Register

Pulling a Wiggins

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, peloton, Eshnar, Red Rick, King Boonen, Tonton, Pricey_sky

Re:

07 Mar 2017 18:50

bigcog wrote:
Freeman, who had been due to appear yesterday but is suffering from a stress-related illness, claimed the package had been a decongestant, Fluimucil, which is available over the counter, while UKAD said it had received a tip-off it was Triamcinolone, a corticosteroid.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/other-sports/leading-figures-at-british-cycling-and-team-sky-could-lose-jobs-after-probe-warns-damian-collins-mp-a3480131.html

When did this become common knowledge about UKAD receiving this tip off about the package ? Who would be privy to that sort of info ? Are there any retrospective tests that can be done on blood/urine for triamcinolone assuming the samples are still around ?

The whistleblower gave this information to Lawton who could not publish it for legal reasons - My guess is the whistleblower gave this information to UKAD - Of course UKAD has to prove it was triamcinoline - A difficult case for UKAD.
yaco

Re:

07 Mar 2017 19:06

Dan2016 wrote:Just being light-hearted Dan, didn't mean it as a genuine critique. I probs should've used a smiley or hashtag or somesuch. The speculation is all good banter.
Divorce rates are at a record high in the UK by the way, I think it's something like 60 - 70% don't make it past a 10 year sentence, I mean the 10 year mark. :)

42% per the most recent figures, and trending down. Lowest rates since the 70s.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/12011714/Divorce-rate-at-lowest-level-in-40-years-after-cohabitation-revolution.html
User avatar Catwhoorg

Re: Re:

07 Mar 2017 19:07

yaco wrote:
bigcog wrote:
Freeman, who had been due to appear yesterday but is suffering from a stress-related illness, claimed the package had been a decongestant, Fluimucil, which is available over the counter, while UKAD said it had received a tip-off it was Triamcinolone, a corticosteroid.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/other-sports/leading-figures-at-british-cycling-and-team-sky-could-lose-jobs-after-probe-warns-damian-collins-mp-a3480131.html

When did this become common knowledge about UKAD receiving this tip off about the package ? Who would be privy to that sort of info ? Are there any retrospective tests that can be done on blood/urine for triamcinolone assuming the samples are still around ?

The whistleblower gave this information to Lawton who could not publish it for legal reasons - My guess is the whistleblower gave this information to UKAD - Of course UKAD has to prove it was triamcinoline - A difficult case for UKAD.

far easier for United Kingdom Common Sense however.... :)
gillan1969

Re: Re:

07 Mar 2017 21:07

Dan2016 wrote:
blackcat wrote:
Dan2016 wrote:(snipped for brevity)

Very interesting reading about the Wigg's improvement timeline. Didn't realise it was so dramatic, always thought it was more gradual.

he was an ordinary prologue and tt rider for his first decade

Yeah I somehow had the impression he was making gradual progress. Probably unwittingly brainwashed by the cycling press in the UK, the sycophantic coverage at the time was never-ending.

may have won a l'avenir prologue when he was about 23, won a four days of dunkirk tt or some $hit small race in inimitable parlance of Cav. may have beaten saul raisin on a stage in l'avenir. could not peel skin off custard for his first decade in the pros since Linda Macartney tv dinners. and they probably ate meat.
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

Previous

Return to The Clinic