Register

Cookson is worse for cycling than McQuaid

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re:

20 Aug 2017 23:59

Robert5091 wrote:https://www.briancookson.org/endorsements/
An almost "Trump" like webpage of loyalty pledges. "We are blessed to serve ... etc"

Like the old "I support Lance" website.... good to see Lord Coe a man of integrity providing support for good ole Brian.

Lord Sebastian Coe - President IAAF, and former Chairman British Olympic Association

Brian became President of Cycling at a particularly challenging time for the sport. He has brought a real sense of purpose and re-direction to the sport and I am very happy to support his ambitions to serve a further term as UCI President.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

21 Aug 2017 17:00

I refuse to visit Cookson's website, but when I see thehog talking about Brian Cookson official endorsement statements, I imagine crap like this all over the site:

I owe my whole career to Brian. Having his staff look the other way on the motors, and rubber-stamping all those TUEs for horse steroids. Letting my teammates off for biopassport issues in exchange for treating his son to a month's vacation in Colombia. It's not every bureaucrat who understands how to keep the Sky money rolling in to the sport. Brian is a man of vision. You can rely upon him. I support him fully.
-Chris Froome

Chris better remember that he owes a lot of his career to me, way more than to Brian. I devised his weight loss nutrition plan, and discovered the cure for Badzhilla, and got Brad Wiggins tossed off the team, and got Chris his only product endorsement from those nose turbine people, and kept him from making a fool of himself in that Kimmage interview. And I personally invented a better motor than that Hungarian guy. Really pisses me off not to be given full credit for my engineering genius. I mean, what the hell, even sniper doesn't know about my technical skills, and he talks about motors all the time.

In sum, no, Chris does not support Brian Cookson. Not fully.
-Mrs. Cound Dawg

Brian has always been supportive of my team and BC. He helped bury the CIRC report and get those MPs off my back, too. I also have to thank Brian for helping me lean on the commissaires when my idiot rider ran up Mount Ventoux without a bike. They say you can't fix stupid, but Brian and I are proof that, with the right kind of money, you sure can. Brian's a swell bloke, and I support his re-election campaign.

-SIR Dave Brailsfraud

Brian is the best UCI president and keeps those commissaires in line when they don't do what you want. Re-elect Brian to continue make sure cycling runs as it should - with the right people getting what they deserve.

-Team Cav, uh, Dimension Data

Calm down, Skybots. I jest.
Beech Mtn

Re: Cookson is worse for cycling than McQuaid

21 Aug 2017 19:24

:lol: :lol:

Love it!
User avatar thehog
Veteran

Re:

22 Aug 2017 02:04

Beech Mtn wrote:I refuse to visit Cookson's website, but when I see thehog talking about Brian Cookson official endorsement statements, I imagine crap like this all over the site:

I owe my whole career to Brian. Having his staff look the other way on the motors, and rubber-stamping all those TUEs for horse steroids. Letting my teammates off for biopassport issues in exchange for treating his son to a month's vacation in Colombia. It's not every bureaucrat who understands how to keep the Sky money rolling in to the sport. Brian is a man of vision. You can rely upon him. I support him fully.
-Chris Froome

Chris better remember that he owes a lot of his career to me, way more than to Brian. I devised his weight loss nutrition plan, and discovered the cure for Badzhilla, and got Brad Wiggins tossed off the team, and got Chris his only product endorsement from those nose turbine people, and kept him from making a fool of himself in that Kimmage interview. And I personally invented a better motor than that Hungarian guy. Really pisses me off not to be given full credit for my engineering genius. I mean, what the hell, even sniper doesn't know about my technical skills, and he talks about motors all the time.

In sum, no, Chris does not support Brian Cookson. Not fully.
-Mrs. Cound Dawg

Brian has always been supportive of my team and BC. He helped bury the CIRC report and get those MPs off my back, too. I also have to thank Brian for helping me lean on the commissaires when my idiot rider ran up Mount Ventoux without a bike. They say you can't fix stupid, but Brian and I are proof that, with the right kind of money, you sure can. Brian's a swell bloke, and I support his re-election campaign.

-SIR Dave Brailsfraud

Brian is the best UCI president and keeps those commissaires in line when they don't do what you want. Re-elect Brian to continue make sure cycling runs as it should - with the right people getting what they deserve.

-Team Cav, uh, Dimension Data

Calm down, Skybots. I jest.

Comedy genius! Reads like a Toto comic strip :lol:
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

22 Aug 2017 03:50

It's like the entire investigation into British Cycling, the bullying, the sexism, the misappropriation of funds never occurred... we love Brian :lol:

Peter King - Chief Executive Officer, British Cycling Federation, 1997 to 2008

I was privileged to work closely with Brian during my time as Chief Executive of the British Cycling Federation, between 1997 and 2008, and thereafter as an advisor to the Board. During that time I developed a great respect for Brian and for his knowledge of the sport, his commitment, his vision, his integrity and his leadership qualities – all of which were applied successfully to the benefit of British Cycling for the 17 years of his Presidency, and to the benefit of the UCI and World cycling during the last four years. Transformation of any complex organisation is a long-term task and to complete Brian’s manifesto to modernise, develop and enhance both the UCI and World cycling requires a second term. I support Brian and wish him well in his campaign for re-election.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

22 Aug 2017 16:58

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! Now, piss off!
User avatar meat puppet

03 Sep 2017 15:34

Hopefully the idiot Cookson will be voted out in 15 days time. He is a fraud. It's no surprise the tablets don't work and there is no dismantling of bikes even when there is a positive.

While the UCI tablet duly detected the magnetic field around the hidden motor, it also detected similar magnetic fields in three other places on the bike where there was no hidden motor. Such ‘false positives’ would ordinarily call for the dismantling of the bike for further inspection, but one WorldTour mechanic told Il Corriere della Sera that he has never seen UCI testers do anything more than swipe an iPad against the bikes in his care.

“We must have undergone over 2,000 tests, and not once have the inspectors asked for a second test or for a bike to be taken apart for further inspection,” the mechanic said.

Valeske and his team proceeded to use the UCI tablet device to scan a bike equipped with an electromagnetic induction wheel. This is reputedly the latest generation of mechanical doping, and a wheel equipped with the technology is reported to cost over €20,000. The tablet failed to detect any magnetic field whatsoever around the wheel, but when the wheel was passed through an X-ray scanner, the induction motor was clearly visible.

“The wheel is ‘perfectly clean’, at least for the tablet. However, the X-rays instead show the induction plates and the transmission cables, perfectly hidden by carbon,” wrote Marco Bonarrigo of Il Corriere della Sera. “The wheel that transforms the bike into a motorbike is, for the UCI controls, a piece of inert fibre.”

The article in Il Corriere precedes Sunday afternoon’s edition of the Stade 2 magazine show on France 2, which will include a report on the investigation and will feature footage from the testing at the Fraunhofer Institute.

The French television programme has reported extensively on mechanical doping in recent years. In June 2016, Stade 2 reported that UCI technical director Mark Barfield had alerted Harry Gibbings of the e-bike manufacturer Typhoon about a police investigation into the use of hidden motors on the 2015 Tour de France. The UCI said that it had “full confidence in its staff employed in this area” and Barfield remains in place as technical director.

David Lappartient, who is challenging Brian Cookson at this month’s UCI presidential election in Bergen, has pledged to improve testing for technological fraud by using X-ray scanners and thermal cameras, and by disassembling bikes to allow for more thorough testing.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/doubts-raised-over-effectiveness-of-uci-tests-for-mechanical-doping/
User avatar thehog
Veteran

03 Sep 2017 17:02

Shocking. I never would have predicted that. <cough>

John Swanson
ScienceIsCool

21 Sep 2017 07:32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDtd7tqc7u4&feature=em-lss

This is just laughable. Cookson just comes across as a mumbling fool.
User avatar MartinGT

21 Sep 2017 08:10

Just got onto Anti doping and they had 3 CAS appeals upheld, dont they know thats only reserved for Brits, tsk
User avatar MartinGT

Re:

21 Sep 2017 08:40

MartinGT wrote:Just got onto Anti doping and they had 3 CAS appeals upheld, dont they know thats only reserved for Brits, tsk
Who had appeals upheld? Details do help, you know.
User avatar fmk_RoI

21 Sep 2017 09:49

Not a lot of women at the meeting ...
Rød pølse - Breakfast of Champions!
"The president is one large S.T.D., and if you’re in close proximity you’re going to get tainted by it.”
User avatar Robert5091

Re: Re:

21 Sep 2017 10:12

fmk_RoI wrote:
MartinGT wrote:Just got onto Anti doping and they had 3 CAS appeals upheld, dont they know thats only reserved for Brits, tsk
Who had appeals upheld? Details do help, you know.

They didnt say.
User avatar MartinGT

21 Sep 2017 10:22

Gone!
ontheroad

21 Sep 2017 10:25

37 to 8!
User avatar MartinGT

Re:

21 Sep 2017 10:26

MartinGT wrote:37 to 8!

After only one term.

Brian made history.
User avatar Alexandre B.

21 Sep 2017 10:27

I thought it would have been closer than that.
User avatar MartinGT

21 Sep 2017 10:45

Thank God that bumbling idiot has gone. I'm sure Froome's career will suffer as a result, as will team Sky. They'll probably have a very unfortunate run of injuries or something else off the bike that prevents them dominating next year. Cycling should be interesting to watch again for that reason alone.
bewildered

21 Sep 2017 10:56

The landslide nature of the victory is a huge surprise given that Cookson had 4 years to manoeuvre himslef into an unassailable position to get re-elected. His over-confidence came back to bite him (or was it just false bravado) but I don't think too many will be sad to see him gone.
ontheroad

21 Sep 2017 11:09

how many votes did McQuaid get last time?
bewildered

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic