Register

Dave Brailsford - cycling genius

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

19 Sep 2017 23:28

fmk_RoI wrote:Ok, so what time do you want him clocking on and off? Do you think he's on a nine-to-five or do you think - heaven **** forbid - that he's taking a break in the middle of the day when he's not needed so as to be able to function the rest of the time?

Seriously, the level of petty sneering around here can go beyond the joke at times. Get real, even once, just to see what it's like.

Yes, but imagine what his riders might have achieved if he wasn't so work shy. ;)
Parker

20 Sep 2017 11:13

You often see Team staff, owners, DS, Managers out riding or running to keep fit during the races. My claim to fame was I bumped into Rolf Aldaag jogging past our campsite one evening after a mountain stage in Tour a couple of years ago and went for a run with him. He said if he can't get a ride in, he has a quick jog in the evening to de-stress from the day and think about the next days work needed.
samhocking

Re:

20 Sep 2017 11:59

samhocking wrote:I bumped into Rolf Aldaag jogging past our campsite one evening after a mountain stage in Tour a couple of years ago and went for a run with him. He said if he can't get a ride in, he has a quick jog in the evening to de-stress from the day and think about the next days work needed.
What a dilettante. When the Clinicians rule the world, everyone'll be working 24/7, chipping in with the cooking, the cleaning, the washing of the bikes and really annoying the people actually paid to do those jobs.
User avatar fmk_RoI

20 Sep 2017 12:11

fmk_RoI wrote:
samhocking wrote:I bumped into Rolf Aldaag jogging past our campsite one evening after a mountain stage in Tour a couple of years ago and went for a run with him. He said if he can't get a ride in, he has a quick jog in the evening to de-stress from the day and think about the next days work needed.
What a dilettante. When the Clinicians rule the world, everyone'll be working 24/7, chipping in with the cooking, the cleaning, the washing of the bikes and really annoying the people actually paid to do those jobs.

I heard Dave was taking care of Froome´s drive train and wheels in July.
WTF :D
you see what happens when you let not trained people do the work. the mechanics didnt have the heart to say "Sir Dave, please, let us take care of the spokes and derailleur"
at one point he stopped and let them do THEIR work
by September Froome´s bike was fine
pastronef

25 Sep 2017 10:47

Cassani takes the rap for Moscon
“I know I shouldn’t have done it and I apologise to everyone because it has made all of Italy look bad. However, what happened shouldn’t affect Gianni’s image."

It would be great to see such honesty exude from DB rather than parroting
"no wrongdoing"
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

Re:

25 Sep 2017 14:27

TourOfSardinia wrote:Cassani takes the rap for Moscon
“I know I shouldn’t have done it and I apologise to everyone because it has made all of Italy look bad. However, what happened shouldn’t affect Gianni’s image."

"no wrongdoing"

Very true but when cheating and lying is a daily and a minute by minute occurnace, there’s no way to ever tell if Dave is lying, skirting the truth or bending reality. It’s who he is.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

Re:

25 Sep 2017 18:20

"no wrongdoing"
And yet were Brailsford to come out saying, oh, I don't know: "I shouldn't have done it [hire Leinders] and I apologise to everyone because it has made all of Sky look bad. However, what happened shouldn't affect Brad's image" you and others here would be hurling abuse at him for his mealy mouthed words, saying he's insincere, using his apology as a stick to beat him with, in exactly the same way you are seeking to use Cassani's apology as a stick for the beating of Brailsford with. Because let's face it, that's all this game is, for some: beating someone.
User avatar fmk_RoI

25 Sep 2017 19:20

Because let's face it, that's all this game is, for some: beating someone.

which someone again?
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

Re:

25 Sep 2017 19:27

TourOfSardinia wrote:
Because let's face it, that's all this game is, for some: beating someone.

which someone again?
Whoever the thread's piñata is.
User avatar fmk_RoI

26 Sep 2017 08:05

fmk_RoI wrote:

"no wrongdoing"
And yet were Brailsford to come out saying, oh, I don't know: "I shouldn't have done it [hire Leinders] and I apologise to everyone because it has made all of Sky look bad. However, what happened shouldn't affect Brad's image" you and others here would be hurling abuse at him for his mealy mouthed words, saying he's insincere, using his apology as a stick to beat him with, in exactly the same way you are seeking to use Cassani's apology as a stick for the beating of Brailsford with. Because let's face it, that's all this game is, for some: beating someone.

What you just did is extremely dishonest and retarded.

You created a non existent hypothetical situation in which Brialsfraud is honest for once (which for the record he never has been so how are we to blame for attacking him for that :o ?)

You then invent roles and behaviours for posters in this thread, again hypothetical and non existent.

And then you attack these same posters for their non existent behaviour, in this non existent hypothetical situation you just made up.

How about sticking to the real world. Brailsford wasn't honest. And you DON'T know how people would behave if he were.

And btw, since you are now accusing TourofSardinia and others of only trying to attack Brailsford to feel better about themselves, do you mind if others do a diagnosis of your behaviours? you seem to argue about absolutely any subject and constantly attack posters in any thread for any reason.

The tone you take is always "i know more", in the same manner that dimspace and other idiots used to tout their imagined status as "cycling insiders" (becuase they knew some soigneur somewhere) to shut down any idea Brad wasn't clean -"i have inside information that he is clean".

All it seems to be about for you is proving to yourself that you know more about cycling than everyone here, which isn't actually true or you wouldnt need to prove it to yourself.

