Register

Dave Brailsford - cycling genius

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

10 Jul 2018 16:42

yaco wrote:Lappartient talks too much - Sometimes silence is golden.

Comparing Brailsfraud to Cookson was golden. Brailsfraud never had respect for Cookson and walked all over him. Classic smack down on the bully from Lappartient :p
User avatar thehog
Veteran

10 Jul 2018 17:38

Depends how Lappartient actually won the election Hog. Either way Lappartient needs to rise above this as he sounds vulnerable saying stuff like this. He should be defending his organisations exoneration of Froome not blaming everyone but himself.
samhocking

Re:

10 Jul 2018 17:49

samhocking wrote:Depends how Lappartient actually won the election Hog. Either way Lappartient needs to rise above this as he sounds vulnerable saying stuff like this. He should be defending his organisations exoneration of Froome not blaming everyone but himself.

He won by having the most votes. It’s that simple.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

Re: Dave Brailsford - cycling genius

10 Jul 2018 18:20

“He was calling me a French Mayor, so I told him the last schlep who told me that was Cookson and remember what happened to that fool?!” ;)

User avatar thehog
Veteran

Re: Re:

10 Jul 2018 18:28

thehog wrote:
samhocking wrote:Depends how Lappartient actually won the election Hog. Either way Lappartient needs to rise above this as he sounds vulnerable saying stuff like this. He should be defending his organisations exoneration of Froome not blaming everyone but himself.

As did Cookson, previously.
(Warning: Posts may contain traces of irony)
User avatar macbindle

10 Jul 2018 18:31

macbindle wrote:
thehog wrote:

Yes, with the assistance of funding from UK Sport :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

10 Jul 2018 18:35

macbindle wrote:
thehog wrote:

Don't be silly. Democracy and Justice in UCI for someone from Team GB in the clinic? Wash your mouth at!
samhocking

10 Jul 2018 18:41

samhocking wrote:
macbindle wrote:
thehog wrote:

Don't be silly. Democracy and Justice in UCI for someone from Team GB in the clinic? Wash your mouth at!

Versus your tinfoil conspiracy theory about how Lappartient winning the election, lol?! :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

10 Jul 2018 22:03

I haven't theorised at all, I said it depends how he won it. I didn't know you had so much faith in UCI democracy and ethics Hog?
samhocking

Re:

11 Jul 2018 01:06

samhocking wrote:I haven't theorised at all, I said it depends how he won it. I didn't know you had so much faith in UCI democracy and ethics Hog?

I didn’t realise you were such a conspiracy theorist. Landslide margin but Lappartient rigged the ballot box? Riiiiight, Sam, riiiiight :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

11 Jul 2018 01:20

samhocking wrote:
Nighttrain99 wrote:
samhocking wrote:
Nighttrain99 wrote:
samhocking wrote:Each day it's becoming clearer what has happened that's for sure.

I'm not going to say directly in the clinic because there's never any balanced discussion, but in terms of Brailsford's anger, consider the following statements all said within context of Froome's exoneration from Lappartient.

Lappartient on Ulissi and Pettachi ADRVs
"I must emphasise that each of the relevant athletes had access to a fair hearing as provided for by the WADA Code and the UCI ADR."

Lappartient on UCI's anti-doping credibility generally:
"Everyone will have the same treatment, for sure. In the UCI there are no exceptions, everyone gets the same treatment," Lappartient insisted.

Lappartient on Froome's exoneration provided for by the WADA Code and the UCI ADR
"If you have more money, you can afford more lawyers and more experts. This can sometimes help you to prove you are not guilty"

That is what Brailsford is angry about and if that's not town mayor bias, what is, regardless of Brailsford's numptyness. Lappartients handing is not impartial and his comments make UCI look weak and complacent and unfocused on what exactly they are meant to be and how Lappartient should rise above personal bias.

