Register

Travis Tygart - antidoping hero or chocolate teapot?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

13 Sep 2016 21:15

Benotti69 wrote:Wonder did Tygart target Armstrong because he is an atheist?

Someone is Armstrong's camp should've dragged him to church a few times.........:D

Or a strip club?
buckle

13 Sep 2016 21:32

It really is time for ordinary police force to start policing topsport.
Frauds like Tygart and Reedie are the teapots of topsport.
sniper
Veteran

Re: Travis Tygart - antidoping hero or chocolate teapot?

13 Sep 2016 21:42

"OK, Russian hackers, lets sort this out the old fashion way, meet you down the Candy Girls and have arm wrestle, best of 3 wins"

:lol:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

14 Sep 2016 14:50

Cookson et al put in some effort to redefine the term 'independent'. Now Tygart et al are going to redefine 'clean athlete'?

Tygart is gonna come out of this looking like an absolute clown. I wonder if he still likes his credibility.
sniper
Veteran

Re:

14 Sep 2016 22:05

Someone is Armstrong's camp should've dragged him to church a few times.........:D

Check out this study http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22059841 Here is part of the abstract

Abstract
Recent polls indicate that atheists are among the least liked people in areas with religious majorities (i.e., in most of the world). The sociofunctional approach to prejudice, combined with a cultural evolutionary theory of religion's effects on cooperation, suggest that anti-atheist prejudice is particularly motivated by distrust.
I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals
- Butch Cassidy
User avatar RobbieCanuck

Re: Re:

14 Sep 2016 22:25

RobbieCanuck wrote:

Check out this study http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22059841 Here is part of the abstract

Abstract
Recent polls indicate that atheists are among the least liked people in areas with religious majorities (i.e., in most of the world). The sociofunctional approach to prejudice, combined with a cultural evolutionary theory of religion's effects on cooperation, suggest that anti-atheist prejudice is particularly motivated by distrust.

I suspect he wanted to further his career and nothing more. He is part of the anti-doping industrial complex or "ADIC" and wanted to land a big fish - a big white fish just to prove he isn't a racist. Landis made that observation of Tygart on meeting him: it was all about Travis Tygart.
buckle

Re:

17 Sep 2016 16:10

It is not just Tygart. After a Swiss court entered a judgement against Kimmage, Floyd sent a few angry messages to USADA people, who had promised him they would go after the UCI and the system in general instead of simply concentrating on LA. Bill Bock responded with a note excusing USADA's actions about that and, apparently, other dubious actions taken by the agency. The note ended with a quote from the Bible about mistakes and forgiveness, which angered Floyd even more because scumbags were using the same book his mother believes in to excuse their own unethical actions.
"Their world is crumbling. Ours is being built."
DamianoMachiavelli

Re: Re:

17 Sep 2016 16:41

DamianoMachiavelli wrote:

It is not just Tygart. After a Swiss court entered a judgement against Kimmage, Floyd sent a few angry messages to USADA people, who had promised him they would go after the UCI and the system in general instead of simply concentrating on LA. Bill Bock responded with a note excusing USADA's actions about that and, apparently, other dubious actions taken by the agency. The note ended with a quote from the Bible about mistakes and forgiveness, which angered Floyd even more because scumbags were using the same book his mother believes in to excuse their own unethical actions.

No surprise there. The hypocrisy in sport is bigger than the doping.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re: Travis Tygart - antidoping hero or chocolate teapot?

28 Jun 2018 10:41

Tygart doing what Tygart does best, ignoring god loving dopers :cool:

Simon said it was “not uncommon” for him to receive calls from athletes that have questions about tests that have been done by country-specific anti-doping organizations or the International Tennis Federation’s program. “I’m not going to say its an everyday occurrence, but it does happen. There’s always a question about the rules, and it’s a constant education process with the athletes. We try to facilitate that,” Simon said. “I spoke with Travis and said, ‘I think you should give her a call.’ And he said he would.”

What precisely happened next between Williams, the WTA, and the USADA is unclear; all three parties are eager to dismiss a USADA agent occupying the property of the world’s most famous tennis player, and eventually coming away not having administered a test, as not news. A statement from USADA communications director Brad Horn said everything was normal and good:

https://deadspin.com/an-anti-doping-agent-occupied-serena-williams-s-propert-1826993294
User avatar thehog
Veteran

Previous

Return to The Clinic