Register

Sagan Clean?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re:

25 Sep 2017 07:26

Durden93 wrote:Peaking from February to September. Not normal.

Lol Is that irony?
Echoes

25 Sep 2017 08:24

He doesn't have a three week Tour in his legs though!
User avatar Gung Ho Gun

Re: Re:

25 Sep 2017 10:24

Huapango wrote:
Are you suggesting he might have had a motor because of that?

It's possible to keep pedalling after a sprint. Many do.

Worst evidence I've ever seen.

I dunno, after watching the clip a few times, it does look kind of odd. It's kind of like he forgot that he was riding a fixie, and needed to keep up with the crank speed.

From my memory I believe he does this (pedaling after finishing his sprint) almost always. I always thought it is part of recovery, i.e. that he changes the gears and spins a bit to relieve his legs after effort.
PeterB

25 Sep 2017 13:01

Huapango wrote:
I dunno, after watching the clip a few times, it does look kind of odd. It's kind of like he forgot that he was riding a fixie, and needed to keep up with the crank speed.

So how is he able to not pedal when he does the bike throw?
rekhyt

25 Sep 2017 15:18

PeterB wrote:
Huapango wrote:
Are you suggesting he might have had a motor because of that?

It's possible to keep pedalling after a sprint. Many do.

Worst evidence I've ever seen.

From my memory I believe he does this (pedaling after finishing his sprint) almost always. I always thought it is part of recovery, i.e. that he changes the gears and spins a bit to relieve his legs after effort.

Part recovery, part idiosyncrasy probably.

Do sprinters use steroids or is it too glowy?
jahn

25 Sep 2017 16:15

rekhyt wrote:
Huapango wrote:

Didn't you get the memo? Logic is not allowed here.
User avatar Squire

25 Sep 2017 17:09

TeflonDub wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
TeflonDub wrote:inside the last 200 meters of an uphill sprint
I thought the last 200 were downhill? I'll find a source for that claim, if you really insist...

What does Cat-3 mean?
It's a kind of cable, isn't it? Ethernet? Telephone?

Is this the general knowledge round?
User avatar fmk_RoI

25 Sep 2017 18:15

Between spinning fast after the finish of a race and stuffing his mouth with Harribo Gummies, Sagan might be onto something cutting-edge.
Huapango

25 Sep 2017 18:28

Huapango wrote:

Between spinning fast after the finish of a race and stuffing his mouth with Harribo Gummies, Sagan might be onto something cutting-edge.
:lol:
User avatar fmk_RoI

26 Sep 2017 07:15

rekhyt wrote:
Huapango wrote:

new cutting edge state-of-the-art self aware computer chip that turns off the motor for a fraction of a second before the bike throw and then turn it on after finish...why does it turn it on after the finish? well the technology isnt quite there yet :geek:
saganftw

26 Sep 2017 07:47

Benotti69 wrote:
TeflonDub wrote:So, on the day Sagan wins his third WC on the bounce after claiming to be ill all week, I have to go to the second page of the thread lists to find the 'Sagan Clean' thread? Has The Clinic drank the Kool Aid?

‪Any explanation for Sagan pedaling after finish line while everybody else is freewheeling? Almost as is those cranks are turning him and not the other way around! Allegedly. :D [url]https://twitter.com/cyclingnieuws1/status/911963544719110145‬[/url]

Aint nobody believing Sagan is clean. No chance.

Certainly almost zero chance, I agree. Hey, he's a winning pro bike racer...

I won't say "no chance" because he's always been at a pretty high level, and coming from MTB he's got obvious skills.
But also no guarantee that he will be caught.

My take is that he's pretty gifted physically and reacts well to whatever "training program" he's on.
Bolder

27 Sep 2017 00:08

fmk_RoI wrote:
TeflonDub wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
TeflonDub wrote:inside the last 200 meters of an uphill sprint
I thought the last 200 were downhill? I'll find a source for that claim, if you really insist...

What does Cat-3 mean?
It's a kind of cable, isn't it? Ethernet? Telephone?

Is this the general knowledge round?

I think what you meant to say was, "oh, sorry for trying to be a smart **** and getting so delighted with myself that I thought I caught you thinking the Bergen finish was an uphill finish when clever people like me who talk loudly in restaurants know that it was actually downhill so I had to jump on here really quickly to rub it in your face but I would have been better off noticing that the uphill finish you mentioned was in the YouTube clip you posted along with the comment about Sagan unclipping while still winning and that was actually Stage 3 of this year's tour with a Category 3 finish into Longwy and now I feel like such an idiot."

Damn autocorrect, right?
User avatar TeflonDub

27 Sep 2017 03:06

Echoes wrote:
Durden93 wrote:Peaking from February to September. Not normal.

Lol Is that irony?

Why would it be?
Durden93

Re: Sagan Clean?

27 Sep 2017 08:52

Museeuw peaking strictly in April, was it normal?
Echoes

28 Sep 2017 22:54

Echoes wrote:Museeuw peaking strictly in April, was it normal?

No it wasn't. But it's pretty well acknowledged that clean athletes can't hold form for 8 months. You need time to recover.
Durden93

28 Sep 2017 23:55

OK- my opinion and just that!
When money is involved (and even not involved "see Olympics"), it becomes a show. The show makes money. What the athletes or performers will do to make the show good is everything they can can to make the show good. All sports that are making money off the public are sort of rigged are they not? I love cycling, but I watch all sports with a suspended disbelief. All sports are just like WWE which years ago people figured out was fake yet they still watch. Or is it fake? They are still performers doing all they can do to perform. You can either enjoy it or stop watching, it's your choice.
Giusepperides
Newly Registered Member

10 Oct 2017 17:20

Echoes wrote:Museeuw peaking strictly in April, was it normal?

This isn't even an argument. Trying to prove that someone is clean because someone else probably wasn't...
Kokoso

10 Oct 2017 17:24

Giusepperides wrote:OK- my opinion and just that!
When money is involved (and even not involved "see Olympics"), it becomes a show. The show makes money. What the athletes or performers will do to make the show good is everything they can can to make the show good. All sports that are making money off the public are sort of rigged are they not? I love cycling, but I watch all sports with a suspended disbelief. All sports are just like WWE which years ago people figured out was fake yet they still watch. Or is it fake? They are still performers doing all they can do to perform. You can either enjoy it or stop watching, it's your choice.

Nothing there regarding Sagan in Sagan thread. Just blanket talking. Or did your words mean Sagan is doping?
Kokoso

11 Oct 2017 11:01

Kokoso wrote:This isn't even an argument. Trying to prove that someone is clean because someone else probably wasn't...

Those in the PRR section know that I'm certainly not the one wishing to prove Sagan is clean. On the contrary I'm waiting for the moment the truth will be revealed if it ever comes.

But rather Durden's argument is a non-argument. It's peaking for one specific moment that is abnormal. Being consistent throughout the season if you are a top rider is the norm.
Echoes

13 Nov 2017 14:25

Interview in Cycling Weekly with Sagan’s coach.
http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/how-peter-sagans-coach-helped-unlock-his-amazing-talent-358190

The most frustrating part of the whole interview?

“[Ed: Vila and Bora-Hansgrohe declined to comment on Vila’s own doping sanction from 2008]”

I️ mean, come on, Bora, at least have a pre-prepared statement ready for that inevitable question.
Leinster

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic