka alliterationz

#zeno's_babooshka

kingjr wrote:Don't forget the parakeets

the bowler hats. (film)

<bowler hat emoji>
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

29 Mar 2017 06:41

blackcat wrote:
the bowler hats. (film)

<bowler hat emoji>

:)

I thoughted thou were being more cryptical - punishments and conformity.

Banishings are yarbles...
A lot to do with pretty polly

(Come and get one in the yarbles...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdgFsCAgkAg)
Dan2016

13 Jun 2017 10:58

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/timeline-of-ukad-investigation-into-team-sky-and-british-cycling/

Where are we with this prolonged nvestigation and will the select hearing re-convene and call up Richard Freeman now that parliament is on the verge of re-assembling?
ontheroad

Re:

13 Jun 2017 11:10

ontheroad wrote:http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/timeline-of-ukad-investigation-into-team-sky-and-british-cycling/

Where are we with this prolonged nvestigation and will the select hearing re-convene and call up Richard Freeman now that parliament is on the verge of re-assembling?

The committee dissolved once parliament went to election, the committee will not continue unless restarted with new members and a new chair.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

13 Jun 2017 12:07

thehog wrote:
ontheroad wrote:http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/timeline-of-ukad-investigation-into-team-sky-and-british-cycling/

The committee dissolved once parliament went to election, the committee will not continue unless restarted with new members and a new chair.

So what you are saying is that the committee's work could yet be left unfinished? After Richard's Freeman's last submissions we were left with more questions than answers, I would have thought it in the public interest to at least recall him for a hearing to give his side of the story after Brailsford, Sutton and Cope basically said 'you will need to ask Richard'.
ontheroad

13 Jun 2017 12:26

ontheroad wrote:
thehog wrote:

So what you are saying is that the committee's work could yet be left unfinished? After Richard's Freeman's last submissions we were left with more questions than answers, I would have thought it in the public interest to at least recall him for a hearing to give his side of the story after Brailsford, Sutton and Cope basically said 'you will need to ask Richard'.

I fear we are not really going to get to the bottom of this at all.
Forgive me for being tired and not looking up article, but isn't Freeman going to keep his position with maybe a few minor changes. Thanks.
User avatar veganrob

13 Jun 2017 12:49

ontheroad wrote:
thehog wrote:

Unless the committee is reformed that's the end of it. Freeman gave written evidence due of his ill health. The committee was working towards producing a report on funding and doping in sport. That report may not see the light of day, although the comiteee did conclude their report on the FAA.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

13 Jun 2017 13:07

thehog wrote:
ontheroad wrote:
thehog wrote:

Unless the committee is reformed that's the end of it. Freeman gave written evidence due of his ill health. The committee was working towards producing a report on funding and doping in sport. That report may not see the light of day, although the comiteee did conclude their report on the FAA.

I can't imagine all of those independent investigative journalists and media out there will be satisfied with the explanations given to date!!

So we just have to take their word that Wiggins got a packet of Fluimacil and all of the Sky staff were on corticosteroids!! And Sir Brad won the tour pan y agua. Basically nobody seen anything or knew anything.
ontheroad

13 Jun 2017 13:21

ontheroad wrote:
thehog wrote:
ontheroad wrote:
thehog wrote:

I can't imagine all of those independent investigative journalists and media out there will be satisfied with the explanations given to date!!

So we just have to take their word that Wiggins got a packet of Fluimacil and all of the Sky staff were on corticosteroids!! And Sir Brad won the tour pan y agua. Basically nobody seen anything or knew anything.

The UKAD investigation is still in flight, however we all know what happens to UKAD Investgations when there is no oversight.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

Re: Brits don't dope?

15 Jun 2017 15:45

Wasn't Wiggins going to 'shock' people with his say after the investiagtion was over?

Well, it's over so come on Bradley...... :rolleyes:
User avatar MartinGT

19 Jun 2017 12:34

MartinGT wrote:Wasn't Wiggins going to 'shock' people with his say after the investiagtion was over?

Well, it's over so come on Bradley...... :rolleyes:

Indeed, this is what he said back in March.

“It’s been horrible,” Wiggins said of the case. “But fortunately there is an investigation going on.

“It’s the worst thing to be accused of when you’re a man of my integrity, if you like, what I believe anyway, and what I’ve done to get where I am today.

“Fortunately there’s an investigation and I obviously can’t say too much because that will run its course and then I’ll have my say.

“There’s a lot to say and it’s going to shock a few people.”

Although at the speed that the UKAD investigation appears to be proceeding at, it looks like Wiggins will be in his forties before he is able to shock us!!
ontheroad

10 Jul 2017 18:53

UK Anti-Doping‏ @ukantidoping 2h2 hours ago

1/2 you can't measure prevalence by the no. of tests & no. of ADRVs. No one knows, or will ever know, the true figure.

2/2 What is important is that the vast majority of British athletes compete clean. Their voices and stories need to be heard.

No one knows, or will ever know, the true figure......vast majority of British athletes compete clean

Such BS.

Anit-doping more PR than anything of substance. This is the JV playbook. Avoid giving accurate info that you can be called on later. Obfuscate and confuse.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

10 Jul 2017 18:57

UKAD are taking a hammering on twitter.
Some names I knew before, but plenty I didn't.
User avatar Catwhoorg

Re:

10 Jul 2017 20:28

Catwhoorg wrote:UKAD are taking a hammering on twitter.
Some names I knew before, but plenty I didn't.

Those giving the hammering or taking it?
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

11 Jul 2017 11:46

Giving.

I am trying to compose my thoughts on rugby, condensing it down to a couple of tweets.

Today I pointed out London Retests, UKAD missed a bunch of positives the first time.
User avatar Catwhoorg

Re:

11 Jul 2017 12:43

Catwhoorg wrote:Today I pointed out London Retests, UKAD missed a bunch of positives the first time.

nice one.
sniper
Veteran

12 Jul 2017 08:26

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/athletics/2017/07/12/inside-top-security-world-sports-drug-squad-special-report/

You might think UKAD are trying to get a bit of positive PR for themselves out there. Nevertheless not a bad read.

NIce of the paper to remind readers about Mo's doorbell.
Jacques (7 ch)

13 Jul 2017 14:23

Watching Stage 12 of the TDF, seeing Cummings solo off the front and the brave Sky contingent stomping the life out of all contenders, I thank my stars that cycling has been rescued by the Brits . . . showing the barbarians how it's done properly, with the right training and wholesome nutrition, knowing how to warm down, proper stretching technique, watching those doorknobs, all cleans, all pure.
JosephK

14 Jul 2017 07:20

...but? how many brits were involved here.................even froomester is only an 'honorary brit

.............and not to myself

Mark L'
User avatar ebandit

Re:

14 Jul 2017 07:36

ebandit wrote:...but? how many brits were involved here.................even froomester is only an 'honorary brit

.............and not to myself

Mark L'

:lol: A bit like Konta in the Tennis! Mind you with the whitewashing she got yesterday she will be back being an Aussie
User avatar MartinGT

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic