Register

Sagan Clean?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

09 Apr 2018 17:41

El Pistolero wrote:You'd guess wrong then. Doping is prevalent in the U23 categories as well. And no, he wasn't required to dope, he made that decision himself. His results mean nothing as he wouldn't have won a fraction of the races he won as a pro if he was clean. Kelme was one of the most disgusting teams to ever exist, using domestiques as guinny pigs nearly killing at least one of them. If hell exists Valverde will burn for his sins, along with all the others who were responsible in maintaining that doping culture + omerta.

That will include Contador, Nibali, Gilbert and Boonen for example...
User avatar Blanco

Re: Sagan Clean?

09 Apr 2018 18:30

I really hope he is clean!
flechewallone
Newly Registered Member

Re: Re:

09 Apr 2018 19:25

Blanco wrote:
El Pistolero wrote:You'd guess wrong then. Doping is prevalent in the U23 categories as well. And no, he wasn't required to dope, he made that decision himself. His results mean nothing as he wouldn't have won a fraction of the races he won as a pro if he was clean. Kelme was one of the most disgusting teams to ever exist, using domestiques as guinny pigs nearly killing at least one of them. If hell exists Valverde will burn for his sins, along with all the others who were responsible in maintaining that doping culture + omerta.

Here we were thinking hell was for the unbelievers; turns out it's filled to the brim with professional sporters.
User avatar Gung Ho Gun

09 Apr 2018 20:00

Blanco wrote:

they didn't almost kill their team-mates with disgusting experiments. Also where's your proof against some of the mentioned names? Yet you claim Valverde is clean LOL. You're delusional.
User avatar El Pistolero
Veteran

09 Apr 2018 20:26

El Pistolero wrote:
Blanco wrote:

they didn't almost kill their team-mates with disgusting experiments. Also where's your proof against some of the mentioned names? Yet you claim Valverde is clean LOL. You're delusional.

Nor did Valverde.
I don't need proofs, I'm not a prosecutor. Common sense leads to that "proofs". Nibali worked and is still working with Il dottore Michelle Ferrari. Gilbert rediscovered his 2009-2011 form when reunited with Ibarguren. And do you really think Boonen was only on cocaine?
And I'm not claiming Valverde is clean.
User avatar Blanco

09 Apr 2018 21:09

Blanco wrote:
El Pistolero wrote:
Blanco wrote:

Nor did Valverde.
I don't need proofs, I'm not a prosecutor. Common sense leads to that "proofs". Nibali worked and is still working with Il dottore Michelle Ferrari. Gilbert rediscovered his 2009-2011 form when reunited with Ibarguren. And do you really think Boonen was only on cocaine?
and now Nibali is still working with Ferarri lmao? Even if he's doping nobody would be that stupid to still work with him as just being seen with him can get you banned these days. As I said, you're completely delusional and in denial. Valverde was one of the leaders at Kelme, he's guilty and the fact you still suck up to him makes you deplorable.
User avatar El Pistolero
Veteran

09 Apr 2018 23:12

Hold up a second, sunshine. You seem to be confused as to the location of the Valverde thread, as lately you've just coming in swinging at him in a number of threads in the hope that you've found the right one. But this is the Sagan thread. This is my turf. I'm the one that runs the vendetta round here, kiddo. Don't make me dust off my Rock impressions again.
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran

Re:

09 Apr 2018 23:28

Libertine Seguros wrote:Hold up a second, sunshine. You seem to be confused as to the location of the Valverde thread, as lately you've just coming in swinging at him in a number of threads in the hope that you've found the right one. But this is the Sagan thread. This is my turf. I'm the one that runs the vendetta round here, kiddo. Don't make me dust off my Rock impressions again.

Obviously he hates Valverde and wants to make that clear apparently in all threads.
User avatar Koronin

10 Apr 2018 02:19

Koronin wrote:
Libertine Seguros wrote:Hold up a second, sunshine. You seem to be confused as to the location of the Valverde thread, as lately you've just coming in swinging at him in a number of threads in the hope that you've found the right one. But this is the Sagan thread. This is my turf. I'm the one that runs the vendetta round here, kiddo. Don't make me dust off my Rock impressions again.

Obviously he hates Valverde and wants to make that clear apparently in all threads.

Yes and others love Valverde and want to make that clear in apparently all the threads. It evens its self out I'd say.

That said. Nope he's dirty.
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

Re:

10 Apr 2018 06:33

I wasn't the one that brought Valverde into this discussion. It's other people that keep bringing him up in unrelated threads, so I retaliate. I agree it's annoying, but when someone uses Valverde as an example of clean cycling I just have to respond.
User avatar El Pistolero
Veteran

10 Apr 2018 06:47

But in this thread Valverde was introduced as the counter-example to the idea that those who are good all year round are less suspicious than those who super-peak, and that line of conversation ended back in November.

This is one of the few threads on the board where a counter-opinion on Peter Sagan is allowed by his minions, therefore we shouldn't be wasting this opportunity by getting sidetracked.
Veteran

10 Apr 2018 07:44

Blanco wrote:
El Pistolero wrote:
Blanco wrote:

Nor did Valverde.
Valverde riding for a dirty team is way more suspicious than Boonen having one of the biggest dopers of the quintessential doping era as a personal mentor, didn't you know?
The sadness of the world has different ways of getting to people, but it seems to succeed almost every time
User avatar Bardamu

Re:

10 Apr 2018 16:25

Libertine Seguros wrote:But in this thread Valverde was introduced as the counter-example to the idea that those who are good all year round are less suspicious than those who super-peak, and that line of conversation ended back in November.

This is one of the few threads on the board where a counter-opinion on Peter Sagan is allowed by his minions, therefore we shouldn't be wasting this opportunity by getting sidetracked.

ignorant and condescending :lol:

no wonder this thread isnt going anywhere
saganftw

10 Apr 2018 17:04

saganftw wrote:
Libertine Seguros wrote:But in this thread Valverde was introduced as the counter-example to the idea that those who are good all year round are less suspicious than those who super-peak, and that line of conversation ended back in November.

I thought the tone of the first post made it pretty self-evident that, whether or not anybody found it amusing, I was gently joshing Pisti with some self-aware humour mainly at the expense of my own bias, but clearly I overestimated.

But since Sagan's brand of humour is more along the Dude, Where's My Car? lines, perhaps that shouldn't surprise me.
Veteran

10 Apr 2018 17:13

Dude, you forgot to plaster your post with emojis. Impossible to get a correct read on it then.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

10 Apr 2018 18:28

Libertine Seguros wrote:
saganftw wrote:

I thought the tone of the first post made it pretty self-evident that, whether or not anybody found it amusing, I was gently joshing Pisti with some self-aware humour mainly at the expense of my own bias, but clearly I overestimated.

But since Sagan's brand of humour is more along the Dude, Where's My Car? lines, perhaps that shouldn't surprise me.

That film is misunderstood. It's a very clever exploration of hedonism and epistomology, I won't hear a word against it.
Brullnux
Veteran

12 Apr 2018 10:35

saganftw wrote:

Thank you for saying this. LS, I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts as you have a depth of knowledge rivalled by few others. Please don’t sink to the level of the trolls.
Durden93

12 Apr 2018 11:36

Weird, I keep clicking on this thread to read about Sagan. Maybe next week.
User avatar red_flanders
Veteran

Re:

12 Apr 2018 12:27

red_flanders wrote:Weird, I keep clicking on this thread to read about Sagan. Maybe next week.

This year he was arguably the worst he's been since Tinkoff criticised him after the spring of 2015. Let's wait until he wins the Amstel on sunday, then we'll have something new to talk about.
User avatar Gung Ho Gun

12 Apr 2018 14:18

Gung Ho Gun wrote:
red_flanders wrote:Weird, I keep clicking on this thread to read about Sagan. Maybe next week.

This year he was arguably the worst he's been since Tinkoff criticised him after the spring of 2015. Let's wait until he wins the Amstel on sunday, then we'll have something new to talk about.

Have we been watching the same races? Won GW and Roubaix fairly convincely. He wasn’t quite his top form in still Flanders but still looked better than most aside from Terpstra.
Durden93

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic