Log in:  

Register

Team Sky and BC Books.

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Team Sky and BC Books.

24 Sep 2015 22:37

Just wanted to make a list of this because a) its getting really ridiculous and b) I think it ties in well with the theory I've said before that Sky and the whole gravy train as a whole are all in to milking as much out of the cow as possible. If they get caught down the liner they will have made such a killing from this anyway that it will have financially been totally worth it doping. Its not like you pay back the money you made from selling BS books to brainless morons).

I'm making this thread because I just heard the hillarious news that Wiggins is releasing ANOTHER book .

So we have

Froome autobiography.
Geraint Thomas autobiography (upcoming)
Dave Brailsford autobiography (upcoming)
Bradley Wiggins autobiography 1
Bradley Wiggins autobiography 2
Bradley Wiggins autobiography 3 (upcoming)
Inside Team Sky.
Dave Brailsford mastermind.
Dave Millar autobiograhy 1 (yes I know he's not IN sky atm but he's their number 1 cheerleader and close to all of them + close to BC)
Dave Millar autobiography 2 (upcoming)
Ellingworth autobiography (wtf even the 2nd tier coach of the team has 1)
Cav autobiography.

What else is there?

I think I remember at least 2 or 3 more ive seen. there was one about how sky conquered the world or some **** like that. Also one from ned boulting (saying ITV aren't part of Sky is like saying that the CIA isn't part of the US government).

What other ones have I forgotten.

How does compare to other champions in the past - Armstrong (he had about 3 or 4 iirc + Brunyeel) or Indurain, Contador, Merckx etc.

Seems to me to be a massive part of the Sky racket.

On a similar note what about documentaries, which is same principle.
So far I remember a Wiggins one by Sky, a Wiggins one by ITV, (also a Wiggins one by ES?). A Froome one by ITV and maybe a Cav one by ITV too.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran
 
Posts: 28,896
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

24 Sep 2015 22:51

Who is writing/ghost writing these books? Walsh is always being discussed, but I'm curious if there is any bigger picture that emerges when the other authors and publishers are brought in.
More Strides than Rides
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,159
Joined: 15 Mar 2011 23:52

Re: Team Sky and BC Books.

24 Sep 2015 22:53

I can think of a few more books. There is a lot more mind you. At least 20-30 more.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 21,472
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re:

24 Sep 2015 22:58

More Strides than Rides wrote:Who is writing/ghost writing these books? Walsh is always being discussed, but I'm curious if there is any bigger picture that emerges when the other authors and publishers are brought in.

Yes, I was thinking exactly the same about ghost writers. I know Wiggos first autobiography was ghostwritten by Sloberingham and the other one by Brendan Gallachar. Slobberingham also ghostwrote Millar's autobiography (and he also wrote the articles back when Millar was accusing Gaumont of being a jealous bitter liar). moore was the author of Dave Brailsford cycling jesus ( i mean genius).

Coincidentally all 3 - Slobberingham, moore and gallacker insist Sky are clean.

Well when you are directly making money off the myth that they are clean, by writing their books, it is in your financial interest to defend that myth.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran
 
Posts: 28,896
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

Re: Re:

24 Sep 2015 22:59

The Hitch wrote:
More Strides than Rides wrote:Who is writing/ghost writing these books? Walsh is always being discussed, but I'm curious if there is any bigger picture that emerges when the other authors and publishers are brought in.

Yes, I was thinking exactly the same about ghost writers. I know Wiggos first autobiography was ghostwritten by Sloberingham and the other one by Brendan Gallachar. Slobberingham also ghostwrote Millar's autobiography (and he also wrote the articles back when Millar was accusing Gaumont of being a jealous bitter liar). moore was the author of Dave Brailsford cycling jesus ( i mean genius).

Coincidentally all 3 - Slobberingham, moore and gallacker insist Sky are clean.

Well when you are directly making money off the myth that they are clean, by writing their books, no wonder you think they are clean.


A lot of them are dubbed "the official Sky" or have "Forward by Sir David Brailsford" to shift more copies of shill.
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 21,472
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Team Sky and BC Books.

24 Sep 2015 23:00

Some more, LOL!

Image

Image

Image
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 21,472
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Team Sky and BC Books.

24 Sep 2015 23:00

thehog wrote:I can think of a few more books. There is a lot more mind you. At least 20-30 more.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Thanks hog. Wow that's more than i thought.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran
 
Posts: 28,896
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

24 Sep 2015 23:44

Image


man, what a terrible photoshop job
User avatar zlev11
Member
 
Posts: 611
Joined: 23 Jan 2011 17:49

Re:

25 Sep 2015 00:14

zlev11 wrote:
Image


man, what a terrible photoshop job



Looks like the cover of a VHS video I saw in a Amsterdam movie shop circa 1995 :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 21,472
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

25 Sep 2015 03:51

il Mito wrote:“I’m in pension, I don’t give a **** about training,” Ferrari said. “They are all strong without me. Did you see the Tour de France?”
User avatar Fearless Greg Lemond
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,238
Joined: 20 Apr 2012 15:07
Location: Netherlands

25 Sep 2015 05:53

Christ. That must be like 95% of cycling books/biographies :cool: I mean, out of the current peloton, which riders/teams/team owners have their own book? I know Nibali has a book coming out, Gaimon has one, Unkle Bjarne, and???
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,293
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

25 Sep 2015 07:50

even the physio has a book out. There's no way that the UK press will do anything to uncover the sky fraud as they are making far to much from the current cycling boom.
bobbins
Member
 
Posts: 1,024
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 08:11
Location: Spain

25 Sep 2015 09:31

So this is relevant to doping how? Or is the post-national Hitch just trying to score a few points against the team he hates the most?
JimmyFingers
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,278
Joined: 17 Jul 2012 13:34

Re:

25 Sep 2015 10:52

JimmyFingers wrote:So this is relevant to doping how? Or is the post-national Hitch just trying to score a few points against the team he hates the most?


Ball not man jimmy.

It's relevant because it shows a wider economy of people profiting from the success. The traditional paradigm of a criminal and in particular a doper is of.a.selfish lone wolf who makes the individual decision to dope at the expense of others.

The books are one example of how a far wider circle is profiting from the success. You have all the backup staff and riders getting their own books or at least praised and mentioned in the books. You have the ghost writers getting the prestigious contracts, and fighting for the prestigious upcoming contracts for the books, and they just so happen to be the very journalists who get to write from the "frontline" in Britain's newspapers every week, on the topic of whether sky are legit. You have the book publishers, getting their 30 pieces of silver from the success.

And if you understand sociology and history and economics you'll know that histocially the criminals of any sort, that can embed themselves and their business within the upper scions of society and the wider economy, are usually those that end up getting away with it. Because it's too costly to bring them down.

In any case Wiggins having 3 autobiographies by his mid 30's is absolutely crazy. Geraint Thomas having one (is he even out of his 20's yet?) Likewise.

Ps, talking about relevance, how is the little.mocking shot at me -"post nationalist" relevant. It reminds me of the journos and Twitter users who dismiss tucker and vayer as "bitter French wankers". Desperate need to invent some ulterior evil motivation for the people criticising sky, because the idea that they might be doing so out of principle is too much to accept.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran
 
Posts: 28,896
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

25 Sep 2015 11:12

Nothing in comparison to what we see with footballers in England.

Rooney and Walcott have 5 and 4 book deals. Rio Ferdinand has 3 books. Gerrard has a number of books published about himself, including one just out in the last month. Ferguson has another book out this week, I've lost count how many he has done. The same with Harry Redknapp.

It's nothing new to see where particularly sporting autobiographies are done on an overused basis in Britain.
User avatar gooner
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,762
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 14:18

25 Sep 2015 11:14

Sorry but that is a huge stretch even for you, this literally has zero to do with whether some riders on Sky are doping or not and more about creating yet another thread berating them for whatever fresh thing you think they have done wrong. And comparing them to gangsters lauding it up with high society to prevent themselves being prosecuted is fairly typical of the bonkers conspiracy theories that this place regularly regurgitates.

And before the bot accusations come flying, I'm not saying Sky are clean, I'm saying them releasing books has NOTHING to do with them doping or no, nothing.

Another Sky thread in the clinic, about books, and yet we are told the reason they is some much chatter in the clinic about Sky because of all the Sky fans defending them, And then there's a thread like this. This place is in danger of becoming a parody of itself. In fact it probably already is.

And no mate, you called yourself post-national, in a vain attempt to try to dress yourself as some objective observer, without agenda or bias, and then you post this thread. Hence why I made the point of mentioning it. It does make me laugh.
JimmyFingers
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,278
Joined: 17 Jul 2012 13:34

25 Sep 2015 11:18

How is Hitch post-nationalist, he is not British???
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,293
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re:

25 Sep 2015 11:40

gooner wrote:Nothing in comparison to what we see with footballers in England.

Rooney and Walcott have 5 and 4 book deals. Rio Ferdinand has 3 books. Gerrard has a number of books published about himself, including one just out in the last month. Ferguson has another book out this week, I've lost count how many he has done. The same with Harry Redknapp.

It's nothing new to see where particularly sporting autobiographies are done on an overused basis in Britain.


It's not actually "nothing". You do like to play things down.
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 21,472
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Re:

25 Sep 2015 12:04

thehog wrote:
gooner wrote:Nothing in comparison to what we see with footballers in England.

Rooney and Walcott have 5 and 4 book deals. Rio Ferdinand has 3 books. Gerrard has a number of books published about himself, including one just out in the last month. Ferguson has another book out this week, I've lost count how many he has done. The same with Harry Redknapp.

It's nothing new to see where particularly sporting autobiographies are done on an overused basis in Britain.


It's not actually "nothing". You do like to play things down.


In comparison to footballers' autobiographies in England, it's nothing.

Rather address the facts I posted, than just simply say it's playing things down.

What's been posted here is nothing unique with books on other British sport.
User avatar gooner
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,762
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 14:18

25 Sep 2015 12:08

No you're wrong, book releases are clear evidence of Sky's racketeering and protection rackets
JimmyFingers
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,278
Joined: 17 Jul 2012 13:34

Next

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Norks74, Puckfiend and 23 guests

Back to top