Register

Motor doping thread

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

20 Oct 2018 11:00

I was eating Alphabetti spaghetti last night and if I picked the letters out carefully it spelled out this message: "motors are commonplace". I wish I'd taken a photograph as I know the Kool-Aid-drinking skepthicks round here won't believe me, but it's true, true I tell you.
User avatar fmk_RoI

Re: Motor doping thread

21 Oct 2018 16:01

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/well/move/a-device-that-makes-running-faster-and-easier.html

Not motorized yet, but would be easy to include system sending electrical impulses to specific muscle groups to make it even more “efficient.”
Sciatic

21 Oct 2018 16:15

Sciatic wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/well/move/a-device-that-makes-running-faster-and-easier.html

Not motorized yet, but would be easy to include system sending electrical impulses to specific muscle groups to make it even more “efficient.”
Isn't this largely what toe-traps/clip-in pedals - c19th inventions - already do in cycling?
User avatar fmk_RoI

02 Nov 2018 09:17

I was chatting with @ewonsprokler on twitter.

he says Landis didnt speak about motors, in the Benson interview.

I replied, why a broken man, no money, no wife, destroyed, father in law killed himself, no future, didnt talk about motors if he wanted to bring and crush diown Lance.
he had nothing to lose

show us the motors Floyd!
pastronef

03 Nov 2018 07:03

I don't know how relevant this is but I have a co-worker who has a motor in his BMX bike. It is in his frame but you can't tell it is there because it isn't a bulkier frame than other BMX bikes. Without pedaling he is able to go around 10-20mph depending on the terrain with just the motor. He doesn't have a switch to activate it, he just has to hold the pedals at a 90 degree angle for 3 seconds and it turns on/off. It also doesn't make any noticeable noise but you csn definitely feel the heat when you touch the frame.
User avatar SHAD0W93

11 Dec 2018 22:13

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mclaren-power-into-cycling-with-bahrain-merida-joint-venture/
McLaren power into cycling with Bahrain-Merida joint venture

Ummm ... :D
"Imagine your loved ones conquered by Napoleon and forced to live under French rule. Do you want them to eat that rich food and those heavy sauces? Do you want them to have soufflé every meal and croissant?"
User avatar Robert5091

Previous

Return to The Clinic