Register

Dave Brailsford - cycling genius

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

20 Dec 2014 09:29

the sceptic wrote:
Otherwise they would be in here defending what he said in the interview.

I doubt that if such persons exist they give a monkey's.
User avatar wrinklyvet

20 Dec 2014 15:44

TailWindHome wrote:You're categorising Brailsford's words in that article as evidence of doping?

del1962 wrote:Love the way DB is trolling Tinkoff though

You skyboys got an answer for this?

The Hitch wrote:Yes. Anyone who looks at him making those kind of lies in that context and comes to a conclusion other than that sky are doping, fails critical thinking.

Its all nice and well hiding behind the legal stipulation of proof that has to make it to a jury, that all criminals use as their last defense, but in the real world in many important jobs people have to make decisions based on logic. This one is as easy as they come. People who display a similar lack of logic in other situations get fired on the spot for incompetence.

Come on lets see some skyboy logic and tell us how Sky are doing it cleans?
"ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78.

Jean Dubuffet: "For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity."
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

20 Dec 2014 17:23

D-Queued wrote:Sky discovered off-season riding?

Who knew it was such a secret.

Can't wait 'til someone finds out you can ride Monday-Friday, and don't have to wait for weekends.

Dave.

and they will invent ergo trainers at night-time under blue light, so their body's circadian rhythms are not disturbed. They can ride at night, under mood lighting, and their natural nightime hgh can still be spiked when they are riding.

endogenous, natural, #moremarginalthanmarginalGains
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

20 Dec 2014 19:53

TailWindHome wrote:You're categorising Brailsford's words in that article as evidence of doping?

Well he is the same person that said that in a clean cycling world we wouldn't see a rider making attack after attack after attack in the mountains. That we would see just the one effective attack. After that statement and the performance of Froome in the mountains I'm inclined to question most of what he says.
User avatar Angliru
Veteran

20 Dec 2014 20:44

Benotti69 wrote:You skyboys got an answer for this?

Come on lets see some skyboy logic and tell us how Sky are doing it cleans?

Wake me up when you have witnesses to DB doping cyclists, other than that there is nothing to debate that will change anyone's mind.
del1962
Veteran

20 Dec 2014 20:56

A
Angliru wrote:Well he is the same person that said that in a clean cycling world we wouldn't see a rider making attack after attack after attack in the mountains. That we would see just the one effective attack. After that statement and the performance of Froome in the mountains I'm inclined to question most of what he says.

I'm fairly sure he is the same person who told is clean performances will surpass those of the doped era.

That was about 6 days prior to the Dawg going FR and then a short time after Astana's team wide Ferrari program was uncovered.

Brailsford is all brains :rolleyes:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

20 Dec 2014 21:11

I remember Pat, six weeks before the 2012 tour, telling us that we no longer see one team, with five riders arriving at the base of the last climb and just riding everyone off their wheel...of all the things we can all agree on, it's that the 2012 tour Is remembered exactly for this - sky were on another planet...the basso quote said it all - what am I meant to do - how can anyone attack the pace they are setting - and people make it out that it's clever tactics - so riding everyone off your wheel because you are simply riding faster than everyone is clever or new?!!!!
Doping died with Lance.
Digger

20 Dec 2014 21:21

del1962 wrote:Wake me up when you have witnesses to DB doping cyclists, other than that there is nothing to debate that will change anyone's mind.

So you come here to troll..........
"ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78.

Jean Dubuffet: "For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity."
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

20 Dec 2014 21:46

Benotti69 wrote:So you come here to troll..........

No, now stop trolling me
del1962
Veteran

21 Dec 2014 01:40

blackcat wrote:and they will invent ergo trainers at night-time under blue light, so their body's circadian rhythms are not disturbed. They can ride at night, under mood lighting, and their natural nightime hgh can still be spiked when they are riding.

endogenous, natural, #moremarginalthanmarginalGains

:D

Pretty soon the marginal gains are going to be so marginal that you cannot even measure them!

Dave.
Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
D-Queued
Veteran

21 Dec 2014 02:10

D-Queued wrote::D

Pretty soon the marginal gains are going to be so marginal that you cannot even measure them!

Dave.

Maybe you can water the marginal gains down a million times till only the memory of marginal gains is in the water molecules?

Then drink the water.
Letters to and from the pro peloton. twitter | blog
User avatar Dear Wiggo
Veteran

21 Dec 2014 02:14

del1962 wrote:Wake me up when you have witnesses to DB doping cyclists, other than that there is nothing to debate that will change anyone's mind.

The return of demands for proof.

What are we waiting for exactly? Is BC going to turn Froome positive? Maybe Wiggo goes positive JUST before Rio? Is the UCI will turn some Sky boys positive when Zorzoli stops handing out Emergency TUEs?

Will we have to wait until Cookson has one foot in the election grave before Sky's doping story breaks? Does that sound familar? It just happened at the IAAF.
User avatar DirtyWorks
Veteran

21 Dec 2014 15:43

DirtyWorks wrote:The return of demands for proof.

What are we waiting for exactly? Is BC going to turn Froome positive? Maybe Wiggo goes positive JUST before Rio? Is the UCI will turn some Sky boys positive when Zorzoli stops handing out Emergency TUEs?

Will we have to wait until Cookson has one foot in the election grave before Sky's doping story breaks? Does that sound familar? It just happened at the IAAF.

I am sorry if it upsets you if I want some real world evidence before I decree someone a doper.
del1962
Veteran

21 Dec 2014 16:06

del1962 wrote:I am sorry if it upsets you if I want some real world evidence before I decree someone a doper.

cycling

cycling with wheels. = evidence.
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

21 Dec 2014 16:14

blackcat wrote:cycling with wheels. = evidence.

Behold, a clean rider!
User avatar Granville57

21 Dec 2014 16:22

Granville57 wrote:
Behold, a clean rider!

Cleans, I tell you, cleans!

User avatar thehog
Veteran

21 Dec 2014 16:31

Granville57 wrote:Image

Behold, a clean rider!

thats millar.

i rest my case

=/= clean

#FAIL
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

21 Dec 2014 16:32

blackcat wrote:thats millar.

i rest my case

=/= clean

#FAIL

Millar does #BeatsbyDrDre = #doubleFAIL
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

21 Dec 2014 16:40

del1962 wrote:I am sorry if it upsets you if I want some real world evidence before I decree someone a doper.

Well said. You are bold to stand against the prevailing view in an inhospitable environment. ;)
User avatar wrinklyvet

21 Dec 2014 16:40

What's real world evidence? Or do you mean proof, not evidence. They often seem to get conflated in these discussions.
User avatar red_flanders
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic