Register

Dave Brailsford - cycling genius

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

13 Mar 2017 13:59

To be fair though, what did you expect he would say? "Yeah we've obviously been doing some shady ****, Gollum needs to pack his bags!"? Of course he won't be negative about the guys that turned him into the wonderful mutant he is now.
frisenfruitig

Re: Re:

13 Mar 2017 15:35

blackcat wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:Faint belated response from CF
http://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/39254063

"I would like to apologise for this on behalf of myself and the other riders of Team Sky who feel passionately about our sport and winning clean. I believe in the people around me, and what we are doing."

What kind of apology is that? - hardly contrite, admitting nothing. boooh

"we like our credibility"

"we like it a lot"
User avatar thehog
Veteran

13 Mar 2017 16:46

blackcat wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:Faint belated response from CF

"I would like to apologise for this on behalf of myself and the other riders of Team Sky who feel passionately about our sport and winning clean. I believe in the people around me, and what we are doing."

What kind of apology is that? - hardly contrite, admitting nothing. boooh

"we like our credibility"

"I would like to apologise" well because the rest of you are not worth the chair you are sitting in. :lol:
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

13 Mar 2017 17:00

Benotti69 wrote:I don't believe anything from Astana any more than Sky.
Beech Mtn

13 Mar 2017 17:43

Surely the head of British Cycling during this period was Brian Cookson.
Mayo from Mayo

Re:

13 Mar 2017 18:20

Mayo from Mayo wrote:Surely the head of British Cycling during this period was Brian Cookson.

Yes, she is saying Old Crank Cookson. I think Cookson was basically clueless. He handed it all over to Brialsford like he has to Gibbs at the UCI. The guy has been on a vote securing tour for the past 3 months ignoring all that is going on around him. The guy is slimy to the core.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

13 Mar 2017 18:51

Meh. She's talking about sexism, bullying, and people being afraid. I can't imagine anyone being afraid of Cookie. He seems more like the sleepy figurehead puppet who shows up for tea and photo ops, but doesn't really know what goes on day-to-day.

He still needs to take responsibility and go though.

Bully/fear sounds more like Dave Beeeeee and Sutton, in my opinion.
Benotti69 wrote:I don't believe anything from Astana any more than Sky.
Beech Mtn

Re:

13 Mar 2017 19:08

Beech Mtn wrote:Meh. She's talking about sexism, bullying, and people being afraid. I can't imagine anyone being afraid of Cookie. He seems more like the sleepy figurehead puppet who shows up for tea and photo ops, but doesn't really know what goes on day-to-day.

He still needs to take responsibility and go though.

Bully/fear sounds more like Dave Beeeeee and Sutton, in my opinion.

Agree with all of that....
User avatar thehog
Veteran

Re: Dave Brailsford - cycling genius

13 Mar 2017 20:22

so, will their be anymore fireworks? or now that froome has backed Dave B and everybody is friends again will this fizzel out?
chuuurles

13 Mar 2017 22:47

"Froome added: "I would like to apologise for this on behalf of myself and the other riders of Team Sky who feel passionately about our sport and winning clean.""
Why is Froome apologising? He's not responsible for DB's or others actions ... :confused:

We await Dr Freeman's "mea culpa".
Kirby, the reason the mute button was invented! :)
LRP - you'll believe a man can fly!
User avatar Robert5091

13 Mar 2017 23:12

chuuurles wrote:so, will their be anymore fireworks? or now that froome has backed Dave B and everybody is friends again will this fizzel out?

It's got the feel that it's going to fizzle hasn't it. Not shizzle. Shizzle would be good. Shizzle would mean they all got banned and jailed. That would be fun. No I mean fizzle unfortunately, in the bog standard sense of fizzle.
I hope that makes sense.
Dan2016

13 Mar 2017 23:49

Robert5091 wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/39254063
"Froome added: "I would like to apologise for this on behalf of myself and the other riders of Team Sky who feel passionately about our sport and winning clean.""
Why is Froome apologising? He's not responsible for DB's or others actions ... :confused:

We await Dr Freeman's "mea culpa".

Lance likes their credibility also ;)
“Nothing can ever touch the purity of what we accomplished now. Nothing can ever change it” -Johan Bruyneel
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

Re:

14 Mar 2017 06:50

Beech Mtn wrote:Meh. She's talking about sexism, bullying, and people being afraid. I can't imagine anyone being afraid of Cookie. He seems more like the sleepy figurehead puppet who shows up for tea and photo ops, but doesn't really know what goes on day-to-day.

The guy got enough political skills to become the head of the UCI, yet you think he's a silly push over?

People that manage to get at those positions in semi-government (extremely political) organisations as BC most definitely have Machiavelli on their bedside table. They also have a long relation (usually college) with their male colleagues.

I flat out disagree that this guy will be a nice guy director. I also flat out disagree that he is incapable of being a misogynist iron fisted internal ruler.
Franklin

14 Mar 2017 07:36

Franklin wrote:

The guy got enough political skills to become the head of the UCI, yet you think he's a silly push over?

People that manage to get at those positions in semi-government (extremely political) organisations as BC most definitely have Machiavelli on their bedside table. They also have a long relation (usually college) with their male colleagues.

I flat out disagree that this guy will be a nice guy director. I also flat out disagree that he is incapable of being a misogynist iron fisted internal ruler.

well yes in the mould of Corbyn...ineffectual can be useful for those behind the scenes as they can pursue an agenda under the guise of a hapless leader...i mean its not like SDB has had any sort of agenda or anything ;)
gillan1969

14 Mar 2017 18:36

:) not good at linking stuff so you'll need to click link yourself...after his letter to Coe now this :-) Where UKAD don't go, Damian does...let transparency be the judge....Sir Dave must love this guy...bringing all this out.....

http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/culture-media-and-sport-committee/news-parliament-2015/combatting-doping-in-sport-correspondence-published-16-17/
gillan1969

14 Mar 2017 19:21

gillan1969 wrote::) not good at linking stuff so you'll need to click link yourself...after his letter to Coe now this :-) Where UKAD don't go, Damian does...let transparency be the judge....Sir Dave must love this guy...bringing all this out.....

http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/culture-media-and-sport-committee/news-parliament-2015/combatting-doping-in-sport-correspondence-published-16-17/

Kind regards....! :lol:

Damian Collins is priceless.

Wish he'd asked why Freeman believed he had no prescription rights in France when he does. Or why he couldn't have gone 15 minutes to a Swiss pharmacy on the way to Les Gets...

And they can tell you the name of the bloody pharmacy in Switzerland, but they can't produce shread of evidence of what was in the package or where they dispensed their drugs to. Laughable.

I note he didn't answer on the subject of how many riders received the Kenalog....
Electress

14 Mar 2017 21:33

I wonder who Freeman is spending his sick time making deals with...

edited for spelling
User avatar GraftPunk

Re:

14 Mar 2017 21:46

GraftPunk wrote:I wonder who Freeman is spending his sick time making deals with...

edited for spelling

he's been thrown right under the bus - with the GMC being invited to tailgate to run over what's left

he'll be needing a few quid to keep quiet that's for sure...
gillan1969

14 Mar 2017 22:17

Electress wrote:
gillan1969 wrote::) not good at linking stuff so you'll need to click link yourself...after his letter to Coe now this :-) Where UKAD don't go, Damian does...let transparency be the judge....Sir Dave must love this guy...bringing all this out.....

Wish he'd asked why Freeman believed he had no prescription rights in France when he does. Or why he couldn't have gone 15 minutes to a Swiss pharmacy on the way to Les Gets...

And they can tell you the name of the bloody pharmacy in Switzerland, but they can't produce shread of evidence of what was in the package or where they dispensed their drugs to. Laughable.

I note he didn't answer on the subject of how many riders received the Kenalog....

Amazing isn't it. I've just read that exchange and Skygollum as an 'ability' to answer questions without answering questions.

The number of riders involved in the taking of those 10 ampoules is very important. Hiding behind medical confidentiality is ridiculous. Collins didn't ask for names, just total number.

And what about TUE's for those 10 ampoules? Not necessarily needed, but might be a worthwhile question.
Dan2016

14 Mar 2017 23:04

Dan2016 wrote:
Electress wrote:

Amazing isn't it. I've just read that exchange and Skygollum as an 'ability' to answer questions without answering questions.

The number of riders involved in the taking of those 10 ampoules is very important. Hiding behind medical confidentiality is ridiculous. Collins didn't ask for names, just total number.

And what about TUE's for those 10 ampoules? Not necessarily needed, but might be a worthwhile question.

The thing is that, as is patently obviously, they have absolutely no evidence for any of these assertions. So Sky's response isn't worth the paper it is written on. They could claim the injected Brailsford's dog wit Kenalog for all it stands up to scrutiny.

I would quite like it confirmed how these ampoule are administered...is it needles ?

They basically claim that for two years no one could manage to get the good Dr to upload files for their star rider in adherance to Management Policy. Two years. FFS. It's only a drag and drop; the guy would have to be IT-remedial and their systems so pathetically weak...that squares with what we've heard about the dictatorial / authoritarian, bullying management style....

Seems that Dr Peters found his Human Mind was no match for Freeman's unruly Chimp, eh?

What follows is virtually all self-righteous waffle and content free. Just words strung together to provide a fig leaf. I told my boss about all this over lunch (I've been telling him for years, and he had the grace today to say 'Well, you told me so!), and when I told him some of the stuff that was being claimed his response (as a non-cycling or even sports fan) was 'Are they Imbeciles? Does anyone believe that?'
Electress

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic