Register

Swimming

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: Re:

25 Jul 2017 21:14

silvergrenade wrote:
therealthing wrote:Katie Ledecky- absolutely crazy performances yet again. Not even worth running the races she just freaking annihilates the field without even looking remotely tired afterwards. One of the most suspicious athletes currently competing in any sport.

She maybe doping and her performances might be suspicious but there's no denying the immense talent she has.

At the age of 15, she won the 800 m Gold at the Beijing Olympics. Not only that but she has annihilated record after record since High School. She will most probably become the most decorated female olympian in the history of Olympic Sport.

I agree, just a correction though, it was the 800m in London 2012 that she won as a 15 year old, not Beijing. She was 11 in 2008!! Had she made the Olympics and won at the age of 11....the Olympics would have been shut down completely!! LOL
BullsFan22

27 Jul 2017 20:27

And the freaking Pellegrini beat her, her time wasn't full retard, but I just dislike her.
I have to say that the 800m was great to watch and Detti took it to the next level, new European record and he beat his training buddy Paltrinieri.
At least both Detti and Paltrinieri aren't as bad a Horton, after the Olympics Paltrinieri said that Horton took it too far when it came to Sun Yang, that was pretty much his was of telling him that you shouldn't be such a hypocrit. Today Detti said that Sun Yang got banned, but that now he should be viewed like everyone else, he even said that he's a nice guy.
Maybe it's not the best thing for anti doping, but at least they aren't like the Anglos who only cry about the bad Russian and Chinese dopers, their old school mentality is almost refreshing and at least to me it reeks less of hypocrisy.
User avatar Mayomaniac

Re: Swimming

30 Jul 2017 21:04

See, swimming is cleaning their sport up! A guy nobody's heard of was busted. I am sure everyone else is clean though!

http://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1053422/naidich-withdraws-from-fina-world-championships-after-positive-drugs-test
BullsFan22

07 Aug 2017 11:00

Sad news RIP
Mattia Dall’Aglio - Italian swimmer 24ys old - so young for a heart attack
Reported in Italian here:
http://corrieredibologna.corriere.it/bologna/notizie/altrosport/2017/7-agosto-2017/mattia-dall-aglio-muore-palestra-modena-si-stava-allenando-solo-2401885751204.shtml
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

20 Oct 2017 16:26

Travis Tygart in trouble for helping to cover up sexual abuse among US swimming coaches.
https://t.co/jH6qsGKmI8
sniper
Veteran

Re:

20 Oct 2017 19:34

sniper wrote:Travis Tygart in trouble for helping to cover up sexual abuse among US swimming coaches.

No wonder he is so vocal about this Russian doping thing. He's hoping that it will override the covering up of the sexual abuse. And what about the Nassar abuse at US Gymnastics??
BullsFan22

22 Oct 2017 14:37

So both Tygart head of USADA and Young who wrote the WADA code and prosecutes on behalf of CAS have in effect lead double lives. Bellotti is running out of heroes.
yaco

23 Oct 2017 12:54

So no interest in discussing the miscalculations of Tygart and Young who are the bastions of the WADA code and it's application.strange indeed.
yaco

Re:

23 Oct 2017 13:54

yaco wrote:So both Tygart head of USADA and Young who wrote the WADA code and prosecutes on behalf of CAS have in effect lead double lives. Bellotti is running out of heroes.

I don't think Tygart is a hero of anybody in the clinic
User avatar veganrob

24 Oct 2017 15:11

veganrob wrote:
yaco wrote:So both Tygart head of USADA and Young who wrote the WADA code and prosecutes on behalf of CAS have in effect lead double lives. Bellotti is running out of heroes.

Only have to read the Armstrong thread to prove my assertion. I love it when the zealots from the Clinic see their heroes cut down one by one. These allegations against Tygart and Young are more serious than any doping offence. Integrity from key officials is a non-negotiable.
yaco

24 Oct 2017 17:07

yaco wrote:
veganrob wrote:

Only have to read the Armstrong thread to prove my assertion. I love it when the zealots from the Clinic see their heroes cut down one by one. These allegations against Tygart and Young are more serious than any doping offence. Integrity from key officials is a non-negotiable.

The Clinic is mixed with people from both ends of the anti-doping spectrum, not to mention that very few, if any are actual "zealots".

Backhanded insults do nothing to advance the discussion or your point.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

Re:

24 Oct 2017 19:53

sniper wrote:Travis Tygart in trouble for helping to cover up sexual abuse among US swimming coaches.

Not sure he is in trouble yet. Didn't the same publications try and highlight this back in 2014 ? I can't find any major publication going after him yet....not as if they haven't had time
noddy69

25 Oct 2017 05:00

noddy69 wrote:

Not sure he is in trouble yet. Didn't the same publications try and highlight this back in 2014 ? I can't find any major publication going after him yet....not as if they haven't had time[/quot

It may or may not happen so we'll we have to wait and see what transpires. The bigger picture is the integrity of big wigs like Tygart and Young who play key roles in the prosecution of antidoping. You can't be selective with your integrity. Finally, I suggest that events concerning sexual abuse are more serious than doping.
yaco

Previous

Return to The Clinic