Register

Official Valverde thread.

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: Re:

25 Mar 2017 14:16

DFA123 wrote:
TeflonDub wrote:
silvergrenade wrote:
TeflonDub wrote:The new marginal gains are going to be front wings to provide enough downforce to combat the kind of oversteer Piti suffered at the last hairpin today. Had to lift off the gas for a long time to steer safely up the mountain.
https://youtu.be/_q7a5ZO8nmE

Missing F1?
:p

I woke this morning to find a lot of other people missing F1, apparently, as the footage of that freewheeling around the final switchback is doing the rounds now.

That wasn't oversteer. It was momentarilly stopping pedalling because there was some sand or gravel on the road. Of course, if he would have pedalled hard and skidded off on the poor surrface, I'm sure that would be sign of motor use as well. :rolleyes:

Must have been the same bit of sand or gravel that eagle-eyed Froome spotted on the perfect tarmac of the first corner after his attack in the Dauphiné last year. https://youtu.be/0rUN0bo-CeI
User avatar TeflonDub

25 Mar 2017 15:55

TeflonDub wrote:
DFA123 wrote:
TeflonDub wrote:
silvergrenade wrote:
TeflonDub wrote:The new marginal gains are going to be front wings to provide enough downforce to combat the kind of oversteer Piti suffered at the last hairpin today. Had to lift off the gas for a long time to steer safely up the mountain.

Missing F1?

I woke this morning to find a lot of other people missing F1, apparently, as the footage of that freewheeling around the final switchback is doing the rounds now.

That wasn't oversteer. It was momentarilly stopping pedalling because there was some sand or gravel on the road. Of course, if he would have pedalled hard and skidded off on the poor surrface, I'm sure that would be sign of motor use as well. :rolleyes:

Must have been the same bit of sand or gravel that eagle-eyed Froome spotted on the perfect tarmac of the first corner after his attack in the Dauphiné last year. https://youtu.be/0rUN0bo-CeI

Doubt it. Would have had to have been very strong winds to blow it 1000km across the Med.
User avatar DFA123
Veteran

25 Mar 2017 19:31

DFA123 wrote:
TeflonDub wrote:
DFA123 wrote:That wasn't oversteer. It was momentarilly stopping pedalling because there was some sand or gravel on the road. Of course, if he would have pedalled hard and skidded off on the poor surrface, I'm sure that would be sign of motor use as well. :rolleyes:

Doubt it. Would have had to have been very strong winds to blow it 1000km across the Med.

Super helpful, thanks. There was me thinking the Dauphine was held in Spain. Wow. Really, super helpful.

Now, any comment about Froome on perfect tarmac having to let up having already exited the corner? Looked awfully similar to Valverde's concern that he was carrying a bit too much speed uphill to safely make the turn.
User avatar TeflonDub

25 Mar 2017 19:44

TeflonDub wrote:
DFA123 wrote:
TeflonDub wrote:
DFA123 wrote:That wasn't oversteer. It was momentarilly stopping pedalling because there was some sand or gravel on the road. Of course, if he would have pedalled hard and skidded off on the poor surrface, I'm sure that would be sign of motor use as well. :rolleyes:

Super helpful, thanks. There was me thinking the Dauphine was held in Spain. Wow. Really, super helpful.

Now, any comment about Froome on perfect tarmac having to let up having already exited the corner? Looked awfully similar to Valverde's concern that he was carrying a bit too much speed uphill to safely make the turn.

Not really sure where you're trying to go with this? I don't really care about what Froome did - maybe he was changing gear and didn't want to risk slipping, or maybe he just had too much pace from attacking and had to check his line. In Valverde's case though you can clear see some kind of sand or gravel on the road (OK, maybe not if you just watch on a stream, but on TV it was clear enough) - which would be a pretty simple explanation as to why he eased off the pedals for a moment.
User avatar DFA123
Veteran

25 Mar 2017 21:09

DFA123 wrote:
TeflonDub wrote:
DFA123 wrote:
TeflonDub wrote:

Not really sure where you're trying to go with this? I don't really care about what Froome did - maybe he was changing gear and didn't want to risk slipping, or maybe he just had too much pace from attacking and had to check his line. In Valverde's case though you can clear see some kind of sand or gravel on the road (OK, maybe not if you just watch on a stream, but on TV it was clear enough) - which would be a pretty simple explanation as to why he eased off the pedals for a moment.

