Register

Pulling a Wiggins

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re:

07 Mar 2017 18:50

bigcog wrote:
Freeman, who had been due to appear yesterday but is suffering from a stress-related illness, claimed the package had been a decongestant, Fluimucil, which is available over the counter, while UKAD said it had received a tip-off it was Triamcinolone, a corticosteroid.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/other-sports/leading-figures-at-british-cycling-and-team-sky-could-lose-jobs-after-probe-warns-damian-collins-mp-a3480131.html

When did this become common knowledge about UKAD receiving this tip off about the package ? Who would be privy to that sort of info ? Are there any retrospective tests that can be done on blood/urine for triamcinolone assuming the samples are still around ?

The whistleblower gave this information to Lawton who could not publish it for legal reasons - My guess is the whistleblower gave this information to UKAD - Of course UKAD has to prove it was triamcinoline - A difficult case for UKAD.
yaco

Re:

07 Mar 2017 19:06

Dan2016 wrote:Just being light-hearted Dan, didn't mean it as a genuine critique. I probs should've used a smiley or hashtag or somesuch. The speculation is all good banter.
Divorce rates are at a record high in the UK by the way, I think it's something like 60 - 70% don't make it past a 10 year sentence, I mean the 10 year mark. :)

42% per the most recent figures, and trending down. Lowest rates since the 70s.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/12011714/Divorce-rate-at-lowest-level-in-40-years-after-cohabitation-revolution.html
User avatar Catwhoorg

Re: Re:

07 Mar 2017 19:07

yaco wrote:
bigcog wrote:
Freeman, who had been due to appear yesterday but is suffering from a stress-related illness, claimed the package had been a decongestant, Fluimucil, which is available over the counter, while UKAD said it had received a tip-off it was Triamcinolone, a corticosteroid.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/other-sports/leading-figures-at-british-cycling-and-team-sky-could-lose-jobs-after-probe-warns-damian-collins-mp-a3480131.html

When did this become common knowledge about UKAD receiving this tip off about the package ? Who would be privy to that sort of info ? Are there any retrospective tests that can be done on blood/urine for triamcinolone assuming the samples are still around ?

The whistleblower gave this information to Lawton who could not publish it for legal reasons - My guess is the whistleblower gave this information to UKAD - Of course UKAD has to prove it was triamcinoline - A difficult case for UKAD.

far easier for United Kingdom Common Sense however.... :)
gillan1969

07 Mar 2017 21:07

Dan2016 wrote:
blackcat wrote:
Dan2016 wrote:(snipped for brevity)

Very interesting reading about the Wigg's improvement timeline. Didn't realise it was so dramatic, always thought it was more gradual.

he was an ordinary prologue and tt rider for his first decade

Yeah I somehow had the impression he was making gradual progress. Probably unwittingly brainwashed by the cycling press in the UK, the sycophantic coverage at the time was never-ending.

may have won a l'avenir prologue when he was about 23, won a four days of dunkirk tt or some $hit small race in inimitable parlance of Cav. may have beaten saul raisin on a stage in l'avenir. could not peel skin off custard for his first decade in the pros since Linda Macartney tv dinners. and they probably ate meat.
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

Re: Pulling a Wiggins

28 Jun 2017 19:37

Stingray34 wrote:This isn't going away, in fact, it's escalating: I'm going to call it -

*Froome will be made to sit-out the 2017 Tour

not happening
pastronef

29 Jun 2017 12:44

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/geraint-thomas-bradley-wiggins-still-has-questions-to-answer/

Geezus says Wiggins needs to start talking ... might not be a good idea. :D
Rød pølse - Breakfast of Champions!
User avatar Robert5091

29 Jun 2017 16:31

Robert5091 wrote:http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/geraint-thomas-bradley-wiggins-still-has-questions-to-answer/

Would be perfect timing if he was persuaded.
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

29 Jun 2017 16:44

Robert5091 wrote:http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/geraint-thomas-bradley-wiggins-still-has-questions-to-answer/

but the omerta :lol:
rick james

29 Jun 2017 17:15

rick james wrote:

Sad deflection.

Wiggins has peed and shat on nearly everyone so it is called revenge.

Wonder did Wiggins stiff Geraint some bonus money........
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

30 Jun 2017 17:52

Irondan wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:I see Team Wiggins are offering up to 60% of kits.........

:)

I had to restrain myself from buying this:

I still might (such a good deal!) because here in the US people still wear US Postal/Livestrong kits without shame, so I could probably get away with it... :D

Now there is a spiffy new special edition automobile to complement that good looking Rapha WIGGINS jersey.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/hyundai/santa-fe/96127/hyundai-santa-fe-celebrates-team-wiggins-partnership
User avatar oldcrank

30 Jun 2017 22:44

Benotti69 wrote:
rick james wrote:

Sad deflection.

Wiggins has peed and shat on nearly everyone so it is called revenge.

Wonder did Wiggins stiff Geraint some bonus money........

Yep, getting the defence in early for the inevitable rest day presser when the jiffy questions get asked.
Electress

30 Jun 2017 22:51

Wiggins talking about Indoor Rowing at Tokyo Olympics and a gold medal.

"I took up rowing when I retired just to keep fit, but my numbers started getting quite good, so I've started taking it up professionally now and getting coached seven days a week,"

"I'm going to see how far I can take it. Maybe a sixth Olympic gold?"

He obviously did not fall out with his doctors :D
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

05 Aug 2017 11:39

BBC have already fallen out of love with Wiggins.

BBC 5 live @5liveSport

"Sir @Mo_Farah - THE greatest British athlete of all time"

Bet that hurt SBW.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

05 Aug 2017 18:11

I think Farah has some things going for him that Wiggins can't have.
kingjr

06 Aug 2017 10:26

Cycling legend Bradley Wiggins is flogging his luxury motorhome for £50k

The luxury motor has “Wiggo” stitched on the headrests, red, white and blue leather seats, as well as a Union flag emblazoned centre console.

The 2014 motor has been covered in a removable navy Team Wiggins wrap.

Dealer Phil Humphries told the Daily Star Sunday: “It was only used in one competition.

“It cost double what we are currently selling it for and would make a great collector’s item or daily driver.”

The van, which has just 4,000 miles on the clock, is fitted with a bed, cooker and a fridge.

It has a huge storage area at the back, which was originally used to hold Sir Bradley’s bikes and all his associated cycling equipment.
linketylink
User avatar fmk_RoI

06 Aug 2017 12:46

The second Team Sky camper used in 2010/11 & 12 Tour de France sold on ebay a couple of years ago.
samhocking

15 Aug 2017 15:59

:cool: love it!

CN: There was the mystery package delivery to Wiggins and the TUE issue with Sky as well. (Landis pivots the question to address the 'mistaken' shipment of testosterone that Team Sky and British Cycling doctor Richard Freeman received at the Manchester Velodrome in 2011).

Landis: They tried to claim that in the middle of all this, that just by coincidence some pharmacy mailed a bunch of testosterone to their headquarters, and that was purely an accident.

Has that ever happened to you? Have you ever just received a bunch of testosterone? Yeah, me neither. Well, not when I wasn't ordering it.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

Previous

Return to The Clinic