Since you wanted to analyze people's behaviours
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

26 Sep 2017 10:24

+1. It is wearisome trying to engage him in civil conversation. I don't bother.
User avatar veganrob

26 Sep 2017 14:57

+1 I agree, mostly his posts are just dripping with condescension. Best not to engage.
ontheroad

26 Sep 2017 17:42

Of course people who share similar thoughts/opinions want re-affirmation from like-minded people - It happens on all types of forums - To suggest otherwise is troubling.
yaco

26 Sep 2017 18:26

FMK RoL is and could be a fount of knowledge. Lots of experience and has put in a billion hours of research and effort to make sense of it all. Mad skills at investigation. If you're out there, please treat us with some respect. Educate and enlighten where you're able. Uplift the conversation with your insights. Please stop with the holier than though crapping on people. You know a lot. But not more than others... Some of us have experience and info that you're not privy to. A lot of us, actually.

John Swanson
ScienceIsCool

04 Oct 2017 21:00

This makes splendid reading 5 years on. Gold, absolute gold !
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/cycling/9463114/London-2012-Olympics-British-Cycling-performance-director-Dave-Brailsford-blasts-doubters-after-medal-haul.html
British Cycling’s performance director was fuming two years ago when UK Sport, which organises the Lottery funding of sport in the UK and also monitors performance levels, ordered an exhaustive “audit” by Deloitte into Brailsford’s dual role as the team principal at Team Sky and the head of the British Olympic Cycling programme. Some leading commentators on the sport also voiced doubts that both roles could be done by the same man.
British Cycling’s performance director was fuming two years ago when UK Sport, which organises the Lottery funding of sport in the UK and also monitors performance levels, ordered an exhaustive “audit” by Deloitte into Brailsford’s dual role as the team principal at Team Sky and the head of the British Olympic Cycling programme. Some leading commentators on the sport also voiced doubts that both roles could be done by the same man.

Despite his already stellar record – 10 cycling gold medals at the 2004 and 2008 Olympics – UK Sport demanded to know precisely how Brailsford was allocating his hours and resources and also those of the staff who sometimes doubled up and served both GB and Sky in some capacity.

We now know, it was Brad, Hoy and anyone else Brilsford and Sutton favoured and not just those with two hats. Cope only had one hat - manager of the British Women's road team.
Cope: "What shall I do boss, they want a training camp ?"
Sutton: "The sheilas want a training camp ! They can get lost ! Just don't reply and get up to Manchseter and pick up that jiffy bag for Brad. Be sure to take your time over it and you can then rack up the expenses fiddle; Cookson and Drake never check over anything anyway."
Cope: "But what if the women find out I have been riding the motorbike for Brad for months and not doing anything for them ?"
Sutton: "if any of the bitches start moaning I will de-select them. These upitty women, they should be at home having kids not riding bikes. just get Brad's meds and you can take me back with you later that day"

“I am a big supporter of UK Sport and don’t think there is anybody doing a better job out there – and I’ve looked everywhere around the world – but I don’t think they should have questioned my ability,” he said. “It was a question of my integrity, and to be honest I didn’t like that.”
Shock horror Sir Dave; how very, dare anyone quesetion your integrity or ability to run the publicly funded program fairly.
Freddythefrog

04 Oct 2017 21:05

Classic.

I also sometimes go back and re-read the horse manure. Then it's only if to cringe, or laugh.
User avatar mrhender

04 Oct 2017 21:11

It's funny how the transparency was just gonna be youuuge. Most transparent ever!! All questions answered.

Then when pressed a bit -He grabs the kitchen sink, or dissapears at will.
User avatar mrhender

11 Oct 2017 21:53

Plus ça change !

Harvey Weinstein's dreadful behaviour is being thoroughly exposed. One of the tricks he used to keep his crazy behaviour out of the press, when they got close to him, was to ensure he could tell them a juicier story about someone else.

Dave - it needed to be a "better story" you tried to tell Mat Lawton, then he would have ditched jiffygate. I wonder what the story about another team he tried to get Lawton to publish ?
Freddythefrog

Re: Dave Brailsford - cycling genius

12 Oct 2017 12:27

Probably time to rename this thread Dave Brailsford - where are you Dave?
B_Ugli

13 Oct 2017 14:44

The Hitch wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:

"no wrongdoing"

What you just did is extremely dishonest and retarded.

You created a non existent hypothetical situation in which Brialsfraud is honest for once (which for the record he never has been so how are we to blame for attacking him for that :o ?)

You then invent roles and behaviours for posters in this thread, again hypothetical and non existent.

And then you attack these same posters for their non existent behaviour, in this non existent hypothetical situation you just made up.

How about sticking to the real world. Brailsford wasn't honest. And you DON'T know how people would behave if he were.

And btw, since you are now accusing TourofSardinia and others of only trying to attack Brailsford to feel better about themselves, do you mind if others do a diagnosis of your behaviours? you seem to argue about absolutely any subject and constantly attack posters in any thread for any reason.

The tone you take is always "i know more", in the same manner that dimspace and other idiots used to tout their imagined status as "cycling insiders" (becuase they knew some soigneur somewhere) to shut down any idea Brad wasn't clean -"i have inside information that he is clean".

All it seems to be about for you is proving to yourself that you know more about cycling than everyone here, which isn't actually true or you wouldnt need to prove it to yourself.

Since you wanted to analyze people's behaviours

Oh so you noticed this too. Well said
Craigee

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic