Log in:  

Register

Fabio Aru 6.5w/kg

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

19 Jul 2017 18:32

staubsauger wrote:Bardet rides for the former team of Rodolfo Massi. I ain't got no doubts he's doped as well. It seems the French teams, especially AG2R, have caught up again since AICAR arrived. I've accepted pharmaceutical doping as part of the game long time ago. It's motor doping that changes the whole essence of the sport!

Wasn't Pozzovivo one of the first riders to get mentioned in the same sentence as AICAR as well?
User avatar Gung Ho Gun
Member
 
Posts: 503
Joined: 15 Jul 2013 14:46

Re: Re:

19 Jul 2017 21:25

Cookster15 wrote:
Brullnux wrote:
HelloDolly wrote:What I always suspects on this forum...no one really wants to know the truth .Just full of hypocrisy

Basically its all right if Aru is doping as long as he beats Froome....total bull .. and from the same people who endless point fingers at others.

I hope (but i doubt it) Aru goes pop before the end of the Tour

He is riding against riders like Dan Martin & Romain Bardet who are clean...in fact I would also say Froome & Porte & Uran but who wants to know the truth when you have an axe to grind

I am out of this ridiculous biased one way junk shop

You have to be joking. Aru is obviously doping, but a guy who has been a talent since junior days (admittedly by riding on the dirtiest team possible) is more suspicious than a guy who in 2010 was pulled by a motorbike up the Mortirolo, and then became a world beater 15 months later? At the age of 25?

And how do you know that Bardet and Martin are clean? Or Uran?


Nobody knows if Bardet, Martin or Uran are clean - probably not. What we do know is Aru came straight from an injury layoff and was suddenly leading the best over the hardest climb in the Dauphine - Mont Du Chat. We also know he rides for Astana, yeh that team with a wonderful record which you thankfully admit.

There is doping then there is rediculous and I think Aru is making a case for the latter. Thankfully today he faltered as he can't go downhill. Lets see what happens tomorrow.

How about Uran coming from nowhere since 2014 and then climbing with Froome? Aru is almost definitely doping but I see no reason to single him out like this. Uran rides for Vaughters for God's sake, and before that for Lefevere.
Brullnux
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,346
Joined: 31 Mar 2015 14:41

Re: Re:

19 Jul 2017 21:54

Brullnux wrote:
Cookster15 wrote:
Brullnux wrote:
HelloDolly wrote:What I always suspects on this forum...no one really wants to know the truth .Just full of hypocrisy

Basically its all right if Aru is doping as long as he beats Froome....total bull .. and from the same people who endless point fingers at others.

I hope (but i doubt it) Aru goes pop before the end of the Tour

He is riding against riders like Dan Martin & Romain Bardet who are clean...in fact I would also say Froome & Porte & Uran but who wants to know the truth when you have an axe to grind

I am out of this ridiculous biased one way junk shop

You have to be joking. Aru is obviously doping, but a guy who has been a talent since junior days (admittedly by riding on the dirtiest team possible) is more suspicious than a guy who in 2010 was pulled by a motorbike up the Mortirolo, and then became a world beater 15 months later? At the age of 25?

And how do you know that Bardet and Martin are clean? Or Uran?


Nobody knows if Bardet, Martin or Uran are clean - probably not. What we do know is Aru came straight from an injury layoff and was suddenly leading the best over the hardest climb in the Dauphine - Mont Du Chat. We also know he rides for Astana, yeh that team with a wonderful record which you thankfully admit.

There is doping then there is rediculous and I think Aru is making a case for the latter. Thankfully today he faltered as he can't go downhill. Lets see what happens tomorrow.

How about Uran coming from nowhere since 2014 and then climbing with Froome? Aru is almost definitely doping but I see no reason to single him out like this. Uran rides for Vaughters for God's sake, and before that for Lefevere.

And with Brailsford before, and before him, the Abarca. And before that, Unibet. As you say, there is no reason to single out Aru, he isn't much different than the others. All of them (Froome, Aru, Bardet, Uran, Martin and co.) are %99 chance doping.
I think it's the sign of a clean rider and a real sportsman to be attracted to the bigger challenge over the ultimate result. Good luck with the Giro/Tour double, Chris Froome. -Phil Gaimon
Forever The Best
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,097
Joined: 15 Apr 2016 16:10

Re: Fabio Aru 6.5w/kg

20 Jul 2017 17:06

Astana clearly too scared to do the same kind of refills they did with Aru in the Giro 2015 and Vuelta 2015 :lol:
No 3rd week miracle this time
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran
 
Posts: 23,713
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 23:52
Location: Roermond, the Netherlands

20 Jul 2017 17:15

The 2015 Aprica stage was after 2nd rest day, but I still cannot explain how on earth he recovered before the Cervinia stage. I don't think teams do refills on a race day, or they messed up with his bag. Maybe someone with more knowledge can explain what happened in that week.

Also, he was at his best after 1st rest day in 2005 Vuelta, his performance in the final stage was not impressive compared to what he and Landa did after 1st rest day.
burning
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,430
Joined: 29 Feb 2012 21:33

Re: Fabio Aru 6.5w/kg

20 Jul 2017 17:33

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Astana clearly too scared to do the same kind of refills they did with Aru in the Giro 2015 and Vuelta 2015 :lol:
No 3rd week miracle this time

Did you not see the arm warmers though?
User avatar Saint Unix
Member
 
Posts: 762
Joined: 14 Feb 2014 11:00
Location: Norway

Re: Fabio Aru 6.5w/kg

20 Jul 2017 17:40

Saint Unix wrote:
Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Astana clearly too scared to do the same kind of refills they did with Aru in the Giro 2015 and Vuelta 2015 :lol:
No 3rd week miracle this time


Did you not see the arm warmers though?


Maybe they have not got the new high octane stuff others have.

SunwebGiant and Ag2R are flying this year. New methods?

Will be interesting to see the difference in the TT between Aru and Martin.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,456
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

22 May 2018 14:26

This is, uhm, unexpected?
User avatar Gung Ho Gun
Member
 
Posts: 503
Joined: 15 Jul 2013 14:46

22 May 2018 14:28

i'm still laughing my *** off, the replay of Tony Martin shaking his head after Aru crossed the line is one of the funniest things i've ever seen. i love this sport.
User avatar zlev11
Member
 
Posts: 611
Joined: 23 Jan 2011 17:49

22 May 2018 14:33

That must have been some serious motorpacing.
User avatar hrotha
Veteran
 
Posts: 15,695
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

22 May 2018 14:37

Or motorbiking.
User avatar SafeBet
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,025
Joined: 02 Sep 2011 13:38
Location: Milano, Italy

Re:

22 May 2018 14:39

SafeBet wrote:Or motorbiking.

Seems all sorts of pointless for Fabio Aru, 22nd and +25 minutes down in the GC, to decide to use a motor for this particular stage.
User avatar hrotha
Veteran
 
Posts: 15,695
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

Re: Fabio Aru 6.5w/kg

22 May 2018 14:43

Surely the most amazing overnight transformation since Floyd 2006 :lol:
brownbobby
Member
 
Posts: 850
Joined: 27 Sep 2017 07:14

22 May 2018 14:44

Please be BB'd to the absolute gills and cause carnage all this week oh sweet Angel. Such a shame if he goes back to bonking for the rest of the week.
"I have seen many lean riders in the peloton, but very few Tour winners."
User avatar Pantani Attacks
Member
 
Posts: 893
Joined: 07 Jul 2015 11:39

22 May 2018 14:45

Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. He is threatening to beat Froome and Dumoulin at this rate! This is like Nibali in 2016 the speed at which his form miraculously returns.
therealthing
Junior Member
 
Posts: 147
Joined: 27 Apr 2016 19:54

Re: Fabio Aru 6.5w/kg

22 May 2018 14:45

brownbobby wrote:Surely the most amazing overnight transformation since Floyd 2006 :lol:

ban inevitable :(
how long though?
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,560
Joined: 16 Feb 2010 14:25
Location: Sardinia

22 May 2018 14:47

Ah, he did the same in the Giro 2015 on the last rest day and nothing happened. Will be fine. Ulissi got the same treatment it seems.
ppanther92
Member
 
Posts: 538
Joined: 03 May 2015 10:27

Re:

22 May 2018 14:55

therealthing wrote:Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. He is threatening to beat Froome and Dumoulin at this rate! This is like Nibali in 2016 the speed at which his form miraculously returns.

Well, Nibali was always good in TT at least. Aru not... I don't understand this performance, what's going on here? 25 min down on GT...
EroicaStradeBianche
Junior Member
 
Posts: 198
Joined: 01 Oct 2016 20:20

22 May 2018 15:01

That was a pretty funny performance. Fabio, the ultimate TT expert?
User avatar Ripper
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,628
Joined: 14 Sep 2009 03:41
Location: It's a surprise!

22 May 2018 15:07

Possible restday refill, Martin's reaction was priceless. Will be interesting to see if he also refinds his legs in the mountains and goes nuclear.
ontheroad
Member
 
Posts: 925
Joined: 10 Oct 2012 18:04

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bronstein and 28 guests

Back to top