Register

The Yates (AKA the TUE Brothers)

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

13 May 2018 15:07

Yates giving it the Lance fist pump. :)
Last edited by Benotti69 on 13 May 2018 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re:

13 May 2018 15:36

Benotti69 wrote:Yates giving it the Lance fist pump. :))))

Brits in cycling passing the torch? The washing machine had spin cycle problems today. :twisted:
User avatar JosephK

13 May 2018 15:39

I wonder if Yates is on a TUE. We'll never know because of the secrecy with TUE's.

Does anyone know if he's an asthmatic like all the other Brits?
Craigee

Re:

13 May 2018 15:41

Craigee wrote:I wonder if Yates is on a TUE. We'll never know because of the secrecy with TUE's.

Terbutaline, already banned once because someone failed to ask for a TUE. I guess he has one now in place. And it's for asthma.
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

Re: Re:

13 May 2018 15:47

Rollthedice wrote:
Craigee wrote:I wonder if Yates is on a TUE. We'll never know because of the secrecy with TUE's.

Terbutaline, already banned once because someone failed to ask for a TUE. I guess he has one now in place. And it's for asthma.

Really? Is this what he got in trouble for a couple of years ago? I didn't read the details at the time.
Craigee

13 May 2018 15:49

Craigee wrote:
Rollthedice wrote:

Really? Is this what he got in trouble for a couple of years ago? I didn't read the details at the time.

Yes, it was blamed on the team doctor if my memory is correct.
bigcog

13 May 2018 17:05

bigcog wrote:
Craigee wrote:
Rollthedice wrote:

Yes, it was blamed on the team doctor if my memory is correct.

Yep something about forgetting to file the paperwork for it.
User avatar Koronin

13 May 2018 19:04

Rollthedice wrote:

Another asthma med that's performance enhancing in high doses :rolleyes:
Wiggo's Package

Re:

13 May 2018 19:15

Benotti69 wrote:Yates giving it the Lance fist pump. :)

Come on you can do better than that.
I was him
User avatar Zama_Olyas

13 May 2018 21:15

How predictable this thread gets a boost today. I am no great fan of Yates but really guys can we lay off until there is some solid evidence rather than just because someone who isn't Spanish or Colombian wins on mountains? His twin brother got 4th in the Tour two years ago so my eyebrows are not particularly raised by what we are seeing.
Cookster15

13 May 2018 21:19

I dunno...watching that replay and the way he just blasts around those guys at the finish, opening a gap even, with a smile on his face showing no discomfort.
58teeth

Re: The Yates (AKA the TUE Brothers)

13 May 2018 21:31

Cookster15 wrote:How predictable this thread gets a boost today. I am no great fan of Yates but really guys can we lay off until there is some solid evidence rather than just because someone who isn't Spanish or Colombian wins on mountains? His twin brother got 4th in the Tour two years ago so my eyebrows are not particularly raised by what we are seeing.

the fact that hes already had a suspension a few years back, even if it was only for lack of TUE paperwork or whatever surely helps that thread boost.
ngent41

13 May 2018 21:49

Zama_Olyas wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:Yates giving it the Lance fist pump. :)

Come on you can do better than that.

Sorry Zama, the sport doesn't deserve it.

Yates is a doper just like the rest. There are some unicorns in the pro peloton but their silence is deafening.

Watched the Giro today more for the scenery as i lived in Abruzzo not too long ago and rode these roads.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re:

14 May 2018 05:32

Cookster15 wrote:How predictable this thread gets a boost today. I am no great fan of Yates but really guys can we lay off until there is some solid evidence rather than just because someone who isn't Spanish or Colombian wins on mountains? His twin brother got 4th in the Tour two years ago so my eyebrows are not particularly raised by what we are seeing.

He put in his time. Got trusted. Saw how it worked. It's not a leap too far at that point. Remember, this is the UCI we're talking about. Fixing grand tours by permitting doping is how it works.

I haven't tuned in to racing at all this year. But, it's too early to get a sense of a podium.
User avatar DirtyWorks
Veteran

14 May 2018 09:29

and how annnnoyyyying is his voice !!!!
that pseudo spanish accent - he,s from Manchester !!
User avatar Cycle Chic

Re:

14 May 2018 10:48

The fact his brother got 4th in the Tour should raise your eyebrows to the top of Zoncolan
"I have seen many lean riders in the peloton, but very few Tour winners."
User avatar Pantani Attacks

Re:

14 May 2018 10:49

Cycle Chic wrote:and how annnnoyyyying is his voice !!!!
that pseudo spanish accent - he,s from Manchester !!

I think its from spending time with too many Australians! My brother got a bit like that when he lived there - we wanted to cut out his tongue after a while.
simoni

Re:

14 May 2018 13:01

yaco wrote:Time will tell,especially how far Yates will go in the Giro - Will add that Yates is in his 5th year whch is when you get an idea how far a rider can go in GC - Now of course if Yates loses less than a minute in the ITT, then eyebrows will be raised.

If Yates loses less than 1 minute in a 33,4km flattish/hilly TT to the world champion ITT who's also an above average climber, than he's suddenly better than Froome himself. I refuse to believe that's possible from a guy who lost 4s a km to Froome a while back.

I think he will drop 2.30/3m in the long TT.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran

Re: The Yates (AKA the TUE Brothers)

14 May 2018 13:47

Mitchelton Scott and in particular Yates, have gone to a new level. Already he seems to be the dominant climber of this Giro and the way he gapped other top climbers over a short distance on Etna just underlined this dominance. He also still looks as fresh as a daisy at the end of the mountain tops. The chances are that he will need at least 2 minutes on Dumoulin before the TT but he has already shown he is capable of riding away from him on a couple of occasions and I would expect that gap to grow further given the strength of his team.
ontheroad

14 May 2018 16:25

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:
yaco wrote:Time will tell,especially how far Yates will go in the Giro - Will add that Yates is in his 5th year whch is when you get an idea how far a rider can go in GC - Now of course if Yates loses less than a minute in the ITT, then eyebrows will be raised.

If Yates loses less than 1 minute in a 33,4km flattish/hilly TT to the world champion ITT who's also an above average climber, than he's suddenly better than Froome himself. I refuse to believe that's possible from a guy who lost 4s a km to Froome a while back.

I think he will drop 2.30/3m in the long TT.

That's exactly my point - I used the minute on the basis of a below average performance from Dumoulin and a top of the race performance from Yates - Expect Yates to lose a bit over 2 minutes - Red flags are raced if the difference is around a minute.
yaco

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic