Register

Sagan Clean?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: Sagan Clean?

14 Nov 2017 11:16

Is Vila even a good coach? The "Live High Train Low" session shortly before Het Nieuwsblad, was that responsible? Michel Wuyts had his doubts about it (live coverage of Paris-Roubaix).

I always keep my doubts in the private sphere when there's no concrete evidxence but about Vila, there is evidence. Let's also remember that he did not dope for any other substance, it was testosteron. Mentioning the incriminated substance is important, not just whether there had been a positive test or not.
Echoes

14 Nov 2017 12:14

Echoes wrote:Is Vila even a good coach? The "Live High Train Low" session shortly before Het Nieuwsblad, was that responsible? Michel Wuyts had his doubts about it (live coverage of Paris-Roubaix).

I always keep my doubts in the private sphere when there's no concrete evidxence but about Vila, there is evidence. Let's also remember that he did not dope for any other substance, it was testosteron. Mentioning the incriminated substance is important, not just whether there had been a positive test or not.

Correction. He was only ever caught using testosterone. In the history of doping, use of this product alone would be very rare.
brownbobby

14 Nov 2017 13:57

Echoes wrote:
Kokoso wrote:This isn't even an argument. Trying to prove that someone is clean because someone else probably wasn't...

Those in the PRR section know that I'm certainly not the one wishing to prove Sagan is clean. On the contrary I'm waiting for the moment the truth will be revealed if it ever comes.

But rather Durden's argument is a non-argument. It's peaking for one specific moment that is abnormal. Being consistent throughout the season if you are a top rider is the norm.

Spot on! Great champions are always good, on a high level, rarely off-form, and even then they produce decent results. You can't loose 5 minutes on a mountain in March and April, and then in June and July destroy the whole field with ease!
User avatar Blanco

Previous

Return to The Clinic