Thanks for taking time to reply to my question. I don’t understand the reference to balance in the Clinic but respect your ability to post anonymously like the rest of us here. From my short time paying attention to these threads it seems you, Macbindle, Rick James (I love the real one’s music!), and Bobby Browne are the primary Sky supporters. There are many Clinic contributors who are Sky doubters, and a few just enjoy the spectacle of it all. Fair analysis?
Nighttrain99

11 Jul 2018 05:49

Wow. Barry Ryan having a crack at Brailsford during the CN live coverage of stage 4. Best to stick to the actual race.
yaco

11 Jul 2018 06:04

Nighttrain99 wrote:[quote="[url=http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=2282642#p2282642]

Thanks for taking time to reply to my question. I don’t understand the reference to balance in the Clinic but respect your ability to post anonymously like the rest of us here. From my short time paying attention to these threads it seems you, Macbindle, Rick James (I love the real one’s music!), and Bobby Browne are the primary Sky supporters. There are many Clinic contributors who are Sky doubters, and a few just enjoy the spectacle of it all. Fair analysis?

The fact that you identify me as a Sky supporter shows the ridiculous polarised view of this Clinic board. It is practically a cult.
User avatar macbindle

11 Jul 2018 06:23

And what is wrong with a good old fashioned cult? It is kinda enjoyable, like an addictive fix.
User avatar Random Direction

11 Jul 2018 06:31

What is wrong with it? In terms of a forum it just becomes an echo chamber, as the more level-headed and mature posters get bored of it and go elsewhere.
User avatar macbindle

Re:

11 Jul 2018 07:07

His organisation didn't exonorate Froome....it went out of its way to place that firmly in WADA's court where it belongs...
gillan1969

11 Jul 2018 08:20

thehog wrote:
samhocking wrote:I haven't theorised at all, I said it depends how he won it. I didn't know you had so much faith in UCI democracy and ethics Hog?

I didn’t realise you were such a conspiracy theorist. Landslide margin but Lappartient rigged the ballot box? Riiiiight, Sam, riiiiight :cool:

I'm happy you trust UCI so much that everything is always as it seems. Good for you!
samhocking

11 Jul 2018 08:21

@nighttrain99

Not sure about 'fair analysis'.....but interesting

Probably hard to believe looking back now; I don't hate them like many people do, but i've never really considered myself a Sky supporter, certainly not to the point that i'm rooting for them to win races. I stopped worshipping sports stars many years ago, but there's a long list of riders who i enjoy watching ahead of Froome....but i'll certainly put my hands up to being a Froome sympathiser now, the Clinic has made me that way.

See, whilst there's some solid circumstantial evidence and theories that point towards the probability that he's at it big style, there's also masses of BS piled on top of the plausible stuff that i enjoy challenging and debating.

No one pays me to come on here (honest!) When there's no real investment in the outcome, i find it much more interesting and stimulating to be the underdog in a debate, rather than just wallowing in the glow of group consensus. Debating on behalf of Froome in this particular forum certainly puts me in the position of underdog.I like that.

PS. i prefer Brownbobby.....Bobby Browne just doesnt have the same meaning for me ;)
brownbobby

11 Jul 2018 08:23

gillan1969 wrote:

His organisation didn't exonorate Froome....it went out of its way to place that firmly in WADA's court where it belongs...

And UCI accepted that. As they accepted it, Lappartient can't then claim money bought Froomes innocence while maintaining UCI under Lappartient is credible and requesting fans to 'please still believe in cycling'. That is a copout, especially while maintaining other similar cases were dealt with properly
samhocking

11 Jul 2018 09:25

samhocking wrote:
gillan1969 wrote:

And UCI accepted that. As they accepted it, Lappartient can't then claim money bought Froomes innocence while maintaining UCI under Lappartient is credible and requesting fans to 'please still believe in cycling'. That is a copout, especially while maintaining other similar cases were dealt with properly

rock and hard place.....Lappartient has eyes and a brain like the rest of us....I'm sure he spluttered a "QUI????" in the Vuelta in 2011 on the first mountain stage ;)
gillan1969

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic