Register

Motor doping thread

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

30 Jan 2016 18:53

Apparently her walking across the finish line alerted UCI officials.....

At 44:20 on the UCI feed of u23 woman's race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEEP7EGFk_U#t=2677
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re: Re:

30 Jan 2016 18:56

sniper wrote:
hrotha wrote:It remains to be seen how easy it was to detect. Everybody can put a motor in their bike. Avoiding detection (which is what makes it feasible in a professional context) is a different matter altogether.

it doesn't matter if it's technologically possible.
motordoping is ethically so far out that nobody would even consider it.
doping, yes, motordoping, nah.
:rolleyes:

Hey, you tell that to whoever argued that. I always questioned its feasibility, not pro riders' willingness to exploit something illegal. Closest thing to that I ever said was that it was likely to be seen as much worse than doping within the peloton.
User avatar hrotha
Veteran

30 Jan 2016 19:06

Wonder will Wilier Triestina sue?
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

30 Jan 2016 19:19

MarkvW wrote:
sniper wrote:this must be a hoax.
the technology doesn't exist yet.

I'm a believer now. Go SPARTACUS Go!!!

I am curious if that year by Matti Breschel was legit or not, when he was at CSC, because he did have a fine year that year with Spartacus.

But, in MB's defense, when he first came into the peloton as a 22 or 21 yo, he had a great debut, I remember he was winning Dreidaagse Van Vlaanderen or Four Days of Dunkirk, one of those races, and Robbie Mcewen tangled up with him and he had a pretty bad collarbone break. So he did have alot of talent.
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

30 Jan 2016 19:25

Let's see who withdraws from the other U23 race, and the elite ones. I sense that a flu is coming
Last edited by Random Direction on 30 Jan 2016 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Random Direction

Re:

30 Jan 2016 19:26

Benotti69 wrote:remember when Ryder 'crap on epo' Hesjedal said

"It's the stupidest thing. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of, It's not possible. It's just not possible"

that new trek of his has a massive down tube!

lady macbeth

doth

pro

test

hard
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

30 Jan 2016 19:31

Femke van den Driessche's brother is under a suspension for EPO. Ironically her team has "No Drugs" jersey logo
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

30 Jan 2016 19:41

hrotha wrote:
sniper wrote:
hrotha wrote:It remains to be seen how easy it was to detect. Everybody can put a motor in their bike. Avoiding detection (which is what makes it feasible in a professional context) is a different matter altogether.

Hey, you tell that to whoever argued that. I always questioned its feasibility, not pro riders' willingness to exploit something illegal. Closest thing to that I ever said was that it was likely to be seen as much worse than doping within the peloton.

and that in itself isn't a bad argument, to be fair.
but the evidence of motorization has been so overwhelming (regardless of Femke van Driesschen) that it easily outweighs/ed any ethical counterargument.
sniper
Veteran

30 Jan 2016 19:45

Funny

Mathieuvanderpoel @mathieuvdpoel 18m

Positive side to this story: the cheater got caught! Good job @UCI_cycling!

Antoine VAYER @festinaboy 5m

Not your father, Mathieu. Not your father. Another story.

:D
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

30 Jan 2016 19:47

Van den Driessche bike had electric cables in the seat tube and a motor in the bottom bracket

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/veldrijden/1.2559848
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

30 Jan 2016 19:48

As much as I've sadly enough accepted medical doping as part of the game to increase your OWN power ...

I ain't gonna accept any cheating with motors anytime. This is bike racing. Not motorbike racing.

I certainly hope the UCI's got the same view on it and fights just this one very hard!

I would rate Vaughters & co hypocrite enough to truly believe that mechanical doping at least ain't got no bad influence on the riders health and ain't that sleazy because of that. He's such a goof and ain't got no clue about true cycling passion after all!
Last edited by staubsauger on 30 Jan 2016 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar staubsauger

30 Jan 2016 19:49

sniper wrote:and that in itself isn't a bad argument, to be fair.
but the evidence of motorization has been so overwhelming (regardless of Femke van Driesschen) that it easily outweighs/ed any ethical counterargument.

"Overwhelming evidence"? Lal.
User avatar hrotha
Veteran

30 Jan 2016 19:58

sniper wrote:
hrotha wrote:
sniper wrote:

C'mon sniper. "Overwhelming evidence?" Until today the most it's been is "very suspicious."
User avatar MarkvW
Veteran

30 Jan 2016 19:59

It was only a matter of time before someone got caught red-handed with a motorized bike. I'm interested to see how the UCI reacts to this.
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

30 Jan 2016 20:04

hrotha wrote:

MarkvW wrote:C'mon sniper. "Overwhelming evidence?" Until today the most it's been is "very suspicious."

If you have filmcrews filming how it's being done, installed, used in competition, and multiple unrelated sources including pro's telling they know it's been/being used, etc., you don't find that overwhelming?
sniper
Veteran

30 Jan 2016 20:17

MarkvW wrote:
sniper wrote:
hrotha wrote:
sniper wrote:

C'mon sniper. "Overwhelming evidence?" Until today the most it's been is "very suspicious."

Casani presented a bike with a motor at Il Giro in 2010/11?

That the UCI were x-raying bikes is overwhelming evidence as well.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

30 Jan 2016 20:22

sniper wrote:
hrotha wrote:

MarkvW wrote:C'mon sniper. "Overwhelming evidence?" Until today the most it's been is "very suspicious."

If you have filmcrews filming how it's being done, installed, used in competition, and multiple unrelated sources including pro's telling they know it's been/being used, etc., you don't find that overwhelming?

Dude. There's companies out there that let you buy complete systems online... It's been not just feasible, but practical and affordable since 2010.

John Swanson
ScienceIsCool

30 Jan 2016 20:25

It's not evidence that Cancellara in particular used it. I don't know why this needs to be pointed out.
User avatar hrotha
Veteran

Re:

30 Jan 2016 20:31

hrotha wrote:It's not evidence that Cancellara in particular used it.
agreed.
"overwhelming" applies to the evidence of motordoping in competitive cycling (amateurs and/or pros), not to cancellara 2010 in particular.

That said, the evidence of the feasibility of motorization ad 2010 imo does add to the body of circumstantial evidence against Cance 2010.
Last edited by sniper on 30 Jan 2016 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
sniper
Veteran

Re:

30 Jan 2016 20:32

Benotti69 wrote:Van den Driessche bike had electric cables in the seat tube and a motor in the bottom bracket

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/veldrijden/1.2559848

Wow, I'm honestly shocked, no sarcasm.

I was firmly in the "impossible, can't happen" camp, but it appears that was proven wrong now.
User avatar spalco
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic