Register

Peter Sagan

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Peter Sagan

02 Apr 2014 05:40

His performances should be raising some eyebrows. He is way stronger than the rest of the classics riders dropping all but a team mate on a little climb and then deciding who wins.
nevada

02 Apr 2014 06:09

He did the same last year
Still couldn't hold Cancellara's wheel in the Ronde
User avatar Gung Ho Gun

02 Apr 2014 06:26

yeah, it's not like he's come out of cycling obscurity and crushing everyone....he's been riding super strong in many Classics for a few seasons now.....doesn't mean he's cleans - ;)

Canc for the win this weekend.
User avatar JackRabbitSlims

02 Apr 2014 06:44

Gung Ho Gun wrote:He did the same last year
Still couldn't hold Cancellara's wheel in the Ronde

The battle of the superhumans:

vs

I'm going with Hulk this time.
Dazed and Confused
Veteran

02 Apr 2014 07:32

Letters to and from the pro peloton. twitter | blog
User avatar Dear Wiggo
Veteran

02 Apr 2014 09:18

I don't think Sagan's performances stink of being doped. I sincerely hope he is just awesome!
Looking at last year, if he was doped, then he should have been a force in AGR, but he was already toasted by then.
NUFCrichard

02 Apr 2014 10:41

yesterday he was unbelievable. All the others were blowing out their ar5es and he was breathing with his mouth closed, dropped everyone on the climb and then deciding who wins.
nevada

02 Apr 2014 13:02

Super Peter! Love him! At the line in the 3 days de Panne day One, he basically outclassed everyone that was vying for the finish with him And wanting to give the victory to his teammate Gatto, he even went so far as to feather his brakes just as they were about to hit the line. As far as I'm concerned he's the Renaissance Man! Go PETER!!
nowhereman

02 Apr 2014 13:04

Lkquigas Cannondale is one of several traditional doping teams in present day clean cycling withtraditional doping docs and dss and a traditional doping mentality. How do they survive in a peloton where dopers are ostracized?

There isnt a whole lot more to say wrt cannondale and doping.
sit down, enjoy and acknowledge sagan,s superior physique and mental toughness.
sniper
Veteran

02 Apr 2014 13:11

IMO Peter shows what is possible with superb physical gifts and a solid "preparation". Shows up some of these other donkeysthat just have preparation.
ralphbert

02 Apr 2014 13:18

sniper wrote:Lkquigas Cannondale is one of several traditional doping teams in present day clean cycling withtraditional doping docs and dss and a traditional doping mentality. How do they survive in a peloton where dopers are ostracized?

There isnt a whole lot more to say wrt cannondale and doping.
sit down, enjoy and acknowledge sagan,s superior physique and mental toughness.

That's one of the reasons i get annoyed with JV...

He says that the cool kids don't dope and that it's just not accepted anymore...but the evidence says otherwise.
Doping died with Lance.
Digger

02 Apr 2014 14:03

NUFCrichard wrote:I don't think Sagan's performances stink of being doped. I sincerely hope he is just awesome!
Looking at last year, if he was doped, then he should have been a force in AGR, but he was already toasted by then.

Don't worry, he is just awesome. :D But a rider can be awesome and dope at the same time.
User avatar Afrank
Veteran

02 Apr 2014 14:12

peter just makes racing look easy. On last years stage in Black diamond during the Tour of Alberta i watched him riding behind the peloton beside his team car for around 20 minutes. He was mostly just chatting with his DS riding beside the car. He was in the wind and it looked so easy for him. While he played a roll in almost every stage he certainly didn't win every stage yet you got a sense he could have That stage was won by Cadel Evans who really was driving the breakaway. That was unusual to see him working so hard and not playing for GC.
In the final in Calgary the last circuits were crazy fast with so many turns yet Sagan found a way to come from like 8th or 10th place to win in the last 100 meters taking the last corner much faster than anyone else. Where he got the traction to corner faster than the lead out guys? This guy is just an extension of the bike. Fabulous talent.
User avatar Master50

02 Apr 2014 14:57

hes todays Ricco.
nevada

02 Apr 2014 15:05

Master50 wrote:peter just makes racing look easy. On last years stage in Black diamond during the Tour of Alberta i watched him riding behind the peloton beside his team car for around 20 minutes. He was mostly just chatting with his DS riding beside the car. He was in the wind and it looked so easy for him. While he played a roll in almost every stage he certainly didn't win every stage yet you got a sense he could have That stage was won by Cadel Evans who really was driving the breakaway. That was unusual to see him working so hard and not playing for GC.
In the final in Calgary the last circuits were crazy fast with so many turns yet Sagan found a way to come from like 8th or 10th place to win in the last 100 meters taking the last corner much faster than anyone else. Where he got the traction to corner faster than the lead out guys? This guy is just an extension of the bike. Fabulous talent.

You nailed it with the last stage of the Tour of Alberta. One of the best examples of cornering I've ever seen (sadly I missed it live, I was watching 3 blocks away with my young kids in a less busy part of the circuit).

Doping aside, he is an incredible talent on the bike. Some of his trick riding highlight reels on youtube are also pretty impressive.
WinterRider

02 Apr 2014 17:54

I find it weird that almost nobody cares and posts about non-GT riders except Cancellara, I really like to find the reason behind this
burning

02 Apr 2014 18:11

burning wrote:I find it weird that almost nobody cares and posts about non-GT riders except Cancellara, I really like to find the reason behind this

I find it weird that nobody ever turns up positive during classics season.
User avatar IzzyStradlin

02 Apr 2014 18:15

IzzyStradlin wrote:I find it weird that nobody ever turns up positive during classics season.

Stuart O'Grady only doped once and that was for the tour.
del1962
Veteran

02 Apr 2014 18:17

IzzyStradlin wrote:I find it weird that nobody ever turns up positive during classics season.

True story.
would be pretty interesting to see some stats in this regards.
sniper
Veteran

02 Apr 2014 18:56

Master50 wrote:peter just makes racing look easy. On last years stage in Black diamond during the Tour of Alberta i watched him riding behind the peloton beside his team car for around 20 minutes. He was mostly just chatting with his DS riding beside the car. He was in the wind and it looked so easy for him. While he played a roll in almost every stage he certainly didn't win every stage yet you got a sense he could have That stage was won by Cadel Evans who really was driving the breakaway. That was unusual to see him working so hard and not playing for GC.

Got to agree with your last statement. Doping aside, he's an amazing bike handler. He's not necessarily my fav classics rider, but I still like watching him ride. Maybe he could do a wheelie up the Paterberg this year.
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

Next

Return to The Clinic