Register

Dave Brailsford - cycling genius

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

19 Dec 2014 17:13

Quote:
''I like Tinkov, he's a real character and I think
he does alot for the sport. But to be honest I
find it quite flattering that he talks about me
so much. I don't think about him at all...'' :)

A true genius, is our lad Dave. A true genius.
Team GB 2016: victoRIOus, happy and gloRIOus
User avatar oldcrank

19 Dec 2014 17:18

oldcrank wrote:Quote:
''I like Tinkov, he's a real character and I think
he does alot for the sport. But to be honest I
find it quite flattering that he talks about me
so much. I don't think about him at all...'' :)

A true genius, is our lad Dave. A true genius.

how he managed to get Millar out of that dank Biarritz cell and bury all the other ped stash like Jens on Gan in 98, indeed, true genius
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

19 Dec 2014 17:59

“It’s the same with training. We know that a lot of teams train like we do now so it’s up to go out and find better ways of training. It’s a lot of fun and it’s what it’s all about,” Brailsford says.

Sky discovered off-season riding?

Who knew it was such a secret.

Can't wait 'til someone finds out you can ride Monday-Friday, and don't have to wait for weekends.

Dave.
Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
D-Queued
Veteran

19 Dec 2014 18:29

D-Queued wrote:Sky discovered off-season riding?

Who knew it was such a secret.

Can't wait 'til someone finds out you can ride Monday-Friday, and don't have to wait for weekends.

Dave.

Look like they've also discovered riding as well. Who would have thought riding your bike would make you ride your bike better :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

19 Dec 2014 18:51

bit of a waste of time this thread. He's said very little different from the usual party line of we will train harder and beat all the rest. For training read doping. Nothing new here
bewildered

19 Dec 2014 19:24

"going to talk to a lot of guys from leading sports teams in America"

Are there ANY actual legitimate American sports teams that are not completely marinated in doping? What the hell is he talking about: swimming, NFL, baseball, basketball?! You couldn't pick a bunch of worse sporting role models if you tried.
TrackCynic

19 Dec 2014 19:32

TrackCynic wrote:"going to talk to a lot of guys from leading sports teams in America"

Are there ANY actual legitimate American sports teams that are not completely marinated in doping? What the hell is he talking about: swimming, NFL, baseball, basketball?! You couldn't pick a bunch of worse sporting role models if you tried.

Maybe he is talking about USPS/Disco........:D
"ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78.

Jean Dubuffet: "For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity."
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

19 Dec 2014 19:38

TrackCynic wrote:"going to talk to a lot of guys from leading sports teams in America"

Excuse me?? Those sports are absolutely ROLLING IN MONEY with doping fully integrated at every level and the fans largely indifferent to doping.

Of course they are the right sports to emulate. Most of you appear too lazy to do what it takes to win... :p

This thread needs to be merged with the con-o-meter thread.
User avatar DirtyWorks
Veteran

19 Dec 2014 20:03

I don't care what the returning troll accounts say. That there is evidence of doping. Taking credit for inventing a bunch of training techniques that have been in use since before most riders currently representing Sky were even born and making them out to be the reason for why extremely dodgy riders became world beaters the moment they started working with a verifiable doping doctor?

Its all right there for anyone with half a brain to see.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

19 Dec 2014 20:08

The Hitch wrote:That there is evidence of doping.

You're categorising Brailsford's words in that article as evidence of doping?
" wrote:Pointing out the flaws in an argument =/ arguing 100% the opposite
TailWindHome

19 Dec 2014 22:05

TailWindHome wrote:You're categorising Brailsford's words in that article as evidence of doping?

The hire of a doping Dr is pretty good evidence. Having a rider go from nowhere for years to a tour winner that ties in with the hiring of a doping Dr is evidence. Having a rider "wiggo" start to smash ITT's who before said doping Dr never won any ITT of any significance or ever win a race on the road. That is evidence.
I used to post links on BR . Their was one video I posted of a side by side ascent of ax3 Armstrong and Froome. They were virtually toe to toe.
Yet out came the excuses " Froome had a tail wind blah blah blah you hate Sky blah. The sh%t is their right in your face as are the times.
ray j willings

19 Dec 2014 22:33

TailWindHome wrote:You're categorising Brailsford's words in that article as evidence of doping?

https://www.google.com/search?q=evidence
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

19 Dec 2014 22:50

How about his "french tour winner" he hallucinated about earlier this season - or that's DB's Vision2020?
doperhopper

19 Dec 2014 23:30

Brailsford explaining to Walsh how marginal gains work.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

19 Dec 2014 23:34

Yes. Anyone who looks at him making those kind of lies in that context and comes to a conclusion other than that sky are doping, fails critical thinking.

Its all nice and well hiding behind the legal stipulation of proof that has to make it to a jury, that all criminals use as their last defense, but in the real world in many important jobs people have to make decisions based on logic. This one is as easy as they come. People who display a similar lack of logic in other situations get fired on the spot for incompetence.

User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

20 Dec 2014 00:49

The Hitch wrote:Yes. Anyone who looks at him making those kind of lies in that context and comes to a conclusion other than that sky are doping, fails critical thinking.

Its all nice and well hiding behind the legal stipulation of proof that has to make it to a jury, that all criminals use as their last defense, but in the real world in many important jobs people have to make decisions based on logic. This one is as easy as they come. People who display a similar lack of logic in other situations get fired on the spot for incompetence.

I feel like even skyfans know that Brailsford is just making things up as he goes.

Otherwise they would be in here defending what he said in the interview. But even the most devout skyfan can't come up with anything that makes any sense.

Now they just have to ask themselves why Brailsford is lying so much. It really isn't rocket science.
MC: I don’t think Chris fully understood that (Vinokourov) had doped.

CF: No, I knew.

MC: Not fully.
User avatar the sceptic
Veteran

20 Dec 2014 01:25

The Hitch wrote:Brailsford explaining to Walsh how marginal gains work.

Now that made me laugh!

I cannot express my loathing of Brailsford enough. I trust nothing that he says. I am, however, torn between thinking him an arrogant tool, unaware of his limitations, and an evil genius on a par with Peter Mandelson. Except I have a sneaking respect for Peter Mandelson.

I'd take 10 Oleg Tinkoffs for every Dave B. Though I'm sure he'd sell his grandmother for a couple of roubles, at least he's entertaining. And shows every sign of wanting the sport to be.
Electress

20 Dec 2014 01:40

Electress wrote:Now that made me laugh!

I cannot express my loathing of Brailsford enough. I trust nothing that he says. I am, however, torn between thinking him an arrogant tool, unaware of his limitations, and an evil genius on a par with Peter Mandelson. Except I have a sneaking respect for Peter Mandelson.

I'd take 10 Oleg Tinkoffs for every Dave B. Though I'm sure he'd sell his grandmother for a couple of roubles, at least he's entertaining. And shows every sign of wanting the sport to be.

Love the way DB is trolling Tinkoff though

I like Tinkov, he’s a real character and I think he does a lot for the sport. But to be honest I find it quite flattering that he talks about me so much. I don’t think about him at all but he’s entitled to his opinion
del1962
Veteran

20 Dec 2014 01:50

del1962 wrote:Love the way DB is trolling Tinkoff though

Yes. It's kind of tit for tat. But Methinks he doth protest too much. Bet Tinkoff is the kind of maverick guy that is really irritating to the organised robotic, micro-managing men of TeamJoyless.
Electress

20 Dec 2014 07:33

Electress wrote:Yes. It's kind of tit for tat. But Methinks he doth protest too much. Bet Tinkoff is the kind of maverick guy that is really irritating to the organised robotic, micro-managing men of TeamJoyless.

nice to know know you have inside info about team Sky.
how did the Mallorca team camp go? boring for you?
:rolleyes:
pastronef

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic