Register

Cookson is worse for cycling than McQuaid

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re:

10 Feb 2017 16:55

Benotti69 wrote:Funny to reread Cookson's election manifesto. Pure comedy.

Just like any application letter.
kingjr

Re: Re:

10 Feb 2017 17:57

kingjr wrote:

Not mine, but yes any politician, business person or in particular sports administrator, make em laugh! :lol:
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

10 Feb 2017 19:19

Benotti69 wrote:
kingjr wrote:

Not mine, but yes any politician, business person or in particular sports administrator, make em laugh! :lol:
I envy you if you don't have to lie when applying for a job :o ;)
kingjr

18 Feb 2017 10:20

Not so many selfies taken lately. Has Brian Cookson OBE been concentrating on talking with his legal team about how best to conduct "Maxwellisation" of the report ?

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/british-cycling-brief-riders-independent-review-discrimination-allegations-march-1-312012

Oh for the simple days of the past when Pat or Hein could both commission and receive the report and suggest changes and then sue the likes of Kimmage as "there was no proof".

thinks - Damn those politicians.- Shane had it right - they should be ashamed of themselves questioning our great achievements. What a fantastic system we had. The Lottery generated oudles of dosh. UKSport gave it out to anyone who could spell the name of their organisation correctly at the top of the form. We got the money and sloshed it out amongst ourselves and friends and then Shane, Freeman and others did what they had to do with riders who were willing. Loads of medals and UKSport were so good at making sure they never asked a difficult question about where we spent the money. Yes we used that £60k on a coach for the women's team. You want some receipts, here they are - one bacon sandwich £4.37p, mileage to Manchester and back to pick up a £4 med, 490 mile round trip at 43p per mile = £210.70. We just had it perfect. Sir Brian Cookson was going to have such a nice ring about it.

Maxwellisation - BC being compared to the most extraordinary story of corruption and press control in the past two decades. And press control there has been. Not enforced like Maxwell did but taking advantage of the collection of simpletons who reported on cycling in the UK and manipulating them. Remember this "game changer" http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/10860674/Sir-Dave-Brailsford-hails-Team-Skys-12000-Jaguar-designed-bike-as-a-game-changer.html
Freddythefrog

Re:

18 Feb 2017 13:17

Freddythefrog wrote:Not so many selfies taken lately.
Looking at his Twitter account I'd say he's busy securing the votes he'll need should there be an election in September.
User avatar fmk_RoI

18 Feb 2017 15:20

Benotti69 wrote:
kingjr wrote:

I re-read Cookson's original election manifesto. He successfully managed to fulfill none of what he promised, even in relation to women's salaries. He did manage the CiRC report but when it didn't say what he wanted it to say, he quickly swept it under the carpet, there were too many references to cortisone and skinny riders that might impact Sky.

He certainly is a Grade A chump Cookson.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

25 Feb 2017 20:09

Anyone riding footpaths will be thrown out of the race................except those on the podium.

Still a circus................
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re: Cookson is worse for cycling than McQuaid

01 Mar 2017 16:29

Cookson is a genius, set up British Cycling with no medical register :lol: What a chump this guy is :confused:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

01 Mar 2017 16:31

Listening to Sapstead now. No wonder Freeman hasn't turned up, this is not sounding good.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

Re:

01 Mar 2017 16:45

King Boonen wrote:Listening to Sapstead now. No wonder Freeman hasn't turned up, this is not sounding good.

It was entirely awful, I actually felt bad for Cope as like many before him, Brailsford left him hanging. Sapstead really only reacted when the spotlight was on her. If this never got as far as the CMS hearings her report would have been "no violations found". It just goes to show that UKAD, UKsport have no way of controlling Sky or Brailsford. He does as he pleases.

Freeman is toast, not just for losing his job but the GMC will investagte stripping him of his medical licence.

Interestingly UKAD found after cortisone orders to feed an entire peloton, whether for one rider or many is unclear. Drug abuse at minimum.

Not sure where this will go. There's simply nothing UKAD can do as there are no records. My sense is Sky will have to back off the cortisone and find another way to cheat the system.

Sad day all round that it was allowed to get this far.... looking at you David Walsh.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

01 Mar 2017 16:50

thehog wrote:..looking at you David Walsh.

The way he bought into all the "attention for detail" crap and tried to sell it to his readers...
Now what do we have, an organization built on the claim of cleanliness and attention to detail, did not keep records that could actually proof they live by that mission statement.
sniper
Veteran

01 Mar 2017 17:19

sniper wrote:

The way he bought into all the "attention for detail" crap and tried to sell it to his readers...
Now what do we have, an organization built on the claim of cleanliness and attention to detail, did not keep records that could actually proof they live by that mission statement.

Journalists should realise stories where you are embedded in an organisation lack validity, unless you do the same with 3 or 4 organisations, and then write a compare and contrast article/s.
yaco

01 Mar 2017 17:22

sniper wrote:

Walsh knew all along if he didn't look for it, he'd never find it and ride this donkey to retirement. Good to see he's out there on Twitter pretending he knew all along about Wiggins's cortisone abuse. He's a total waste of space.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

01 Mar 2017 19:31

I am thinking Walsh was taken aside before he embedded with Sky and was told. Enjoy the ride and keep your job or follow Kimmage out of a job. He probably got a pay rise and some nice extras.

Walsh dare not show his face near a bike race ever again.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

01 Mar 2017 19:49

Walsh's schtick now is throwing Wiggins under the bus to protect Froome - but all that extra kenalog was for somebody
MmeDesgrange

01 Mar 2017 19:52

If Walsh had any balls he'd being aiming for Cookson. Cookson was there in BC from beginning and was part of the Sky set up.

Cookson's re-election looking like an uphill struggle.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

01 Mar 2017 21:58

thehog wrote:
King Boonen wrote:Listening to Sapstead now. No wonder Freeman hasn't turned up, this is not sounding good.

It was entirely awful, I actually felt bad for Cope as like many before him, Brailsford left him hanging. Sapstead really only reacted when the spotlight was on her. If this never got as far as the CMS hearings her report would have been "no violations found". It just goes to show that UKAD, UKsport have no way of controlling Sky or Brailsford. He does as he pleases.

Freeman is toast, not just for losing his job but the GMC will investagte stripping him of his medical licence.

Interestingly UKAD found after cortisone orders to feed an entire peloton, whether for one rider or many is unclear. Drug abuse at minimum.

Not sure where this will go. There's simply nothing UKAD can do as there are no records. My sense is Sky will have to back off the cortisone and find another way to cheat the system.

Sad day all round that it was allowed to get this far.... looking at you David Walsh.

I've not had chance to listen to it all but the things that stood out were the amount of triamcinolone ordered was excessive for one rider, which would suggest systematic use by more than one rider (denied by DB?) and that Freeman lost his laptop on holiday!

I have done research in NHS hospitals and they are ridiculously paranoid about patient records. No computers leave the site that have records on them in the 4 hospitals I work in. Only NHS pendrives worked, they were password protected an they could not be used on non-NHS computers. There will obviously be some leeway for doctors travelling with people abroad, but the idea that Freeman would have a laptop with confidential patient information with him on holiday, which would indicate a personal use laptop, is really, really worrying to me.
Vincenzo Nibali:

User avatar King Boonen

01 Mar 2017 22:01

King Boonen wrote:
thehog wrote:

I've not had chance to listen to it all but the things that stood out were the amount of triamcinolone ordered was excessive for one rider, which would suggest systematic use by more than one rider (denied by DB?) and that Freeman lost his laptop on holiday!

I have done research in NHS hospitals and they are ridiculously paranoid about patient records. No computers leave the site that have records on them in the 4 hospitals I work in. Only NHS pendrives worked, they were password protected an they could not be used on non-NHS computers. There will obviously be some leeway for doctors travelling with people abroad, but the idea that Freeman would have a laptop with confidential patient information with him on holiday, which would indicate a personal use laptop, is really, really worrying to me.

GMC must surely take action on this - and time to re-open an enquiry into Dr Bonar, perhaps?
MmeDesgrange

Re:

01 Mar 2017 22:05

MmeDesgrange wrote:Walsh's schtick now is throwing Wiggins under the bus to protect Froome - but all that extra kenalog was for somebody

Well that's really no problem; we're obviously looking for someone who underwent a miraculous transformation in 2011 when Sky decided to go hardcore into doping, & Fr....... Ooooooooooohhhhh
keeponrollin

01 Mar 2017 23:20

MmeDesgrange wrote:
King Boonen wrote:
thehog wrote:

GMC must surely take action on this - and time to re-open an enquiry into Dr Bonar, perhaps?

I don't be know enough about it to know whether what he supposedly did would cause him to be investigated by the GMC. It sounded like Sapstead and UKAD found resistance at every point and were only allowed access to the info Sky/BC thought was relevant. I would assume that the GMC would take an interest in this if it comes onto their radar, beyond that I don't have a clue I'm afraid, I'm not that kind of doctor.
Vincenzo Nibali:

User avatar King Boonen

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic