Log in:  

Register

Dumoulin.

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Dumoulin.

06 Apr 2018 09:29

pastronef wrote:https://www.twitter.com/WestemeyerSusan/status/982177250505211904

tom dumoulin says he has used Salbutamol in the past and would do so again if needed

Did Major Tom
match CF's 2000 ante/brag?
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,561
Joined: 16 Feb 2010 14:25
Location: Sardinia

Re: Dumoulin.

06 Apr 2018 09:34

TourOfSardinia wrote:
pastronef wrote:https://www.twitter.com/WestemeyerSusan/status/982177250505211904

tom dumoulin says he has used Salbutamol in the past and would do so again if needed

Did Major Tom
match CF's 2000 ante/brag?


not that we know. not me nor Susan said so
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,302
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

Re:

06 Apr 2018 11:13

Gung Ho Gun wrote:He says he puffed for a year because he suffered (anxiety/choking feeling? I don't know how to translate benauwdheid), stopped because it didn't help. He would definitely "take a small puff" if he started suffering from exercise-induced asthma.


I wish both Tom and Chris good health and good racing ... and may the best man (Tom, Chris or anyone else) win.
Bring on the racing ... infitely more edifying than moaning and groaning. :geek:
Alpe73
Member
 
Posts: 690
Joined: 27 Dec 2012 01:23

Re: Dumoulin.

06 Apr 2018 15:20

pastronef wrote:https://www.twitter.com/WestemeyerSusan/status/982177250505211904

tom dumoulin says he has used Salbutamol in the past and would do so again if needed

well tickle me pink I am shocked
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,254
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

Re:

06 Apr 2018 15:22

Gung Ho Gun wrote:He says he puffed for a year because he suffered (anxiety/choking feeling? I don't know how to translate benauwdheid), stopped because it didn't help. He would definitely "take a small puff" if he started suffering from exercise-induced asthma.

what? it seems he is using it and doesn't have asthma! maybe something wrong in his head?
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,254
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

Re: Re:

06 Apr 2018 16:19

rick james wrote:
Gung Ho Gun wrote:He says he puffed for a year because he suffered (anxiety/choking feeling? I don't know how to translate benauwdheid), stopped because it didn't help. He would definitely "take a small puff" if he started suffering from exercise-induced asthma.

what? it seems he is using it and doesn't have asthma! maybe something wrong in his head?


Maybe, just maybe, Salbutamol has uses in cycling other than the treatment of asthma. Apparently, some people who don't actually have asthma use it in cycling. I know, it's a shocker.
User avatar red_flanders
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,055
Joined: 03 Apr 2009 06:45

Re: Re:

06 Apr 2018 16:27

red_flanders wrote:
rick james wrote:
Gung Ho Gun wrote:He says he puffed for a year because he suffered (anxiety/choking feeling? I don't know how to translate benauwdheid), stopped because it didn't help. He would definitely "take a small puff" if he started suffering from exercise-induced asthma.

what? it seems he is using it and doesn't have asthma! maybe something wrong in his head?


Maybe, just maybe, Salbutamol has uses in cycling other than the treatment of asthma. Apparently, some people who don't actually have asthma use it in cycling. I know, it's a shocker.

how much would a non asthmatic need before he gets any use out of it? and what use will he get from it?
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,254
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

06 Apr 2018 16:30

a non asthmatic using an asthma treatment, have the ethical committee seen this yet?
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,254
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

Re:

06 Apr 2018 16:39

rick james wrote:a non asthmatic using an asthma treatment, have the ethical committee seen this yet?


Because no one has ever made up exercise induced asthma to get a scrip in the history of cycling?

He mentions constriction of the airway, which Salbutamol might help.

rick james wrote:how much would a non asthmatic need before he gets any use out of it? and what use will he get from it?


Offhand I'd guess about twice the limit. :D
User avatar red_flanders
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,055
Joined: 03 Apr 2009 06:45

06 Apr 2018 21:00

Benauwdheid = dyspnoea, laboured breathing
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,296
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Re:

07 Apr 2018 00:05

red_flanders wrote:
rick james wrote:a non asthmatic using an asthma treatment, have the ethical committee seen this yet?


Because no one has ever made up exercise induced asthma to get a scrip in the history of cycling?

He mentions constriction of the airway, which Salbutamol might help.

rick james wrote:how much would a non asthmatic need before he gets any use out of it? and what use will he get from it?


Offhand I'd guess about twice the limit. :D


A lot of 'maybes" and 'guesses', RF.

Maybe it's time for a 'deep dive' on the Salbutomol thread.
Alpe73
Member
 
Posts: 690
Joined: 27 Dec 2012 01:23

Re: Re:

07 Apr 2018 10:57

rick james wrote:
red_flanders wrote:
rick james wrote:
Gung Ho Gun wrote:He says he puffed for a year because he suffered (anxiety/choking feeling? I don't know how to translate benauwdheid), stopped because it didn't help. He would definitely "take a small puff" if he started suffering from exercise-induced asthma.

what? it seems he is using it and doesn't have asthma! maybe something wrong in his head?


Maybe, just maybe, Salbutamol has uses in cycling other than the treatment of asthma. Apparently, some people who don't actually have asthma use it in cycling. I know, it's a shocker.

how much would a non asthmatic need before he gets any use out of it? and what use will he get from it?

There are many examples of drugs being used for treatment for other than their intended purpose.
So what's your point?
User avatar veganrob
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,465
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 23:15
Location: The D

Re: Re:

07 Apr 2018 14:03

Alpe73 wrote:
red_flanders wrote:
rick james wrote:a non asthmatic using an asthma treatment, have the ethical committee seen this yet?


Because no one has ever made up exercise induced asthma to get a scrip in the history of cycling?

He mentions constriction of the airway, which Salbutamol might help.

rick james wrote:how much would a non asthmatic need before he gets any use out of it? and what use will he get from it?


Offhand I'd guess about twice the limit. :D


A lot of 'maybes" and 'guesses', RF.

Maybe it's time for a 'deep dive' on the Salbutomol thread.


Lighten up, Francis. :lol:
User avatar red_flanders
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,055
Joined: 03 Apr 2009 06:45

09 Apr 2018 16:04

oh my god this clinic really overdoes themselves sometimes. hey he might have used nasal spray for a cold in the past. Fire him for doping. Jesus christ. lol
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran
 
Posts: 23,749
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 23:52
Location: Roermond, the Netherlands

13 May 2018 15:08

dumo is unbeatable in the tt and the moutains....losing only 12 secs...
gmedina
Junior Member
 
Posts: 174
Joined: 03 Jan 2013 18:21

13 May 2018 19:58

Well
Image

The amount of pure watts he has to put out in comparison to the lightweight climbers is unreal
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran
 
Posts: 23,749
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 23:52
Location: Roermond, the Netherlands

13 May 2018 20:03

Dumoulindurain
"I have seen many lean riders in the peloton, but very few Tour winners."
User avatar Pantani Attacks
Member
 
Posts: 893
Joined: 07 Jul 2015 11:39

Re:

14 May 2018 19:38

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Well

The amount of pure watts he has to put out in comparison to the lightweight climbers is unreal


purely on power to weight that graphic doesn't make a lot of sense. Is Pozzovivo really heavier than Chaves? Is Pozzo creating a lot of extra resistance by being out of the saddle constantly? Or are the power meters just out of calibration with one another?
proffate
Member
 
Posts: 418
Joined: 10 Jul 2012 01:35

Re: Re:

15 May 2018 08:36

proffate wrote:
Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Well

The amount of pure watts he has to put out in comparison to the lightweight climbers is unreal


purely on power to weight that graphic doesn't make a lot of sense. Is Pozzovivo really heavier than Chaves? Is Pozzo creating a lot of extra resistance by being out of the saddle constantly? Or are the power meters just out of calibration with one another?

Maybe just time in the wind. I know it averaged about 8% for the last 3km, but they must have been going over 20km/h for most of it, so drafting would have had some benefit. Especially in the last km and build up to the sprint.
User avatar DFA123
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,219
Joined: 07 Nov 2010 16:00
Location: Valencia

Re: Re:

15 May 2018 17:41

red_flanders wrote:
rick james wrote:
Gung Ho Gun wrote:He says he puffed for a year because he suffered (anxiety/choking feeling? I don't know how to translate benauwdheid), stopped because it didn't help. He would definitely "take a small puff" if he started suffering from exercise-induced asthma.

what? it seems he is using it and doesn't have asthma! maybe something wrong in his head?


Maybe, just maybe, Salbutamol has uses in cycling other than the treatment of asthma. Apparently, some people who don't actually have asthma use it in cycling. I know, it's a shocker.

What other uses? What's the point of this pointless reaction? :)
Kokoso
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,544
Joined: 22 Apr 2012 06:45

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: davebqvst and 22 guests

Back to top