I watched it on TV and it was surreal. Cant believe how quick he was going and the speed kept through the corner after having to back off. It didn't look right and wasn't due to gravel that I could see in the playbacks I watched. Everytime it looked as if he overcooked which going up that gradient is ridiculous.

Unfortunately I now see motors where before I only saw drug cocktails due to the influence of the clinic !
noddy69

26 Mar 2017 17:23

Another stage win for Piti. Pretty sure he's won almost as many races/stages since he returned from his ban.
User avatar BYOP88

26 Mar 2017 17:41

Nah, obviously Bala just lost the fat and been having constant tailwinds.
User avatar meat puppet

Re: Official Valverde thread.

26 Mar 2017 18:18

Valverde has amassed one of the most outstanding Palmares in the entire history of cycling. I'm sure we will see further victories from him.
Zypherov

26 Mar 2017 19:22

To quote hrotha on the first stage, Tour de Fukushima this upcoming July. Valverde disappointed a few months after that comment suffering through the cold and rainy Tour of 2014 when he had all the chances in the world of grabbing stages and podium. Pretty sure he won't this year...
"This is the Tour that will determine If I can drink espresso at the Garda lake the rest of my life"
User avatar Valv.Piti

26 Mar 2017 21:17

at this rate Valverde to win 5 TdFs in a row...............
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re:

26 Mar 2017 23:00

Valv.Piti wrote:To quote hrotha on the first stage, Tour de Fukushima this upcoming July. Valverde disappointed a few months after that comment suffering through the cold and rainy Tour of 2014 when he had all the chances in the world of grabbing stages and podium. Pretty sure he won't this year...

Pretty sure he said he had family problems during that Tour and had zero motivation.

Also said he had the same problems all year 2013.

Benotti69 wrote:at this rate Valverde to win 5 TdFs in a row...............

And he'd still be younger than Vuelta Moto-Horner :lol:
User avatar GuyIncognito

27 Mar 2017 01:24

I like Valverde as he is the anti-new-generation-Vaughters detox Kool-Aid. Too much of JV then just take a sip of icey-cool Valverde in a can and you know the old generation is alive and still kicking :lol:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

27 Mar 2017 08:20

thehog wrote:I like Valverde as he is the anti-new-generation-Vaughters detox Kool-Aid. Too much of JV then just take a sip of icey-cool Valverde in a can and you know the old generation is alive and still kicking :lol:

In a few years Dawg will start to decline, a good chance for Valverde to win Le Tour.
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

27 Mar 2017 12:33

Rollthedice wrote:
thehog wrote:I like Valverde as he is the anti-new-generation-Vaughters detox Kool-Aid. Too much of JV then just take a sip of icey-cool Valverde in a can and you know the old generation is alive and still kicking :lol:

In a few years Dawg will start to decline, a good chance for Valverde to win Le Tour.

Maybe he already started. We can only know retroactively
User avatar GuyIncognito

Re:

27 Mar 2017 15:20

BYOP88 wrote:Another stage win for Piti. Pretty sure he's won almost as many races/stages since he returned from his ban.

Sorry to say but you are wrong on this one. Pre ban he had 44 pro wins compared to post ban which he has a paltry 44 pro wins ;)
This is Cocaine...This is Chloroform...In short we ride on Dynamite!
User avatar StryderHells

27 Mar 2017 15:37

TeflonDub wrote:
silvergrenade wrote:

Missing F1?

I don't see anything that screams motor doping in that footage, seen similar things by riders on steeper grades going through corners over the years and more than one occasion actually braking. I doubt they were motor doping, I say watching Valverde do what he did is down to good old jet fueled doping
This is Cocaine...This is Chloroform...In short we ride on Dynamite!
User avatar StryderHells

03 Apr 2017 06:04

He's back at Vuelta al País Vasco - be interesting to see his form ...
Rød pølse - Breakfast of Champions!
Froome & Roy Moore - blessed St Lucia!
User avatar Robert5091

07 Apr 2017 21:18

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/VictoryRankingRider.asp?year=2017

Holy sh*t, I wonder if he can end up with most victories by the end of the season.
burning

07 Apr 2017 22:10

Will ASO want a TeamSky scandal at this years TdF? maybe not and Movistar gets the nod and Valverde gets his TdF win.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

08 Apr 2017 15:21

Can someone stop this guy? This is getting batsh*t insane.
burning

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic