Register

Dave Brailsford - cycling genius

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

13 Oct 2017 15:48

Craigee wrote:
The Hitch wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:Cassani takes the rap for Moscon
“I know I shouldn’t have done it and I apologise to everyone because it has made all of Italy look bad. However, what happened shouldn’t affect Gianni’s image."

It would be great to see such honesty exude from DB rather than parroting
"no wrongdoing"
And yet were Brailsford to come out saying, oh, I don't know: "I shouldn't have done it [hire Leinders] and I apologise to everyone because it has made all of Sky look bad. However, what happened shouldn't affect Brad's image" you and others here would be hurling abuse at him for his mealy mouthed words, saying he's insincere, using his apology as a stick to beat him with, in exactly the same way you are seeking to use Cassani's apology as a stick for the beating of Brailsford with. Because let's face it, that's all this game is, for some: beating someone.

What you just did is extremely dishonest and retarded.

You created a non existent hypothetical situation in which Brialsfraud is honest for once (which for the record he never has been so how are we to blame for attacking him for that :o ?)

You then invent roles and behaviours for posters in this thread, again hypothetical and non existent.

And then you attack these same posters for their non existent behaviour, in this non existent hypothetical situation you just made up.

How about sticking to the real world. Brailsford wasn't honest. And you DON'T know how people would behave if he were.

And btw, since you are now accusing TourofSardinia and others of only trying to attack Brailsford to feel better about themselves, do you mind if others do a diagnosis of your behaviours? you seem to argue about absolutely any subject and constantly attack posters in any thread for any reason.

The tone you take is always "i know more", in the same manner that dimspace and other idiots used to tout their imagined status as "cycling insiders" (becuase they knew some soigneur somewhere) to shut down any idea Brad wasn't clean -"i have inside information that he is clean".

All it seems to be about for you is proving to yourself that you know more about cycling than everyone here, which isn't actually true or you wouldnt need to prove it to yourself.

Since you wanted to analyze people's behaviours

Oh so you noticed this too. Well said

:D
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

13 Dec 2017 08:25

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/dec/13/chris-froome-team-sky-reputation-abnormal-drug-test
Team principal Sir Dave Brailsford said: “There are complex medical and physiological issues which affect the metabolism and excretion of Salbutamol. We’re committed to establishing the facts and understanding exactly what happened on this occasion.

Heard that one before
:o
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

Re:

13 Dec 2017 10:05

TourOfSardinia wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/dec/13/chris-froome-team-sky-reputation-abnormal-drug-test
Team principal Sir Dave Brailsford said: “There are complex medical and physiological issues which affect the metabolism and excretion of Salbutamol. We’re committed to establishing the facts and understanding exactly what happened on this occasion.

Heard that one before

Hey, at least they do not implicitly blame beef farmers. :D
User avatar meat puppet

Re:

13 Dec 2017 11:31

Just like he was committed to establishing the facts in the Jiffy bag case
User avatar ruamruam

13 Dec 2017 20:02

ruamruam wrote:

IOW- let's come up with a Pseudo Science rubbish and see if it sticks in order to defend Froome.
User avatar hfer07
Veteran

Re:

13 Dec 2017 20:05

TourOfSardinia wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/dec/13/chris-froome-team-sky-reputation-abnormal-drug-test

Heard that one before

The fact that Cookson lost the election was probably the biggest factor.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

13 Dec 2017 20:56

ruamruam wrote:

And don't forget how Sky exhaustively investigated Henao's dodgy blood values ... I'm sure mankind will be reaping the rewards of their work on blood oxygen levels in athletes born at altitude for years to come.
keeponrollin

13 Dec 2017 20:56

Still waiting on that Sergio Henao study
User avatar veganrob

13 Dec 2017 21:22

Would love to reread Kimmage's interview with Brailsford now.

Be great if some publication reprinted it.

Brailsford would look like the complee charlatan he is.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

13 Dec 2017 21:35

keeponrollin wrote:
ruamruam wrote:

And don't forget how Sky exhaustively investigated Henao's dodgy blood values ... I'm sure mankind will be reaping the rewards of their work on blood oxygen levels in athletes born at altitude for years to come.

:lol:
Wiggo's Package

Re: Dave Brailsford - cycling genius

13 Dec 2017 22:07

Surely it must be up for DB now:
I predict he’ll keep his head down and try to leave it to the doctors and Froome to carry the can
It worked with Leinders and Freeman but surely he can’t get away with it again?
And surly, if Team sky are going to continue with their current level of corporate funding, DB has to walk.
Otherwise, a lot of people re going to be loosing a lot of money.
coinneach

13 Dec 2017 22:52

I'll be honest, I don't have much of a dislike for Froome. He's an idiot but he doesn't seem like an active *.

Brailsford on the other hand is. Absolute bellend. I'll happily see his knighthood rescinded and join his good friend (and fellow all-round nice guy) shane sutton in having his career ruined.
Brullnux
Veteran

14 Dec 2017 01:33

coinneach wrote:Surely it must be up for DB now:
I predict he’ll keep his head down and try to leave it to the doctors and Froome to carry the can
And surly, if Team sky are going to continue with their current level of corporate funding, DB has to walk.

Depends on what Disney want to do, even without this the team is a prime candidate to fold for cost cutting reasons.
MatParker117

14 Dec 2017 02:44

'I'll cheat here but I'm not going to cheat over there; I'll cheat on a Monday but not on a Tuesday.'

Brilliant.
heart_attack_man

16 Dec 2017 00:37

SDB seems ready to throw another doc under the bus.
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

16 Dec 2017 06:55

coinneach wrote:Surely it must be up for DB now:

It's unlikely he'll go in the short term - he practices a form of corporate compartmentalization (like a mini Murdoch empire), but it has it's limits.
Brian Butterfield

16 Dec 2017 09:40

In the present Hollywood climate have Disney appetite for scandal from a Mickey Mouse (sic) cycling team? The board meetings will be fun: "Yeah, let's help Dave stick it to the French as we at Disney World have no business interests over there ..."
buckle

23 Dec 2017 20:58

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/12/story-behind-story-breaking-froome-positive-news/

Do you have thoughts about Dave Brailsford continuing? There have been calls for him to resign over his handling of such matters, and over those matters themselves.

Well, I just happened to be reading an interview that Donald McRae in our paper did with him in 2011. He said something along the lines of, ‘our philosophy is that we are at the forefront of promoting clean cycling.’ He said, ‘when that is not the case, I will go.’

I think that philosophy has been really serious examined over the last 15 months. I think if he was to abide by every word of what he said in 2011, then he probably wouldn’t be there anymore. At the very least, there have been serious mistakes made when it comes to record-keeping. And also with the TUEs, they seem to have strayed into questionable areas, definitely.
Wiggo's Package

04 Jan 2018 20:07

Brailsfraud's ongoing silence about Froome's little AAF problem, apart from a brief and not very supportive statement on the day the news broke, is worth noting

Time was he would be all over this type of story like a rash. Trying to set the media agenda via a soft interview on Sky News. Giving the fanboys nuggets of waffle to pin an argument on

So is he hanging the Dawg out to dry, as Walsh has suggested? Or is he just very very confident this problem will go away, like all the others?
Wiggo's Package

05 Jan 2018 08:25

There's a lot of money on Froome riding the Giro (e.g.Sylvan Adams has raided his cookie jar) - lots of highly paid men in suits are bashing out something at UCI HQ. SDB has been told to shut up and go ride his bike.
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic