Register

Sagan Clean?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

01 Aug 2017 06:36

Sagan looks twice the size of his competitors going up that climb yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy8tlWxEHVw
Then look how long Sagan stays seated with no or hardly any upper body movement, compared to most of his competitors, on a partially 17% steep climb.
Sagan, the super sprinter-climber.
sniper
Veteran

Re:

01 Aug 2017 17:49

sniper wrote:Sagan looks twice the size of his competitors going up that climb yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy8tlWxEHVw
Then look how long Sagan stays seated with no or hardly any upper body movement, compared to most of his competitors, on a partially 17% steep climb.
Sagan, the super sprinter-climber.

I actually think Sagan is looking thinner than at the TDF.
yaco

Re: Re:

01 Aug 2017 17:58

yaco wrote:...
I actually think Sagan is looking thinner than at the TDF.

Possible.
But that still doesn't make him thin, does it.
With that physique, to stay seated, with hardly any upper body movement, and still keep the pace of more genuine climbers, on a climb with 17% parts, finishing it off with a mighty sprint.
He's challenging simple laws of gravity there. You can't easily explain that only with doping.
You can easily explain it with doping and a motor.
But if you want to go for the difficult explanation, be my guest.
sniper
Veteran

01 Aug 2017 20:34

Sagan is the Usain Bolt of cycling. Deemed important to the overall popularity of the sport and the biggest personality in the peloton at present. His power while remaining seated is frightening at times and he is a decent climber for a powerfully built rider. This popularity gives him an extra shield against any detection.
ontheroad

Re:

01 Aug 2017 21:07

ontheroad wrote:Sagan is the Usain Bolt of cycling. Deemed important to the overall popularity of the sport and the biggest personality in the peloton at present. His power while remaining seated is frightening at times and he is a decent climber for a powerfully built rider. This popularity gives him an extra shield against any detection.

At least, That's what HE thinks. It will eventually come out that he was dirty(it ALWAYS does).
User avatar 86TDFWinner

01 Aug 2017 21:10

86TDFWinner wrote:
ontheroad wrote:Sagan is the Usain Bolt of cycling. Deemed important to the overall popularity of the sport and the biggest personality in the peloton at present. His power while remaining seated is frightening at times and he is a decent climber for a powerfully built rider. This popularity gives him an extra shield against any detection.

At least, That's what HE thinks. It will eventually come out that he was dirty(it ALWAYS does).

Not really. Lemond isn't outed, yet.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

08 Aug 2017 21:57

Sagan went up several levels at the point he won first World title. No doubt started taking his job seriously and preparing fully.
arvc40

24 Sep 2017 17:14

So, on the day Sagan wins his third WC on the bounce after claiming to be ill all week, I have to go to the second page of the thread lists to find the 'Sagan Clean' thread? Has The Clinic drank the Kool Aid?

‪Any explanation for Sagan pedaling after finish line while everybody else is freewheeling? Almost as is those cranks are turning him and not the other way around! Allegedly. :D [url]https://twitter.com/cyclingnieuws1/status/911963544719110145‬[/url]
User avatar TeflonDub

Re:

24 Sep 2017 17:28

TeflonDub wrote:‪Any explanation for Sagan pedaling after finish line while everybody else is freewheeling? Almost as is those cranks are turning him and not the other way around!
Have we yet seen a version of a motor that is linked to the cranks?
User avatar fmk_RoI

24 Sep 2017 17:50

fmk_RoI wrote:
TeflonDub wrote:‪Any explanation for Sagan pedaling after finish line while everybody else is freewheeling? Almost as is those cranks are turning him and not the other way around!

At 2:00 into embedded video, CBS animation of what Varjas described to them and fitted into a Trek 5900 they provided him. It's pretty dated technology and doubt Sagan has something so old, just thought I would ask for opinions.

http://www.cetusnews.com/news/60-Minutes-investigates-hidden-motors-and-pro-cycling.rkm-TVG5YZ.html
User avatar TeflonDub

24 Sep 2017 17:52

TeflonDub wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:

At 2:00 into embedded video, CBS animation of what Varjas described to them and fitted into a Trek 5900 they provided him. It's pretty dated technology and doubt Sagan has something so old, just thought I would ask for opinions.

http://www.cetusnews.com/news/60-Minutes-investigates-hidden-motors-and-pro-cycling.rkm-TVG5YZ.html
You want an opinion? You're bonkers.
User avatar fmk_RoI

24 Sep 2017 18:08

fmk_RoI wrote:
TeflonDub wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:

You want an opinion? You're bonkers.

Ah, yes, the classic ad hominem dismissal. Thanks. I thought unclipping while making a final effort inside the last 200 meters of an uphill sprint and still being able to hold off GVA and Matthews was bonkers, so maybe me and bonkers belong together! But yeah, all bow to Sagan, so good he can beat the best on one leg.
https://youtu.be/Z2-h3PFjQHA
User avatar TeflonDub

24 Sep 2017 18:33

TeflonDub wrote:inside the last 200 meters of an uphill sprint
I thought the last 200 were downhill? I'll find a source for that claim, if you really insist...
User avatar fmk_RoI

24 Sep 2017 18:35

Today it was downhill, in the Tour it was uphill.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

24 Sep 2017 18:42

fmk_RoI wrote:
TeflonDub wrote:inside the last 200 meters of an uphill sprint
I thought the last 200 were downhill? I'll find a source for that claim, if you really insist...

What does Cat-3 mean?
User avatar TeflonDub

24 Sep 2017 18:42

Yes. The only (known) motor ever caught by the UCI used by the pre race favourite at the world champs.
Tienus

Re:

24 Sep 2017 20:49

TeflonDub wrote:So, on the day Sagan wins his third WC on the bounce after claiming to be ill all week, I have to go to the second page of the thread lists to find the 'Sagan Clean' thread? Has The Clinic drank the Kool Aid?

‪Any explanation for Sagan pedaling after finish line while everybody else is freewheeling? Almost as is those cranks are turning him and not the other way around! Allegedly. :D [url]https://twitter.com/cyclingnieuws1/status/911963544719110145‬[/url]

Aint nobody believing Sagan is clean. No chance.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re:

24 Sep 2017 21:20

TeflonDub wrote:So, on the day Sagan wins his third WC on the bounce after claiming to be ill all week, I have to go to the second page of the thread lists to find the 'Sagan Clean' thread? Has The Clinic drank the Kool Aid?

Are you suggesting he might have had a motor because of that?

It's possible to keep pedalling after a sprint. Many do.

Worst evidence I've ever seen.
''The battle between Démare and Bouhanni for being France's best sprinter is decided: it's Coquard.'' - BBB
User avatar BigMac
Veteran

25 Sep 2017 01:39

Are you suggesting he might have had a motor because of that?

It's possible to keep pedalling after a sprint. Many do.

Worst evidence I've ever seen.

I dunno, after watching the clip a few times, it does look kind of odd. It's kind of like he forgot that he was riding a fixie, and needed to keep up with the crank speed.
Huapango

25 Sep 2017 02:42

Peaking from February to September. Not normal.
Durden93

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic