Register

Dumoulin.

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

15 May 2018 17:46

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:oh my god this clinic really overdoes themselves sometimes. hey he might have used nasal spray for a cold in the past. Fire him for doping. Jesus christ. lol

...aren't you from Netherlands, or Dumoulin fan maybe, or both? Cause otherwise this doesn't make a sense; you are saying that using substance with potential for performance enhancing is perfectly ok and people who are wondering about that are kinda acting like a jerks or something.
Kokoso

16 May 2018 07:45

Dude, even a sandwhich might improve your performance on a bike. Ban all riders who ever eaten a sandwhich as well.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran

25 May 2018 15:56

All the attention is on Froome right now but Dumoulin's performance today was nothing short of exceptional too
User avatar PremierAndrew

Re:

25 May 2018 15:57

PremierAndrew wrote:All the attention is on Froome right now but Dumoulin's performance today was nothing short of exceptional too

Indeed - almost as many km working for himself as Froome ...
TheSpud

Re:

25 May 2018 16:12

PremierAndrew wrote:All the attention is on Froome right now but Dumoulin's performance today was nothing short of exceptional too

Yes it was.

Imagine if Dumoulin has a **** day and Froome soloes it home by 6 minutes.
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

I came, I saw, I was dead wrong as per usual
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

Re: Re:

25 May 2018 16:21

TheSpud wrote:

While the performance was exceptional ineed, i would say not even half. When Reichenbach could work, no one else did for a while. When Reichenbach wasn't there, Pinot was riding to (60/40 for Dumoulin i would say, maybe 70/30). Before the Jafferau Reichenbach, Pinot and Dumoulin alternated.
ppanther92

25 May 2018 16:29

TheSpud wrote:

In which he consistently lost time.
The sadness of the world has different ways of getting to people, but it seems to succeed almost every time
User avatar Bardamu

25 May 2018 16:34

Red Rick wrote:

Yes it was.

Imagine if Dumoulin has a **** day and Froome soloes it home by 6 minutes.

I just still can't read anything about Dumoulin having a s*** day (I'm assuming that's the word you were using) without smiling a little... :p
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

25 May 2018 16:41

Bardamu wrote:
TheSpud wrote:

In which he consistently lost time.

Only to Froome - he put time in to everyone else in the race (except the 4 hangers on) ...
TheSpud

25 May 2018 16:46

And what about Della Santa at the 1994 Flèche Wallonne. Why does nobody focus on THAT.
User avatar hrotha
Veteran

Re: Dumoulin.

25 May 2018 21:04

What a joke.

Reminds me of a Hincapie's summit win in the Tour.

At least plastic Surgery makes you look good.
User avatar TubularBills

Re:

26 May 2018 08:45

hrotha wrote:And what about Della Santa at the 1994 Flèche Wallonne. Why does nobody focus on THAT.

I don't recall if he was easily the second strongest rider that day to use him as a comparison.

And as absolutely ridiculous as Froome's ride was, a non-climber with relatively few references in difficult high mountain stages over his career being conclusively dropped only with 300 meters to go after working by far the most in his group over the previous 2 hours should absolutely merit a discussion without any attempts at deflection.
User avatar roundabout
Veteran

26 May 2018 09:13

roundabout wrote:
hrotha wrote:And what about Della Santa at the 1994 Flèche Wallonne. Why does nobody focus on THAT.

I don't recall if he was easily the second strongest rider that day to use him as a comparison.

And as absolutely ridiculous as Froome's ride was, a non-climber with relatively few references in difficult high mountain stages over his career being conclusively dropped only with 300 meters to go after working by far the most in his group over the previous 2 hours should absolutely merit a discussion without any attempts at deflection.

He won the queen stage in the TdF, has won a Giro before, contended for a Vuelta victory 3years ago already.
The sadness of the world has different ways of getting to people, but it seems to succeed almost every time
User avatar Bardamu

26 May 2018 09:24

Bardamu wrote:
roundabout wrote:

He won the queen stage in the TdF, has won a Giro before, contended for a Vuelta victory 3years ago already.

Not sure which part of my post you are objecting to, but to answer your examples

He won the Tour stage from a break (granted, against very good riders)

His Giro win did not involve this level of performance in a high mountain stage.

And in that Vuelta he was closer to 10th best climber than second in the really difficult stages.
User avatar roundabout
Veteran

27 May 2018 10:10

roundabout wrote:
Bardamu wrote:
roundabout wrote:

Not sure which part of my post you are objecting to, but to answer your examples

He won the Tour stage from a break (granted, against very good riders)

His Giro win did not involve this level of performance in a high mountain stage.

And in that Vuelta he was closer to 10th best climber than second in the really difficult stages.
You're right, I just wanted to emphasize his performances aren't exactly coming out of nowhere.
User avatar Bardamu

18 Jul 2018 16:03

Super strong again today. A bit like in the Giro on the Finestre stage, his ride will get slightly overshadowed by Sky but he has shown a huge ability to produce long sustained solo rides going up mountains. Looks like the only true contender to Sky at present though a podium place is more of a realistic target.
ontheroad

18 Jul 2018 17:31

roundabout wrote:

Doper for sure, but considering he has been mixing it up in GT's for years it's quite something to say he has few references in difficult mountain stages. And yeah he lost time in his first Vuelta, but only at the end. He was among the best climbers that round for most of the time... and that as a youngster. Progression is not as insane as junior P-R winner winning a Mountain stage ;)

But yeah TD is a doper, big time. His past performances are pretty much an assurance of that fact.
Franklin

19 Jul 2018 15:50

lol, this guy is as ridiculous as Thomas. If he wasn't so tactically inept he'd have a palmares like Froome's by now.
User avatar DFA123
Veteran

19 Jul 2018 15:50

I think it's good for Tom that he lives in the Sky era or nobody would be able to take him seriously
User avatar Eclipse

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic