Log in:  

Register

Team Sky and BC Books.

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

25 Sep 2015 12:17

JimmyFingers wrote:Sorry but that is a huge stretch even for you, this literally has zero to do with whether some riders on Sky are doping or not and more about creating yet another thread berating them for whatever fresh thing you think they have done wrong. And comparing them to gangsters lauding it up with high society to prevent themselves being prosecuted is fairly typical of the bonkers conspiracy theories that this place regularly regurgitates.

And before the bot accusations come flying, I'm not saying Sky are clean, I'm saying them releasing books has NOTHING to do with them doping or no, nothing.

Another Sky thread in the clinic, about books, and yet we are told the reason they is some much chatter in the clinic about Sky because of all the Sky fans defending them, And then there's a thread like this. This place is in danger of becoming a parody of itself. In fact it probably already is.

And no mate, you called yourself post-national, in a vain attempt to try to dress yourself as some objective observer, without agenda or bias, and then you post this thread. Hence why I made the point of mentioning it. It does make me laugh.


I am post national, treat all dopers and cyclists equally and have no bias or agenda for or against any tribe of people. Even many pro sky posters on here back me up on that.

Your desperate attempt to portray those who question Sky as having an agenda, is nothing new. Weve seen it a million times.
Armstrong himself always used to say it was just "bitter French" who doubted him and Sky this year started using the exact same song. Landis, wiggins told us, wasn't French but motivated by bitterness and a need to hurt people to make himself feel better. Ironically that was pretty much the same line Millar used in 04 on Gaumont. History repeats itself and dopers and their fans ALWAYS resort to the same pathetic but nonetheless tried and tested lines.

Where am I going with this? Well it takes us full circle, because at the end of the day what has always been the most famous and popular argument used by dopers and their fans to try and dismiss accusations against them.

Oh that's right - that the accusers are just doing it to promote a book :D
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,033
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

25 Sep 2015 12:21

I'm not even going to bother reading that. You posted a thread on the books Team Sky have released, and then say there's no agenda? It's another thread whinging about Sky, another attempt to try to make them look worse than everyone else, another attempt to create a conspiracy about them. To be honest it's pretty embarrassing.
JimmyFingers
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,278
Joined: 17 Jul 2012 13:34

Re:

25 Sep 2015 12:21

JimmyFingers wrote:No you're wrong, book releases are clear evidence of Sky's racketeering and protection rackets


Just like this guy who's following Wiggins' lead to hide his doping program.

Image

Image

And this new one next month.

Image
User avatar gooner
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,762
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 14:18

Re:

25 Sep 2015 12:25

JimmyFingers wrote:No you're wrong, book releases are clear evidence of Sky's racketeering and protection rackets

I don't think anyone ever said anything of the sort.

BTW why are you so obsessed about this thread existing? Its no big deal, its just a thread.

Have you even read any of these books. If you had, and you'd seen some of the absolutely bats*** insane arguments Sky and their authors make in them, you might understand why we would want a seperate thread in which to host a discussion about them.

Particularly funny, from memory, are the claims that Froome trains 4 hours every night with his strava off so that his coaches don't find out and the piece de resistance, the portrayal of Rod Ellingworth as "anti doping" :o
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,033
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

Re: Re:

25 Sep 2015 12:27

thehog wrote:
gooner wrote:Nothing in comparison to what we see with footballers in England.

Rooney and Walcott have 5 and 4 book deals. Rio Ferdinand has 3 books. Gerrard has a number of books published about himself, including one just out in the last month. Ferguson has another book out this week, I've lost count how many he has done. The same with Harry Redknapp.

It's nothing new to see where particularly sporting autobiographies are done on an overused basis in Britain.


It's not actually "nothing". You do like to play things down.

Oh, what a surprise, Gooner switching the subject to football ;)
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,033
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

Re:

25 Sep 2015 12:41

LaFlorecita wrote:How is Hitch post-nationalist, he is not British???

Well you too are post nationalist flo, or at least part of the group of people I am reffering to - those who do not base their opinions on where someone comes from, since you support, not Dutch riders but Contador. But its not like you merely shifted allegiance to another country, since you don't support all Spanish riders, hell you seem to hate some of them.

Your approach to cycling is post national because you use totally different standards to decide who you like - usually dependent on whether they ride for saxo or whether they say good things about Contador or not.

And that's true of most of us in the clinic. We don't judge people by their nationality like jimmy and the wider sky fanbase does.

Not that there's nothing wrong with supporting riders based on nationality, or any other form of tribalism. that itself is harmless. Plenty of Sky's doubters on here are Brits who still support British athletes. They just aknowledge that British athletes like everyone else dope and that the evidence against Sky is overwhelming and way past the point that one could make a remotely rational case for the team not being doped.

The problem emerges when one people's national bias is so strong they can't aknowledge that, and defend people purely based on where they come from. In my eyes, its sad and no worse or better than any other form of discrimination.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran
 
Posts: 29,033
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

Re: Re:

25 Sep 2015 12:55

The Hitch wrote:
thehog wrote:
gooner wrote:Nothing in comparison to what we see with footballers in England.

Rooney and Walcott have 5 and 4 book deals. Rio Ferdinand has 3 books. Gerrard has a number of books published about himself, including one just out in the last month. Ferguson has another book out this week, I've lost count how many he has done. The same with Harry Redknapp.

It's nothing new to see where particularly sporting autobiographies are done on an overused basis in Britain.


It's not actually "nothing". You do like to play things down.

Oh, what a surprise, Gooner switching the subject to football ;)


And???

There's cricket above too. ;)

All to give context.
Last edited by gooner on 25 Sep 2015 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar gooner
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,762
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 14:18

Re: Re:

25 Sep 2015 12:55

The Hitch wrote:
JimmyFingers wrote:No you're wrong, book releases are clear evidence of Sky's racketeering and protection rackets

I don't think anyone ever said anything of the sort.

BTW why are you so obsessed about this thread existing? Its no big deal, its just a thread.

Have you even read any of these books. If you had, and you'd seen some of the absolutely bats*** insane arguments Sky and their authors make in them, you might understand why we would want a seperate thread in which to host a discussion about them.

Particularly funny, from memory, are the claims that Froome trains 4 hours every night with his strava off so that his coaches don't find out and the piece de resistance, the portrayal of Rod Ellingworth as "anti doping" :o


You equated them releasing books with criminal gangs inserting themselves into the upper echelons of society, so they become institutionalised and difficult to bring to justice. As I said, embarrassing. As for obsession, this is your thread, you posted it, so who is the one obsessed?
JimmyFingers
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,278
Joined: 17 Jul 2012 13:34

Re:

25 Sep 2015 13:37

JimmyFingers wrote:No you're wrong, book releases are clear evidence of Sky's racketeering and protection rackets

Damn right..............I'm fully expecting a leaked video of Froome burying his face in a massive mound of Peruvian marching powder before suggesting we meet his little friend.................(then he opens the door and Richie Porte is waiting outside........)
Handy Bendy Ghandi
New Member
 
Posts: 44
Joined: 23 Jul 2015 09:19

Re:

25 Sep 2015 13:59

[url][/url]
JimmyFingers wrote:No you're wrong, book releases are clear evidence of Sky's racketeering and protection rackets


Well if you hire cycling journalists to write your library of cycling books about your team, riders, coaches, managers etc they are not going to bite the hand that feeds them! So yes it is a protection racket.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,530
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

Re: Re:

25 Sep 2015 14:01

gooner wrote:
JimmyFingers wrote:No you're wrong, book releases are clear evidence of Sky's racketeering and protection rackets


Just like this guy who's following Wiggins' lead to hide his doping program.



Cricket is hardly a 'clean' sport. Match fixing in cricket is a big problem.
Last edited by Benotti69 on 25 Sep 2015 19:40, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,530
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

25 Sep 2015 14:08

As evidenced by the large numbers of books about cricket.
JimmyFingers
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,278
Joined: 17 Jul 2012 13:34

Re: Re:

25 Sep 2015 14:09

Benotti69 wrote:[url][/url]
JimmyFingers wrote:No you're wrong, book releases are clear evidence of Sky's racketeering and protection rackets


Well if you hire cycling journalists to write your library of cycling books about your team, riders, coaches, managers etc they are not going to bite the hand that feeds them! So yes it is a protection racket.


No no I agree, I'm with this one. Books=doping. It's as clear as day.
JimmyFingers
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,278
Joined: 17 Jul 2012 13:34

Re: Re:

25 Sep 2015 14:20

No no I agree, I'm with this one. Books=doping. It's as clear as day.


It's obviously not direct evidence, but sociologically speaking it makes perfect sense.
tantocomo
New Member
 
Posts: 43
Joined: 13 Apr 2015 23:54

Re: Re:

25 Sep 2015 14:24

Benotti69 wrote:
Cricket is hardly a 'clean' sport. Match fixing in cricket is a big problem.


No one is denying that but then it's a stretch to say Pietersen is releasing books to camouflage what you say.
User avatar gooner
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,762
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 14:18

25 Sep 2015 14:25

The book deals have nothing to do with doping. However, they have everything to do with there being many people with a vested interest in Sky not being busted.
User avatar hrotha
Veteran
 
Posts: 15,768
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

25 Sep 2015 14:28

Yes, book publishers carry a lot of sway with doping authorities.

Here's my alternative theory: they are released to make money. Like the other gazillion sports books out there.

I'm wondering if the clinic has finally jumped the shark.
JimmyFingers
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,278
Joined: 17 Jul 2012 13:34

Re:

25 Sep 2015 14:30

JimmyFingers wrote:Here's my alternative theory: they are released to make money.

That is kind of the point.
User avatar hrotha
Veteran
 
Posts: 15,768
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

Re:

25 Sep 2015 14:37

JimmyFingers wrote:Yes, book publishers carry a lot of sway with doping authorities.

Here's my alternative theory: they are released to make money. Like the other gazillion sports books out there.

I'm wondering if the clinic has finally jumped the shark.


That's basically it and in British sport(not including cycling) this is nothing out of the ordinary. It's done to saturation point.
User avatar gooner
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,762
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 14:18

Re: Re:

25 Sep 2015 14:40

hrotha wrote:
JimmyFingers wrote:Here's my alternative theory: they are released to make money.

That is kind of the point.


So if you release books or sign big sponsorship deals to make money, it's indicative of doping?
JimmyFingers
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,278
Joined: 17 Jul 2012 13:34

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Back to top